Author Topic: (Answered) List of the most up to date rules  (Read 1390 times)

Jeyar123

• Corporal
(Answered) List of the most up to date rules
« on: 01 July 2023, 20:59:08 »
So there are many printings of rules and there are books that sound like the end all for rules but some of them are considered superseded. Even the attached site allows one to purchase such books. This isn't necessarily bad as it gives one choices.

However if someone wants to just get the most up to date and still "valid" rules, where would such a concise list be found, or could this post be used for such a list? I ask as even a search didn't succeed in getting me this info, and I was told that one of my recent purchases (done elsewhere) wasn't quite what I was hoping for in terms of being up to date.  ;D
« Last Edit: 08 July 2023, 10:33:54 by Hammer »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: List of the most up to date rules
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2023, 23:38:06 »
Here are the most current rulebooks and printings:

Total Warfare - 10th printing
TechManual - 6th printing
Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules - 3rd Printing
Tactical Operations: Advanced Units and Equipment - 3rd Printing
Strategic Operations: Advanced Aerospace - 2nd printing
Campaign Operations - 3rd printing
Interstellar Operations: Alternate Eras - 3rd printing
Interstellar Operations: BattleForce - 3rd printing
A Time of War - 3rd Printing

BattleMech Manual - 6th printing*
Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition - 5th printing**

*This is a combination of the 'Mech rules from total warfare plus some of the equipment and rules from the Tactical Operations volumes for 'Mech-only battles
**Alpha Strike is a more abstracted ruleset that plays faster and allows for games with substantially more units

Note that the subtitles matter. Tactical Operations, Strategic Operations, and Interstellar Operations without the above subtitles are old versions. They're not completely obsolete, but enough has been shifted around and revised that using them can be a chore while chasing errata and other changes.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Jeyar123

• Corporal
Re: List of the most up to date rules
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2023, 21:07:50 »
Wow! Thank you very much! This is exactly the type of information I was hoping to see. Also thank you on being so fast too.

So is whomever I'm going to by these from too.