Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1164 times)

Commander85

• Private
A few questions
« on: 11 December 2019, 08:33:57 »
Hello, a friend and I have recently started playing AS. I have a couple of questions we haven't been able to figure out. We have the "Alpha strike" manual and also the "Companion".

1. We have a couple of Manticore heavy tanks. There's a picture on P35 showing firing arcs. It doesn't show tanks, are their firing arcs the same as Mechs? (Not considering the turret ability)

2. We also have a VTOL. Anytime the VTOL lands, does it need a suitable landing area or can it just land theoretically in 1 inch of clear terrain? Also, does the VTOL need to make a "Control roll" every time it lands?

Thanks for your time, very appreciated.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2019, 08:58:22 »
Welcome to Alpha Strike.

1. Yes. The standard firing arc diagram is for all single firing arc units unless there is an exception listed (like turrets, infantry having a 360 degree firing arc, etc).

2. It just lands.  The only restriction/rule about VTOLs landing is what kind of terrain is it landing on. No control roll or extra move cost.  Just pay to move down the level, and check the terrain is legal (not prohibited to vtols on the movement table) to land on (not woods, water).  The landing rules on page 71 are for aerospace units, not vtols.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Commander85

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2019, 09:48:32 »
Thanks that's terrific.

Commander85

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2019, 19:24:23 »
Hi Nckestrel or anyone else.

I’m now looking at adding fleet scale space units to my Alpha Strike inventory. The plan is to use the rules from the Alpha Strike manual + the Companion.

I’m trying to find stats for units like Destroyers/Cruisers on Masterunit list. I can find the units themselves but it doesn’t have weapon abilities etc. my goal is to have a large ship capable of launching fighters and a drop ship plus retrieving them.

For example, the Aegis.

Thanks for your time.

Register