Author Topic: Captain Samuel "Shorty" Sneede, reporting for duty.  (Read 1302 times)

Luciora

• Major
Captain Samuel "Shorty" Sneede, reporting for duty.
« on: 05 February 2021, 03:13:57 »
Eclectic was the paint scheme of the day, and went with something that showcased each unit mech that made up his frankenmech.

Hope you all enjoy!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Captain Samuel "Shorty" Sneede, reporting for duty.
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2021, 04:25:51 »
That, sir, is excellent!  :thumbsup:
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2021, 15:37:08 »
That is Awesome!  Always wanted to do this mech.   :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2021, 16:59:21 »
 :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2021, 10:44:02 »
Horrific and beautiful at the same time.  Excellent work sir!  :thumbsup: 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2021, 16:52:37 »
Very nice. :thumbsup:
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2021, 13:50:34 »
I am curious how did you make it?  I can see some of the different mechs used and also the original description from the source book but how'd you make it work?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2021, 16:07:03 »
I had sourced some extra minis from an online retailer, and used a razor saw to separate the torsos and arms from the appropriate mechs.  The head of the Pixie was a little harder to remove, but careful angle sawing let me remove it with the least amount of damage.

After that it was just a matter of gluing the parts into the proper spots with super glue.

I imagine pinning might be needed for the metal versions when those are released.

I did cheat on the Warhammer arm however, as I had a spare Banshee one and just crafted a shoulder using  some spare panels.

I am curious how did you make it?  I can see some of the different mechs used and also the original description from the source book but how'd you make it work?

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2021, 06:46:53 »
I had sourced some extra minis from an online retailer, and used a razor saw to separate the torsos and arms from the appropriate mechs.  The head of the Pixie was a little harder to remove, but careful angle sawing let me remove it with the least amount of damage.

After that it was just a matter of gluing the parts into the proper spots with super glue.

I imagine pinning might be needed for the metal versions when those are released.

I did cheat on the Warhammer arm however, as I had a spare Banshee one and just crafted a shoulder using  some spare panels.

Got it.  Might just have to give this a try.  Snords irregulars has always been my favorite unit but I never felt I could make Shorties Mech,  Thank you for the inspiration to give it a try,  if I can find the space parts. 

BaldDen

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2021, 16:04:25 »
Very nice work! :thumbsup:

Register