Author Topic: Web Page Error Accruing once in a while  (Read 17800 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Web Page Error Accruing once in a while
« on: 14 July 2017, 05:30:42 »
Hi
I know you guys are still in recovery mode.  I'm just reporting just encase this wasn't seen. Properly is.
I'm getting 503 Gateway Error once in while I am going through the threads.  It's not a missing thread that still has link, its basically from what I get is
that webpage times out and is unable to load itself. It looks like I'm still on, but I get the 503 error.  One point yesterday 7/13/2017, the forums were unreachable briefly.

Thank you.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Web Page Error Accruing once in a while
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2017, 07:59:25 »
I just prodded people about server errors again myself over email.  I haven't seen any 503s, just mostly 504s (Gateway Timeout) and one 502 (Bad Gateway).  A 504 means that the front end server isn't getting a timely response from the back end.  The receptionist is at their desk and routing your call but no one's picking up when the receptionist calls them on the phone, basically.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2017, 08:02:52 »

I am getting 504's a lot.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2017, 08:11:33 »
Yeah, there's one or two occasionally, then a spike and the boards are unreachable for a time.  I don't have access to get in there and investigate it myself or I'd be digging through log files right now.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2017, 14:07:48 »
So looks like I don't have to start a timeout thread. Add me to the 504 crowd. Got that twice last night around 2:30 EST and 5:30 EST which is not known to be this sites busiest time for people to be posting.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2017, 14:24:13 »
I've also been getting 504s. Less today than I was getting yesterday though.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2017, 15:08:15 »
I saw a spike of them around midnight (PST) last night. I assumed it was like the way the boards used to become inaccessible around 1 am every night.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2017, 15:22:23 »
No, that maintenance period would give me "Unable to reach the page" errors, not 504s...

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2017, 15:46:26 »
Yeah this is a different annoyance than the backups from before.

Before it was like going to the DMV and waiting in line to get a renewed license. Way way too many people standing in line waiting because the line teller is extremely overworked.
Now it is more like trying to talk to someone who forgot to put their hearing aid in. Your words just aren't reaching them at all.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2017, 09:09:07 »
This is the first time I've been able to get in to the forum for somewhere between the last 1-2 hours.  It was all 504 errors.  I hope this helps track down whatever is causing them...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2017, 14:33:42 »
Just back after a few more hours of 504s today.  At this point, I'm actually hoping they're due to maintenance and not some unknown cause...

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2017, 14:48:05 »
Between about 6AM abd 3:40 PM, whenever I tried to get on the boards, I could not...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2017, 21:29:15 »
Man...it really has been Gray Monday all over again... XD

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2017, 23:23:15 »
Fortiething the comments about 504/503, I'm getting those pretty much every night overnight (say, midnight to 3am or so pacific) and it's been doing it all day as well, until now (9:20 pm).
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2017, 23:47:54 »
I'm in the UK and had 504's pretty much all day yesterday.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2017, 12:54:06 »
I'm in the UK.
If I try to go straight to the forums using my shorrtcut (http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php) I get a 504 error.
If I go to the main page then use the forums button it seems to be fine.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2017, 13:39:00 »
I'm in the US and I got the 504 Gateway error just hour ago.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #18 on: 17 July 2017, 13:45:39 »
I'm the UK, and you can add me to the 504th Legion too. On and off for the last several days.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #19 on: 17 July 2017, 14:53:28 »
Another brit here and yeah 504 less than a hour ago and on and off throughout the day.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: 17 July 2017, 16:49:11 »
Dirty Peripheric bum...i mean, argentinian here, we got the 504 Time Out error almost once a day.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2017, 17:16:12 »
I'm well aware they're continuing.  This is highly unlikely to be location or browser related and affects multiple sites.

I've continued to pass reports along and follow up with the person communicating with the host.  We'll post more information when we have something to share.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2017, 17:28:58 »
I'm the UK, and you can add me to the 504th Legion too. On and off for the last several days.

No, no! It's ComStar's 504th "Gateway" division. It was on timeout during the succession wars, but was activated a number of times from the Clan Invasion onwards ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2017, 17:42:15 »
I do hope it gets resolved soon. I'm starting to miss the old forum blackouts....

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2017, 18:55:31 »
No, no! It's ComStar's 504th "Gateway" division. It was on timeout during the succession wars, but was activated a number of times from the Clan Invasion onwards ...
All right, one of those two needs to be the thread title...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2017, 20:43:37 »
You know, maybe it's me...but seems these 504 gateway errors are happening at the same time each time it happens.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2017, 05:43:53 »

[grin] Nice.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #27 on: 18 July 2017, 22:39:27 »
Here some good news: no 504s for me today.  Tried to login and different points throughout the day and never had a problem.  That had not been the case up through yesterday.  Thanks to all involved!   :) (I'll give a thumbs up smiley and applause when they come back)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #29 on: 21 July 2017, 07:56:40 »
I didn't have one yesterday, but today (2017-07-21) I had one at 8:45AM EST. Happened on two laptops.

Edit: Happened for me just now, for 30 minutes. 10-10:30AM.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2017, 09:32:08 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)