Author Topic: Incorrect order - Confusing responses from CGL support  (Read 1331 times)

Robert Anstruther

• Private
  • Northwind Highlanders do it commando!
Incorrect order - Confusing responses from CGL support
« on: 30 March 2012, 15:28:18 »
Hi all,

I have recently been getting back into BT and have a wedge of cash to spend over time on products.  I have purchased 3039 RS Unabridged but found out they it is the wrong one, there are two listed in Battleshop, I seen it on the main site then searched myself on Battleshop. Anyways I bought the wrong one, there are two versions with the same name but different products.  I emailed customer service to ask for a refund so I can buy the correct one.  This was my orginal email;

I purchased what I believed to be RS 3039 Unabridged found here;
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_35_208&products_id=2086

But actually this isn't what I seen on the Catalyst site and indeed
what I wanted;
http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=record-sheets-3039-unabridged#

Both products are called Record Sheet 3039 Unabridged but different
covers and pricing?  I am very confused, what I seen was on the
Catalyst description there are 490 variants yet only 304 pages, didn't
quite add up even with pages containing two vehicles.  I would
appreciate it if I could get either be refunded or sent the correct
product refunded the difference.

I got a reply which said no problem to refund just needed verification, then 3 days later Randall sent me a link the correct version with a note stating its the one I wanted (the same link in my email).  I haven't heard anything since and have sent two further emails.  I'm sure there would be no problem getting a refund/exchange as its pretty straight up, two products with the same name on the site but I am a little underwhelmed at the responses and feedback so far.  Not sure what to do, I would like the correct product and also I want to buy some more but until I get this sorted and I am happy with it I'm waiting.

Any ideas, should I wait or do I need to keep emailing? Last resort I can apply through Paypal but I don't really want to do that, just need someone to sort it!

Thanks

Rob

EDIT:  I can see they removed the original link for the incorrect product!
« Last Edit: 30 March 2012, 15:30:34 by Robert Anstruther »

Wars are won, one battle at a time.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Incorrect order - Confusing responses from CGL support
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2012, 15:49:21 »
Let me see if I can get you in touch with them

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"