Author Topic: 2013-03-31 Quail Hunting [Philip A. Lee, Craig A. Reed]  (Read 3003 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
"The Star League has given us our chance to strike back against the Clan threat."

During Operation BIRD DOG, the Federated Commonwealth hatches a desperate raid against the Smoke Jaguars, but can they defeat the fabled Gray Baron? Story by Philip A. Lee, with a scenario by Craig A. Reed.

[era]CI[/era]
« Last Edit: 31 March 2013, 13:38:28 by roosterboy »

lexington476

• Sergeant
  • PXH-7K
Re: 2013-03-31 Quail Hunting [Philip A. Lee, Craig A. Reed]
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2013, 17:27:19 »
Nice story, cool to see the mission included to see that whole unit list.  But, but is "OWL-4"???????????

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
  • My blood runs the color of jade.
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2013, 17:44:25 »
I believe it was mentioned in either JHS:3076 or JHS:Terra.

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Twitter: @JoeChummer
Author Page
Official Website

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2013, 17:58:20 »
"OWL-4"?
It means something. You've probably heard of this facility before.  :-X    >:D
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

lexington476

• Sergeant
  • PXH-7K
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2013, 17:54:15 »
It means something. You've probably heard of this facility before.  :-X    >:D

hhmmmmm, I am drawing a total blank on this one... I am know it is going to be a duh, but can't think of it.  I have not read any of the last few source books if it is in any of the recent books...

joechummer

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant
  • My blood runs the color of jade.
    • Philip Lee Writing
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2013, 11:35:45 »
Check out  Total Chaos, pp. 160–161 or Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 30–31 & 58–59.

Philip A. LeeManaging Editor of Shrapnel, the Official BattleTech Magazine. Author of BattleCorps stories A Wolf in the Eyrie, Half of a Warrior, Seeds of Loyalty, Whispering Death, Fragments of History, A Living Epitaph, Double Down, So Costly a Sacrifice, Rain Dance, Quail Hunting, A Show of Force, and A Keystone Arch, Seven Years' Bad Luck, High Value Target, The Face of the Enemy, Horn and Fang, and A Measure of Clarity
Twitter: @JoeChummer
Author Page
Official Website

Register