Author Topic: Performing the same simple action twice.  (Read 1353 times)

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
Performing the same simple action twice.
« on: 05 July 2018, 12:40:53 »
Can a character perform the same simple action twice such as firing a weapon assuming the character has previously drawned the weapon. I know their is a ready action as well. Does the ready action happen before each simple action of a trigger pull or only after a simple action of a reload such as slide the upper shealth or ****** a pistol.

EX1: Firing the same gun twice in the same turn.
EX2: Firing two different weapons in the same turn using the ambidextrous trait.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Performing the same simple action twice.
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2018, 13:39:14 »
I believe so, or at least that's how I read the rules.

PreacherPatriot1776

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2018, 13:45:30 »
The ready action shows that it is something like pulling the weapon out and readying it for use.

Firing the same weapon twice: Yes, because the weapon is ready and you get two simple actions per round.

Firing two different weapons: Yes, each weapon being fired is a simple action if they are both readied. If they are not both readied then no you can't fire them both at the same time.

As long as the player doesn't exceed 2 Simple Actions they can do it.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2018, 16:18:03 »
There are some limits, mostly to do with if the weapon needs an action to reload/ready for the next shot(see bolt action rifle), but as others have pointed out the overall answer is yes you can fire a weapon twice.

Register