Author Topic: RS 3085U The Cutting Edge  (Read 34647 times)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
RS 3085U The Cutting Edge
« on: 25 January 2011, 20:18:27 »
I just downloaded RS 3085U The Cutting Edge and I have to say I'm pretty darn happy. For some reason the HCT-6M really struck me as fun and the WHD-10CT was something I was very happy to have an official RS for. Oh, and the MNL-3W is in the IS section despite being all clan tech... I assume on purpose.

Anything stick out for anyone else?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: RS 3085U The Cutting Edge
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2011, 20:29:40 »
There's this big, nasty Clan 'Mech that moves 4/6/7 and one of those has a pretty big gun...
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2011, 20:31:52 »
The Blade, in all of it's incarnations, looks like a nasty mech that I can't wait to see on the table. The Hatchetman with the Heavy PPC is brilliant, it's actually something I have done playing with HM Pro and SSW. And the Mjolinor just makes me smile. I don't know why but I desperately want to see it race across the board and head cap someone with a 12 point 'hammer' blow.

On the Clan side, the Hellstar. Ummm...ouch!!
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Klep

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2011, 20:34:09 »
It's nothing amazingly special, but I really liked seeing the AS7-Dr.  It's nice to see another refit of the old AS7-D that, like the S and unlike the K, is fairly simple and effective.  It's also hilarious to see the experimental Kuma and a Targe variant that isn't completely horrible. :P

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2011, 20:42:25 »
It's also hilarious to see the experimental Kuma and a Targe variant that isn't completely horrible. :P

You did look at the legs, right?

Klep

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2011, 20:46:11 »
It's also hilarious to see the experimental Kuma and a Targe variant that isn't completely horrible. :P

You did look at the legs, right?
Oh it's definitely still largely horrible, just not completely so.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2011, 20:49:56 »
There's this big, nasty Clan 'Mech that moves 4/6/7 and one of those has a pretty big gun...

Technically, that 4/6/7 is ONLY when it is in a certain degree of atmosphere...
Actually..I wish they had not included all the effects of the partial wing in the heat and jump profiles, since those
do variant based on the type of atmosphere you are fighting in...

Also, I must ask: while I can understand that Dropships and such are a pain..what was wrong with the WiGEs?
I had players who were hoping for the WiGEs to be in 3085: cutting edge so they could use them in an upcoming local
tournament, but....well, since there are no published sheets, they are not tournament legal.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2011, 20:58:32 »
anyone notice the Error on the Kahru?  the Primary Variant is the C, there is a variant that we have never seen before, AND we have no proper Primary sheet outside the print record sheets product.

I dig the Jihad Era Wasp and Phoenix Hawk LAM, it makes me wonder what Divisions if any deployed them (52nd, 39th, and a few of the more elite shadows that tend to focus on Mobility)

the Intro Tech Eisenfaust is wicked cool, I wanna see it in the succession war field
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2011, 21:00:48 »

Technically, that 4/6/7 is ONLY when it is in a certain degree of atmosphere...
Actually..I wish they had not included all the effects of the partial wing in the heat and jump profiles, since those
do variant based on the type of atmosphere you are fighting in...

I imagine it was done for the ease of use. Most folks probably don't use many different atmospheres and those that do are probably more capable of adapting than those who don't.

Also, I must ask: while I can understand that Dropships and such are a pain..what was wrong with the WiGEs?
I had players who were hoping for the WiGEs to be in 3085: cutting edge so they could use them in an upcoming local
tournament, but....well, since there are no published sheets, they are not tournament legal.

I'd guess it has to do with the software.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2011, 22:00:15 »
Pardon my ignorance but where is the illustraition for the OSP-15 from?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2011, 22:01:27 »
I dig the Jihad Era Wasp and Phoenix Hawk LAM, it makes me wonder what Divisions if any deployed them (52nd, 39th, and a few of the more elite shadows that tend to focus on Mobility)

Too bad the Jihad Stinger LAM generated too much laugh-spittle to make it in. :D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2011, 22:05:42 »
Too bad the Jihad Stinger LAM generated too much laugh-spittle to make it in. :D

Erph? Wow...really? That bad? Makes me wonder what would make something so bad that TPTB would
not include it in canon...Noting that the Jihad Wasp LAM is something that I would be very nervous
about facing...not so much the Jihad Phoenix Hawk LAM(I would be more worried about its friends
that it is spotting for!)

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2011, 22:08:04 »

The Fensalir and Pandion's basic designs are easily doable if you can trust someone to fill out the sheets correctly - the information in TRO3085 is everything you need to fill one out.  The variants are more problematic, though.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2011, 22:10:10 »
It is nice to see the second versino of the targe. Too bad we still don't have left to right symmetry.  The ERLL Ostwar is nice too.

I'm just not sure which version of the ebony I want to try first.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2011, 22:13:22 »
Erph? Wow...really? That bad? Makes me wonder what would make something so bad that TPTB would
not include it in canon...Noting that the Jihad Wasp LAM is something that I would be very nervous
about facing...not so much the Jihad Phoenix Hawk LAM(I would be more worried about its friends
that it is spotting for!)

Oh yeah, it was bad. It defined "munchkin" in a way that shouldn't be canon.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2011, 22:15:26 »

The fact that the Hellstar and Sphinx made it into the book with a remark like this concerns me.  It also makes me really curious about that Stinger LAM.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2011, 22:19:40 »
The Fensalir and Pandion's basic designs are easily doable if you can trust someone to fill out the sheets correctly - the information in TRO3085 is everything you need to fill one out.  The variants are more problematic, though.

See..that is the thing: you can only use things that have canon sheets produced by CGL in a tournament. Yes, it is easy to hand do the
stats, but that doesn't change the tournament rules.

Not sure how...since LAMs can only have Composite Internal Structure and Double Heat Sinks...So, it would only have gained like a ton...
not sure what could be done with that that would make it "the definition of munchkin" much more then the Gausszilla or pulse+TC Pariah...

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2011, 22:20:15 »

Because there's none of that in RS 3085.  ;)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2011, 22:21:35 »
Not sure how...since LAMs can only have Composite Internal Structure and Double Heat Sinks...So, it would only have gained like a ton...
not sure what could be done with that that would make it "the definition of munchkin" much more then the Gausszilla or pulse+TC Pariah...

It had a movement profile best compared to aerospace fighters...in AirMech mode.

megatrons2nd

• Warrant Officer
  • All hail Megatron
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2011, 22:22:05 »
LAM's can have Composite IS?  Where did you find this out?
All the world's a joke and the people merely punchlines.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2011, 22:24:10 »

I think that he meant "Standard" IS, and they can deploy sing heat sinks as well, though that spells heat death for AirMechs under new rules.  It turns the 3025 LAMs from Gods among mechs to barely manageable messes.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2011, 22:31:07 »

One of the ones in the RS volume has it.

See..that is the thing: you can only use things that have canon sheets produced by CGL in a tournament. Yes, it is easy to hand do the
stats, but that doesn't change the tournament rules.

Out of curiosity, where are these rules?

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2011, 22:35:38 »
And who thought that the Ostscout 7K was under armed, the Kuma 3 has no weapons what so ever  :D
on the other hand the Kuma is almost twice the weight of the Ostscout and has nearly the same mobility. Well at lest you could give it a 6 ton hand held weapons pod.

And RS for the Fennec yea, The Blade looks nice, though Im a bit worried about it's weapons, their all on the Right arm...

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2011, 22:38:23 »
And who thought that the Ostscout 7K was under armed, the Kuma 3 has no weapons what so ever  :D
on the other hand the Kuma is almost twice the weight of the Ostscout and has nearly the same mobility. Well at lest you could give it a 6 ton hand held weapons pod.

And RS for the Fennec yea, The Blade looks nice, though Im a bit worried about it's weapons, their all on the Right arm...

its a shame that the Handheld weapon pod requires heat sinks, cause a heavy large laser would be an awesome gun for that Kuma. by my read you are lucky to mount a decent sized LRM or SSRM rack

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2011, 22:42:36 »
Hello,

Missing Record Sheets: The DropShips and WiGEs will be included in a free update to RS3085U. At the time of release, we were still encountering issues with the automated software for these designs. We chose to release the product now, and update when we have sorted out those issues.

OSP-15 Art: This was a concept art piece done by one of our artists. It has never been published, until now.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2011, 22:44:09 »
Also, the handheld weapons pods for the Kuma 3 will be in the update.

Right, Joel? 8)

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2011, 22:58:26 »

its a shame that the Handheld weapon pod requires heat sinks, cause a heavy large laser would be an awesome gun for that Kuma. by my read you are lucky to mount a decent sized LRM or SSRM rack

I believe Ballistic and Missile weapons do not require heat sinks and ammo can be done by the shot, per the errata page.

Leonard Kerensky

• Sergeant
  • The smart ones know when to duck.
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2011, 23:21:38 »
Hello,

Missing Record Sheets: The DropShips and WiGEs will be included in a free update to RS3085U. At the time of release, we were still encountering issues with the automated software for these designs. We chose to release the product now, and update when we have sorted out those issues.

OSP-15 Art: This was a concept art piece done by one of our artists. It has never been published, until now.

Best,
Joel BC

how soon? whats the ETA? >.> i really wanna use my Hiyro's in combat. i've had painted miniatures for them since last xmas!!
Overkill is only overkill when you cannot find the pieces.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2011, 23:26:25 »
I believe Ballistic and Missile weapons do not require heat sinks and ammo can be done by the shot, per the errata page.

They do not require heat sinks, but you still have to follow the standard rules for ammo mass (i.e., 1 ton for most weapons, 0.5 tons for machine guns) unless using the optional Fractional Accounting rules.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2011, 23:29:25 »
how soon? whats the ETA? >.> i really wanna use my Hiyro's in combat. i've had painted miniatures for them since last xmas!!

The Hiryo sheets are in RS3075 Unabridged.

Register