Author Topic: Hellraisers Merc Unit  (Read 1616 times)

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Hellraisers Merc Unit
« on: 26 September 2018, 23:11:28 »
This is going to be my catch all my all the mech's in the Hellraisers Merc Unit. It's a custom Merc Unit based on a previous battletech group I used to play with. I am going to start with the my Crab. I think this came together so fantastic and I am very proud of it.

I was inspired by Gunji's crab (http://www.darklined.com/showcase/ironwind-metals-showcase/crab/). I just loved what he did with it. I wanted to do something similar but with the arms in a different position. I have played MWO off and on and really loved their crab design also, loved the cockpit and everything.

So I filled in the spots of the crabs armor that I wanted flat with some JB weld and sanded it down flat to get the look of Gunji's crab. I scratch build the cockpit using sculpy III and I made the frame for the cockpit with JB weld. I figured that the arms were King Crab arms and I had some extra from King Crabs I am working on. I cut the claw arms at the wrist location and pinned them in a vertical position. I looked through my bits bags and found an extra Orion gun to act as a large laser. I filled in the center laser with sculpy also to create a a rounded lens for the middle light ppc.

I based this merc units scheme on one I liked in MWO. For the lens effects on the weapons I used GW's jewel paints.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Hellraisers Merc Unit
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2018, 23:28:08 »
Excellent work there!  I am always impressed with folks that can do orange well. 8) :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2018, 03:57:13 »
Looks good.

Hellraisers, great. I was going back and forth between that and Hell's Rangers for my mercs.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2018, 05:27:16 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2018, 15:25:36 »
Nice mods! :thumbsup:

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2018, 11:04:48 »
Nice conversion! I like the addition of a cockpit. It makes more sense to me. I *might* have to steal borrow this idea.

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2018, 21:39:01 »
Up next is the King Crab. This uses Seraph Legs, Hamerhands RAC arms, Warhammer upper arms, Warhammer PPC barrels, and a Hound gun. This is a pretty straight forward conversion. Also numbers are hand painted on the entire unit.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2018, 21:17:11 »
What's with all the great work with orange lately! Very nice mods, and a well executed job with a difficult colour.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2018, 22:22:32 »
What's with all the great work with orange lately!

Well, it is October... ;)

And excellent work again sir. :thumbsup: 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2018, 21:19:16 »
What's with all the great work with orange lately! Very nice mods, and a well executed job with a difficult colour.

W.

Thank you. I did not find orange to be difficult to work with. I just thinned it out and layered it on.

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2018, 01:18:22 »
Well done, I also like the addition of a cockpit.  :thumbsup:
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!