Author Topic: Design Challange: Society Battle Armor  (Read 2810 times)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Design Challange: Society Battle Armor
« on: 20 April 2018, 19:42:16 »
Yes they should have access to Elemental Suits. But this is more for my Hegemony Research and Development department and use with the Society OmniMechs for which I am Co-opting. 

I need a medium Suit for mainline combat against BattleMechs and Infantry. This Elemental with Society level of tech. 

The second design would be an assault weight suit used as a mobile weapons platform.  Think Golem meets Black Wolf.  No fufu armors such as reactive/reflective/flame resistant.  Advanced armor is fine no stealth.  The strongest general protection type of armor for Battle Armor is what I am looking for.

If anyone wants to toss in a light reconnaissance suit with advanced stealth armor feel free but not looking for for now.  The THAFiE currently has thousands of Night Hawk Mk XXI Suits and numerous variants for general combat and even space operations.  So not required but if you want to see what you can come up with feel free.

The best designs will be commissioned into art for all to use.

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
Re: Design Challange: Society Battle Armor
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2018, 07:01:47 »
Now I suppose I'm late to the party - that no one showed up to - but did the society have any particular technologies usable by Battle Armour?
As far as I know they were short on personell and put everything into their protomech program.
Besides, they often had bases on rather uninhabitable worlds, so the usual cheese of IS chassis with clan armour wouldn't make sense, here.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2018, 15:21:55 »
Society level tech but Terran Hegemony manpower.  Think of it that way.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2018, 22:13:18 »
for the medium, i figure they'd go simple.. use as much of the Elemental as possible, and swap around the weapons, armor, etc. i'm thinking Stealth armor (because the Clans have access to it, but no clan suit have every used it), dropping the SRM to find the mass, using whatever is left over for something else. (maybe drop the SL for an ER Micro as well?)

anyone know a good program for making BA? or will i have to do it the old fashioned way?
« Last Edit: 27 July 2018, 22:16:12 by glitterboy2098 »

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2018, 03:48:22 »
I'm using heavy metal battle armor for the most part.  Megamek lab can also do battle armor.

Medium.
3 walk,  10 standard armor, AP Gauss rifle, aSRM-2 with 4 salvos.  Magnetic Clamps. (Anything the IS can do... the clans can copy quickly once they hear about it.) Heavy Battle claw.
Nearly the same mobility as elementals.  Flexibility was traded for streamlined production with the AP guass, Advanced SRM's give better range and hit accuracy compared to the elementals SRM.  Deeper ammo bins lets you keep firing longer then a normal elemental.  The Magnetic Clamps lets this battle armor design mechanize with vehicles in their trey.  The Heavy Battleclaw is mostly there to show that society elementals are better endowed then their clan counterparts.

Assault
1 mp, 18 armor, Modular missile capable mounts in the arms and the body.  820kg available for dakka.
Such interesting things as:
LRM-4 with 8 salvos', 2 AP gauss rifles.
3 SRM-4's with 3 or so salvo's each.
ERMedium laser  With Shots for Days
1 Heavy Flamers, an ER Small Laser, And a machine gun or light missile launcher or something.
Nothing super interesting really.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2018, 18:36:25 »
some things to think about.  Remember these aren't for the Society.  but for the hidden Terran Hegemony.  I will need a standard line combatant unit.  I don't know how the Micro Laser matches up with a Small.

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2018, 19:51:21 »
Ah, so it's for a fictional faction (even more fictional than the whole universe, that is).
The 'problem' I see is that the society just didn't develop anything for Battle Armors.
They had a few omni-mechs, incredibly high tech and neatly specialized, and very strong protos, but no Battle Armor.
There's nothing that differentiates there tech from just standard clantech, at their level, and the technologies they would have used (like stealth) you said you don't want.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2018, 12:59:18 »
Ah, so it's for a fictional faction (even more fictional than the whole universe, that is).
The 'problem' I see is that the society just didn't develop anything for Battle Armors.
They had a few omni-mechs, incredibly high tech and neatly specialized, and very strong protos, but no Battle Armor.
There's nothing that differentiates there tech from just standard clantech, at their level, and the technologies they would have used (like stealth) you said you don't want.
yeah. had they develop new battle armor they'd have designed around their limitations. they had access to advanced tech, even stuff the clans normally had abandoned (like Null sig and chameleon light polarization shield), but they had limited manpower, their way of fighting was very asymmetrical, unconventional. false flags, hit and run, sabotage, guerilla warfare stuff. so any battle armor they designed would have been designed with that in mind. not straight combat, but designed to fight a guerilla war, from the shadows
ultimately they'd have designed a more advanced and capable equivalent of the Nighthawk.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2018, 10:48:38 »
Yeah I guess I worded everything wrong. It’s more on the level of technology and the look of what the society would have made. I like their ‘Mechs and such.

Register