Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.43.9 (0.44 RC3) for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 5594 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
We continue toward a new Stable with another Release Candidate.

Megamek.
Bug fixes getting ready for new stable.

MegaMekLab.

MekHQ.

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.
3)   Mac users will need to perform these steps https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/wiki/OSX-Permissions to get megamek to run.

Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.

The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous release.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS
Megamek.
MegaMek v0.43.9-RC3
Code: [Select]
Issue #902: Fixed multiple issues relating to configuring ammo in weapon bays
PR #916: Make MUL files work for tracking ammo on GunEmplacements
PR #928: Corrections to scenarios, new keyword for handling random maps
Fixes Issue #927: Scenario random maps don't work with the new board directory structure
PR #924: Fix for #215: Entity Sprites displacement in Deployment
Fixes Issue #215: Entity Sprites displacement in Deployment
PR #921: Fixes boardview tooltip NPEs
PR #919: Pavement hexes not turned to mud in rainy conditions
Fixes Issue #546: Can get bogged down on pavement
PR #915: Board Background / BoardEditor fixes
PR #839: Add check to ignore SI damage for squadron status display
PR #917: Implemented break in PD heat checks instead of continue
PR #909: Add MiscType entry for Clan Endo-Composite structure
Fixes Issue MegaMek/megameklab#143: Endo-Composite not showing up as an option
PR #923: Bogdown after DFA
Fixes Issue #420: Jumping Mech is Not Bogged Down in Swamp Automatically After Sucessful DFA
Remove duplicate Glancing Blow and Direct Blow report messages
PR #930: Fix the image cache
PR #931: Observer Initiative & TacGen ICB Reset
Fixes Issue #339: Init streak compensation
Fixes Issue #345: Using Tactical Genius should not reset Initiative Streak Compensation
Fixes Issue #804: Initiative Streak Compensation Counts Observers
Fixes round reports showing initiative for observers
Fixes round reports showing BV information for players who never had any (original observers)
PR #932: Add Handle override to CapitalMissileBayHandler
Fixes Glancing/Direct Blow with capital missiles
Fixes handling of AMS vs. capital missiles
PR #933: Fully amphibious water travel fix
Fixes Issue #913: [.43.8 RC2] Bridge has a basement for some reason

MegaMekLab.
MegaMekLab v0.43.9-RC3
Update MegaMek.jar to v0.43.9-RC3

MekHQ:
v0.43.9-RC3
Issue #647: Exception Causing UI Issues while Unit is Being Refit
Issue #655: Mechs (and probably other units) whose crews ejected will be able to deploy on subsequent missions
Updated faction-change info for FWL using Handbook Marik
Updated faction-change info for FC using Handbook Steiner
Refactor OrgTree classes to be TOE classes (For clarity of purpose)
PR #667: Deployed Twice
Fixes #666 Cloning units into scenarios by the simple expedient of clearing deployment of everything within the selected forces to be deployed.
Updated MegaMek.jar to v0.43.9-RC3
Updated MegaMekLab.jar to v0.43.9-RC3

Enjoy everyone.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 09:56:39 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Wow! Thanks for hard work! I'll get to work trying it out!  ^-^
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
I had an issue tonight with the map not loading while using the hq_atmospheric tile set.  The map screen also had an odd duplication of message boxes and the window frame.  Both went away when I reverted to the standard atmospheric tile set and restarted the mission from mekhq.

I also have a persistent issue withe the minimap not displaying, even when I have the option to enable the minimap set and select the View menu option.  It shows for the first mission map, but then it's gone for any subsequent missions, even after restarting everything.

Any chance that there is a free/ransom all prisoners option in the works?

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
You could just shift-click to select them all.

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
You could just shift-click to select them all.

On the Mac side of the equation, I've never gotten that to give me the options to Free/Ransom/Recruit. Only one at a time, and that's in 0.43.8.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
To have the ransom option show up at all, you need to be using AtB and have the "random enemy capture" option selected.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
The "random enemy capture" option  works.  I still don't get a "free" option if I have more than one prisoner selected, but I'd prefer to ransom them anyways.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
Since LightGuard mentioned it, what needs to be set for the recruit option to work?  I know the prisoner gets an asterisk by their name when they are willing to consider it, but besides setting the flag with the GM options, can a prisoner randomly decide to defect with AtB?

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
So I do not think it is a bug as I remember people talking about it, but do not remember how to do it. The issue I ran into is trying to get my mechs to walk through a building rather than try and climb it. I remember something about the climp button and there being two different modes, but could not tell if clicking the button did anything, and it still had my units try to climb the buildings so I am sure that I am missing something most likely something super simple, but for the life of my I can not figure it out.

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
pressing climb should toggle between climb mode and "go thru"
Agent # 703

scJazz

• Captain
Since LightGuard mentioned it, what needs to be set for the recruit option to work?  I know the prisoner gets an asterisk by their name when they are willing to consider it, but besides setting the flag with the GM options, can a prisoner randomly decide to defect with AtB?

A prisoner can not randomly decide to get Hired. If they are willing to defect as you mention you see the *. The decision to hire them is up to you.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
I’m trying to set up a new campaign in 0.43.9 and the mercenary contract payment options are not working the way I think they should.

I have a company of mechs, some vehicles, a dropship, and a jumpship.

As far as I can see, basing the contract payment on the TOE value, the dropship and jumpship percentages don’t add much if any value to the payments.

To verify this, I zeroed everything else and set Combat Percent to 0.1%. That yields a monthly payment around 50k.

I then increased Jumpship Percent and Dropship Percent to their max of 1%. I still have a monthly payment from contracts of around 50k.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? Or is this a bug?

2ndAcr

• Captain
 I know we are in a "freeze" but any plans to do a MUL update? Example:

Carrack (warship) intro date is 2603 for SLDF and House but currently it only shows up in 2950 Clan

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant

I have a company of mechs, some vehicles, a dropship, and a jumpship.

As far as I can see, basing the contract payment on the TOE value, the dropship and jumpship percentages don’t add much if any value to the payments.

Check your settings; there is an option in there to ignore large craft.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Check your settings; there is an option in there to ignore large craft.
The only setting I see related to excluding large craft is the one in the AtB settings for “Exclude large craft from share value”. Is there another one that I’m missing somewhere?

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
Hrmmm.....  No, you're not missing anything.

HOWEVER, I suspect that TOE value has to be a valid TOE.

Since you need a minimum of 3 units and maximum weight of 380 tons, they're getting ignored as not valid TOE units.

yukamichi

• Corporal
Or maybe BlueThing just didn't add them to the TOE?

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Or maybe BlueThing just didn't add them to the TOE?
I definitely added them to the TOE.

I had to turn off maintenance costs based on equipment value because the cost of supporting large craft is staggeringly more than the pay from ground troops.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
I’m playing around with this a bit more this morning. It looks like Straight Support will cover most of the large craft costs if it is 100%. Without that, you’ll never make ends meet, especially if you have to travel any distance or wait for a contract.

Since this looks like a bug, I created a bug on github:
https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/680

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I know we are in a "freeze" but any plans to do a MUL update? Example:

Carrack (warship) intro date is 2603 for SLDF and House but currently it only shows up in 2950 Clan

At some point, but right now Real Life work has me buried, and I'm only working very part-time on Megamek.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

2ndAcr

• Captain
Thanks Hammer.............RL comes first, no rush, was just curious. I was looking at the Clan Version and trying to figure out how to mod the thing to regular SLDF setup and not screw something up

BlueThing

• Sergeant
I’ve also been seeing Princess hang every few battles (about 3 times in about 15 battles) When it happens, her CPU usage will go to zero and I’ve let it sit for half an hour or so without her making a move. I’ve tried kicking and replacing her, but that doesn’t work. If I exit and restart from the auto save, all is good.

Can someone remind me of two things:

1) Which config file to increase memory available
2) How to enable logging for Princess

Other than that, this release looks really solid to me. I’ve mostly been cruising through battles.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
mekhq.l4j.ini and megamek.l4j.inifor the memory settings; although I've been having issues the past few days.  I set them to 2048, and I started getting the no start problem in another thread, which I've been able to correct by overwriting the game files with a new extraction from the .zip file.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
mekhq.l4j.ini and megamek.l4j.inifor the memory settings; although I've been having issues the past few days.  I set them to 2048, and I started getting the no start problem in another thread, which I've been able to correct by overwriting the game files with a new extraction from the .zip file.
I am having the same problem.  I tried increasing the memory in the ini files, but MekHQ would no longer start.

I tried resetting to the default value, but that did not fix the problem.  I also tried various EOL settings, but that also did not fix the problem.  I wound up reverting to the file from the .zip file as well.

Lack of memory seems to be a candidate for the problem I'm encountering, as I see this error in mekhqlog.txt:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
at megamek.client.bot.BotClient$1.gameTurnChange(BotClient.java:134)
at megamek.common.event.GameTurnChangeEvent.fireEvent(GameTurnChangeEvent.java:51)
at megamek.common.Game.processGameEvent(Game.java:3132)
at megamek.common.Game.setTurnIndex(Game.java:743)
at megamek.client.Client.changeTurnIndex(Client.java:564)
at megamek.client.Client.handlePacket(Client.java:1306)
at megamek.client.bot.princess.Princess.handlePacket(Princess.java:1594)
at megamek.client.Client$1$2.run(Client.java:220)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I'd really like to increase memory and see if that resolves my issue with Princess.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Could you post that save and log up on github (especially if it's recurring)?

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Could you post that save and log up on github (especially if it's recurring)?
It's the same log that you looked at here:
https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/682

This is a rare problem.  I've had it about 4 times in 30 battles now. 

If I kick and re-add a bot, Princess will continue hanging. 

If I close the client (I need to close both the MegaMek and MekHQ windows) and load the saved game, I have not seen the problem again in that game.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
Ok. How many bot-controlled units (and what kind) are we looking at, out of curiosity?

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Ok. How many bot-controlled units (and what kind) are we looking at, out of curiosity?
In the battle you have the log for, there were 4 units, all vehicles.  In case it is relevant at all, it was 2 Manticore, 1 Rhino, and 1 Behemoth.

I'm using AtB without doubling vehicles, so battles are 4 to 12 units per bot.

The only thing unusual about this battle is that I changed Pitch Black to be Dusk/Dawn because I wasn't in the mood to deal with the major negative modifiers.  Other than that, it was a small and generally non-notable battle.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
If MekHQ will let me save my campaign I have two items for the tracker.

1. One of my infantry field gunner units will not reload no matter how many times I feed it ammo.

2. In desperation to fix 1 I tried GM restoring unit and now MekHQ is stuck.  I can minimize and maximize the window but I can't change tabs or anything else.

I'll see about at least getting the log up.

Register