Author Topic: Joining the writing team/ writing freelance  (Read 1951 times)

boomboom517

• Recruit
  • Armour, Firepower and Will!
Joining the writing team/ writing freelance
« on: 21 January 2020, 08:43:49 »
How would one go about joining the writers team or submitting freelance stories for publishing?
What would you need to submit and who would you need to contact?
Thanks

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Joining the writing team/ writing freelance
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2020, 10:02:46 »
Strictly fiction? Or do you also mean sourcebook/game material? Do you have any published work?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2020, 12:47:36 »
Once the Shrapnel Magazine webpage is set up, there will be a way to submit stories and articles.

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

boomboom517

• Recruit
  • Armour, Firepower and Will!
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2020, 05:46:59 »
Reply to Adrian Gideon
I was referring to fiction but would also be interested in sourcebook/game material (I am currently working on a 19th century wargame I hope to publish in the future). I am particularly interested in the pre Hegemony period.
Reply to trboturtle
Thanks for the info on Shrapnel.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2020, 17:05:11 »
Reply to Adrian Gideon
I was referring to fiction but would also be interested in sourcebook/game material (I am currently working on a 19th century wargame I hope to publish in the future). I am particularly interested in the pre Hegemony period.

Pre-Hegemony meaning prior to 2315 or so? That's going to be tough sledding, honestly. BattleMechs are the stars of the show, so setting any sourcebook product--or even fiction product--in a time period 100+ years before they exist will be a tough sell. According to the MUL, there aren't even combat vehicles with an intro date before 2370, so you'd have the problem of needing to gin up a bunch of entirely new units that are destined to quickly be obsolete.

A short story could be viable, but you'll need a stellar pitch when the opportunity comes up. There's a good reason BT has not really explored this era in any major detail.

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile