Author Topic: CamoSpecs - GenCon Diorama 2019 - Sales!  (Read 8854 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
CamoSpecs - GenCon Diorama 2019 - Sales!
« on: 19 July 2019, 03:22:41 »
Folks,

An exciting announcement from the talented painters of CamoSpecs!

The artists at Camo Specs Online would like to announce a few things Battletech fans may or may not know about the CSO GenCon Dioramas.

The 2019 diorama is definitely happening and what many of you may not know, is that we often sell a great deal of the miniatures, terrain pieces and even the entire display board to attendees and the like at the end of the convention. This year we're being a bit more proactive and orderly about it as we feel it's something that we'd like to offer to anyone interested regardless of whether or not you can attend the convention.

We will post up pictures as well as any details (like the display board dimensions) after the start of GenCon on a few of the CBT FB pages with what is being offered and the asking prices. We'll work actively through the process on a first come-first serve basis so those that aren't there in person are given a fair chance. In all likelihood we'll use a dedicated email address (to be provided later) so that we don't have to chase when a PM or reply was made to be as fair on the offerings.

Our attending CSO artists look forward to meeting as many of you and hopefully sending you home with something you really enjoy.

Standby for further announcements!

Please feel free to comment below - questions can be asked, but it'll depend on the free time of the artists as to how quickly we can get answers.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: CamoSpecs - GenCon Diorama 2019 - Sales!
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2019, 09:35:49 »
So . . . IMO, the biggest question for folks not present will be- are pictures going to be posted by folks working GenCon as soon as the Con opens?  B/c the first place I usually see pictures is from later that night or at earliest in the evening when someone takes pity on those not present.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2019, 12:27:42 »
All things going as planned, I'll get pics Wed night of the Con, and have them posted to the CSO Facebook page with prices by Thurs morning when we open up the available items to everyone.

Ryan

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2019, 12:34:47 »
For the next three weeks, Ryan is going to wake each night in a cold sweat, having pictured this happening just outside the CSO table:

« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 12:39:00 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2019, 12:40:56 »
What does state-side shipping for the average mini work out as?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2019, 17:22:39 »
What does state-side shipping for the average mini work out as?

I only ever ship Priority mail insured. The less time the USPS is in possession of painted miniatures, the better.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2019, 10:54:20 »
I can agree with that, thanks for letting me know so I can look up what it would run to factor into the price of minis- we going to get any sort of provenance for 35th Anniversary GenCon diorama?
Colt Ward

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2019, 23:45:27 »
This would have had a better chance at my money had there not been a certain Kickstarter going on right now.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2019, 20:44:39 »
We totally get that there are lots of folks laying out cash for the KS. It's not a big deal as if they don't sell, they'll either be sold later or go back to the artists.

This is just an opportunity to purchase CSO minis that wasn't widely known.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2019, 19:11:10 »
Will people need to go through the forthcoming email if they are there in person? Also, what is the average price for mechs, scenery, etc?

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2019, 16:14:44 »
No, but if you're present at the Con and not there when the sale officially opens, you can send an email and still try to get what you're looking for.

Prices will be around $40 and up, we're still getting that sorted by the artists. I'll get another announcement up in a day or two to inform folks of the email address, the time the items will be officially up for sale with their associated prices.

Keep in mind the galleries and prices will be on Facebook only due to the ease of uploading and updating.

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2019, 17:17:13 »
No, but if you're present at the Con and not there when the sale officially opens, you can send an email and still try to get what you're looking for.

Prices will be around $40 and up, we're still getting that sorted by the artists. I'll get another announcement up in a day or two to inform folks of the email address, the time the items will be officially up for sale with their associated prices.

Keep in mind the galleries and prices will be on Facebook only due to the ease of uploading and updating.
Thanks for the update on everything. I look forward to seeing the set up at Gen Con.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2019, 23:40:34 »
Does the $40 estimate include shipping?
Colt Ward

cypher226

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2019, 13:22:57 »
Slightly OT - I'm interested, but what I'd really like to see is more, better pictures of the diorama - more angles, more wide shots showing the whole thing.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2019, 09:56:30 »
I hate face book, but it's all we have camospec wise...
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2019, 21:30:26 »
Hey folks we’re almost ready to hit the road for GenCon. Here’s an update on the CSO miniature sales and process. We’ll post this again shortly before the sales start as a reminder and possibly with some minor edits.

We will try to be as fair and diplomatic about as much as we can for folks both attending and not attending. Please be respectful of the fact that the decision to open sales up to non-attendees was intended to benefit all the Battletech fans out there but it’s not a guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase what you’re interested in.

--In-person and email sales will start at 1200 local time (EDT) on Thursday, August 1st
--Nothing will be sold before 1200 Thursday
--The diorama usually gets packed up by late Sunday morning, so don’t wait until the last day
--Requests for purchasing miniatures will only be accepted via email to camospecsonline@gmail.com (no PMs, text messages, Messenger requests etc) This is to keep FB pages from getting out of hand and centralize non-attendee requests.
--Pictures of the miniatures and terrain board along with prices should be up on the CSO Facebook page by Wednesday evening but no later than 1100 Thursday before the sale.
--Priority will be given to whole unit/lot purchases if multiple simultaneous inquiries are received
--Cash or PayPal are the only forms of payment accepted
--Paypal email address is raptor9817@aol.com
--Shipping costs are not included in the listed prices
--B1BFlyer A.K.A. Ryan Peterson will be the primary contact for sales and will do his best to be available, but keep in mind his job at the Con is not to sit at the diorama and check his email every 7 seconds.

Thanks,
The CSO Team

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #16 on: 31 July 2019, 12:29:34 »
Can you tell us what shipping costs typically are?  Could someone attending pick it up for someone not attending?
Colt Ward

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 31 July 2019, 20:02:52 »
Where, physically, is the diorama? I’m at GenCon and would like to take a look on Thursday.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 01 August 2019, 07:46:13 »
I can agree with that, thanks for letting me know so I can look up what it would run to factor into the price of minis- we going to get any sort of provenance for 35th Anniversary GenCon diorama?
Wow that profile pic takes me back.
Was a bomber phase crew chief on the B-1B out of dyess afb in the late 90's.
Biggest piece of junk I ever worked on LOL.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #19 on: 01 August 2019, 09:53:23 »
Pictures not up yet?
Colt Ward

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #21 on: 01 August 2019, 12:37:19 »
You know, I'm just looking at that red and gold paint scheme and thinking how much a Black Knight would look like Iron Man in those colors.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #22 on: 01 August 2019, 13:24:51 »
Glorious board!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 01 August 2019, 13:45:33 »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #24 on: 01 August 2019, 14:27:25 »
7 mechs are left by my count- but most of the Wolf forces are gone.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #25 on: 01 August 2019, 14:29:01 »
"there might be a cash crunch this year"
"never mind we already sold out"  ;D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #26 on: 01 August 2019, 16:57:45 »
I like the landscape with Millienum Falcons messed together into building.
I like the Republican forces used oilve green like the old SLDF.
NICE JOB!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Nips

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 02 August 2019, 14:11:34 »
Ditto on that terrain job, and kudos on all those fantastic paint jobs!  I'm glad to hear it got liquidated in pretty short order.
Proud Paper-Pusher of the Oosik Irregulars

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #28 on: 02 August 2019, 14:24:23 »
Are we getting a e-mail or any other notification if we were the one that ended up buying the mini?
Colt Ward

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 02 August 2019, 16:32:28 »
I like the landscape with Millienum Falcons messed together into building.

I see Snow Speeder parts on top.. The triangle-ish parts on top where the two halves of the Millennium Falcon come together...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #30 on: 03 August 2019, 11:01:05 »
Are we getting a e-mail or any other notification if we were the one that ended up buying the mini?

I would like to know how we are informed we won, if I did I want to go ahead and pay so that I can avoid any problems for the group tomorrow.
Colt Ward

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 06 August 2019, 13:43:18 »
Thank you to everyone that made it out in person or contacted me via email to buy the items for sale. I wish we would have been able to accommodate everyone's purchase requests and had more minis for sale to meet the demand.

Hopefully next year will be even better.

Cheers,
CSO Team

Register