Author Topic: TMM table?  (Read 2186 times)

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
TMM table?
« on: 12 July 2019, 10:39:00 »
I've been looking at the new Commanders Edition of Alpha Strike, but for the life of me, I cant seem to locate the target movement modifiers listing? (ie what is the modifier based on their movement?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: TMM table?
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2019, 10:41:38 »
TMM in Alpha Strike is fixed. you can find it on the card in the top data block

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2019, 10:46:33 »
TMM in Alpha Strike is fixed. you can find it on the card in the top data block

The previous version of Alpha Strike recalculated TMM based on available movement.  That changed in the Commander's Edition.  Now, TMM is mostly fixed, with modification based on the following exceptions (not necessarily a full list):

- MP hit critcal hit result (half, round normally)
- the second point of heat on the scale (-1)
- JMPW# and JMPS#, which describe how to modify TMM for jumping if the jumping movement would have had a different base TMM under the previous edition.
- motive damage for vehicles
« Last Edit: 12 July 2019, 11:05:15 by Scotty »
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2019, 10:50:01 »
Yeah, but now it appears, critical Hits that affect MP will reduce TMM a fixed amount:

Page 50: Critical Hits:

MP HIT: Something related to the unit's ability to move has been damaged. The affected unit loses half of its current Move and TMM, rounding normally (to a minimum Move loss of 2 inches and a TMM loss of 1). If a unit is reduced to a Move of 0 inches (or less) in this fashion, the unit is immoble
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2019, 11:00:38 »
Ahh ok, I see it, and have all the sheets on the mul site been modified to reflect that?

Also how do we generate our own TMM for custom sheets?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2019, 11:10:21 »
The conversion rules in the Companion (plus errata) are still accurate.  If you don't have that available, the TMM for any given movement value is the same for all units with that MV, so a quick reference to another card can do the deed.

If *that* is unavailable to you, then here (I'm only including even numbers, even though the table technically breaks on odd numbers, because this is a conversion question and odd numbers aren't possible during conversion):

6" - 8" = +1
10" - 12" = +2
14" - 18" = +3
20" - ???? = +4
Technically possible but I'll be damned if I know if off the top of my head: +5
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2019, 11:19:05 »
Yeah, I think looking at standard BT movement profiles, It actually makes sense, I've squized over the companion from a mate, and if you use standard BT movement, its based off their walk speeds.

Thanks for that!

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2019, 13:22:09 »
What does "round normally" mean with 0.5?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2019, 13:29:56 »
Up.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2019, 13:46:01 »
What does "round normally" mean with 0.5?
0.1 - 0.4 becomes 0, 0.5 - 0.9 becomes 1

There are basically 3 types of Rounding: Round UP, Round Down, Round Normal

Round Up, any decimals will always become the next higher number. i.e 3.1, 4.5, 7.8 become: 4, 5, and 8 respectively.

Round Down, any decimals go to the next lower number, so 3.1, 4.5, 7.8 become: 3, 4, and 7 respectively

And of course, Round Normal: 3.1, 4.5, 7.8 become: 3, 5, and 8 respectively
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2019, 05:12:00 »
Round normally has several different meanings. If you want to keep it simple, 5s always round up. Normally you look at the number in front of it and round to the even number (4.5 rounds to 4 and 5.5 rounds to 6). Most people learned the former in high school. The later is what is used with engineering and scientific work.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2019, 07:10:28 »
Actually thats something I had serious questions about, as all the rules in the conversion section of the companion said to round up across the board.

Thunder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2019, 07:33:36 »
Not all.  Base damage is rounded up, but special ability damage is rounded normally.  Things like that.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2019, 08:01:24 »
For example, a unit with two LB-10-Xs and nothing else.
.63 damage each, for 1.26 damage.
It's base damage S/M/L would round up, to 2/2/2.
It's FLK special ability damage would round normal to 1/1/1.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register