Author Topic: Deimos pics?  (Read 4414 times)

jayhawk

• Sergeant
Deimos pics?
« on: 07 September 2011, 12:11:38 »
Anybody have pics yet of the new-and-improved Deimos?
Major T.J. "King" Kong:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I 'aint much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat.

tBanzai

• Private
Re: Deimos pics?
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2011, 12:48:09 »
I'm interested in seeing some pictures, too.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2011, 17:45:15 »
Is it supposed to be different from the Limited Edition that was sold at the conventions?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2011, 18:31:19 »
With due respect, the mini I saw before could use some new-and-improved - nothing wrong with the base shape, just it needed (IMHO) a lot more detailing. Good to hear if it's getting it!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Garet Jax

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2011, 18:57:25 »
I think they pulled it back earlier to add some detail to it. But I am stopping by there tomorrow on my way to work so I will ask Gordon.

"Thanks." Kai smiled. "So what kind of planet did you give Katherine? A gas giant?"
"Would have been a nice choice. Maybe next year." Victor shook his head. "Nope, it was a lifeless little ball; cold, hard, and ugly to the core. Reminded me of her. Hope she likes it."

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2011, 19:04:36 »
It needed some modifications to height, arm positioning, shoulder size, the cockpit area, the feet, etc.  Uncertain if my suggestions were implemented as I have not heard back from IWM yet. The original was way too large and I believe the resculpt is still too big but hard to judge from the pictures.

Rob

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2011, 20:31:11 »
Maybe IWM needs to open an N-scale line, with the 2nd sculpt Blood Asp and 1st sculpt Deimos in it?  :)
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jayhawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2011, 07:37:45 »
Maybe IWM needs to open an N-scale line, with the 2nd sculpt Blood Asp and 1st sculpt Deimos in it?  :)

.....or.... just start selling clicky-bases in the IWM store?
Major T.J. "King" Kong:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I 'aint much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat.

Garet Jax

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2011, 08:21:53 »

Neg...but resins might not be too far off perhaps.

"Thanks." Kai smiled. "So what kind of planet did you give Katherine? A gas giant?"
"Would have been a nice choice. Maybe next year." Victor shook his head. "Nope, it was a lifeless little ball; cold, hard, and ugly to the core. Reminded me of her. Hope she likes it."

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2011, 18:14:58 »

Would beat T&T's shipping costs  :-\

tBanzai

• Private
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2011, 10:39:00 »
It's on the store now, still no pics.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: 16 November 2011, 17:27:40 »
Bump 4 pics!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2011, 16:56:29 »
They haven't been released yet.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2011, 10:55:08 »
Huh...I saw it up on IWM's site as a November release. Are they just behind on shipping?

Curious to see what they changed on the mini. 

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2011, 18:29:01 »
minis tend to come out at the end of the month, so i'm guessing the pictures won't be out till around then
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Register