Author Topic: tales from the battlefield rouge tech  (Read 7891 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: tales from the battlefield rogue tech
« Reply #30 on: 27 March 2021, 15:58:55 »
ok today gods of the electronic dice had been uncommonly kind to me
as i am traveling along the steiners periphery to get to pentagon worlds i decided to stop and take a 5 skull mission
no problem mix of medium to heavies mostly clan 2 lances and finally got gnats and crawlers up to full strength
drop no issues waited 2 rounds enemy still not in sight comm burst telling me another drop ship is on the way unknown blah blah blah skipped a turn again and again. now i am on 11th round no enemy in sight...decided to move toward one of the 3 hills put a mech on top bam a see field burning and mechs going at it.backed up just into the edge of sensor range static burst telling me to stay the hell out of this one or be fired on. another comm burst complants about the wrong intel  and lying on the contract. so i waited till round 22 one mech left ...well what got pounded by lrm gauss ac/10  and mine field? that poor poor zeus...
end report no damage just empty ammo less than 4k. and almost 7 mill in c bills ;D

now next mission ...i fully expect it to be full of death...mostly mine...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
Re: tales from the battlefield rouge tech
« Reply #31 on: 28 March 2021, 20:36:56 »
tad busy done with the stuff i had to put up with...
allright 4 skull mission destroy smuggler base
dropped about 3 round walk into range of the base spoiling for tough battle
well ...digital dice gods were generous
arty strike 2 of them right on top of the smugglers base and lance that was still in between buildings gone all 3 tanks from lance gone
mission complete
not one shot fired not even nicked paint job 2.9 c bills
i think i should be scared and afraid the game is too kind...it will demand blood sacrifice o just know it
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 01 April 2021, 14:56:18 »
ok 5 skull mission assassinate a spy at 4 mill c bills
2 lances one crawler...bad lands
dropped fine no problems cleared out lance of assault lance mechs fine in 6 rounds ...2 rounds of looking around for the target find it happy it is a first stone rihno i had seen. patience worn thin after pounding on it for 19 rounds! at the end not one part salvaged of that %^#^#@^^$!!! but got at least 2 parts of other mechs...

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 02 April 2021, 23:45:53 »
decided to make a stop to make some scratch...5 skull duel
3 mill  c bills
took an ebony hag down vs macke barely made it damn thing had so many bolt on rockets that you could not hit the mech with anything
at the end mt mech was playing strip tease after each hit from those rockets. finally was able to knock mackie down and pound its core to dust

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 14 April 2021, 10:04:58 »
took few days break...stll only 1/3 of a way to pentagon worlds
battle bad lands mission 5 skulls payout 3.2 c bills
drop 2 lances with 2 crawlers
normal drop nothing for 2 rounds 3 round boom nuke drop almost got me woods are burning and lance of 5 mechs show up all medium and in that lance toads.
dealt with no damage...now reinforcements show up by twos thanks to drop ships coming in hot. total wave of 4 dropships no problem save for the 4th ship lance of 3 all assaults....2 king crabs and atlas mk III
victory! all out of missees some damage to jumpjets and heat sinks minor about 600k in bills and after costs i still end up with about 2.3 mill in c bills
now after salvage i was able to get atlas mkIII and parts for king crabs and amazingly a last part to mad kat/timberwolf mkI
JOY of JOYS!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 20 April 2021, 22:34:49 »
allrighty still in kurita space on the edges trying to get to pentagon worlds...
almost 60 mill in c  every one is healthy and mechs are 100%
decided to take 5 skull mission assasination for 2 mill in c bills
2 lance drop no prob right behind the target and the 2 enemy lances that were to protect teh target are at the other end of the board target is not facing me guess who got ppc enema laser enema with sprinkles of srms and lrms?
1 round target dead drop point formed almost on top of my lances 2 nd round evacuated costs are only for srms and lrm that came to less than 5k in c bills ended up with a little over 2 mill in c bills plus 2 parts of a very nasty marauder cII and gauss rifle and ammo

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 24 April 2021, 22:47:22 »
k newest update to RT client now lets you purchase missing parts to you carwlers gnats and stompees
it seems to work by the planet and level of tech
not sure i like it or hate it

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 26 April 2021, 15:04:36 »
today i saw something amazing! i had played vanilla game through 3 play throughs and been now hacking at rt for 6 months give or take and never saw AI jump.
and today for first time i saw a AI mech do a jump! it was a black knight!
AI actually JUMPED!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 03 May 2021, 15:44:27 »
allright from where i am at now it will take over 200days to travel to pentagon worlds and 1.9 mill in c bills in maintanance costs...i made about 70 mill in c bills...i figure if i make another 10 mill in c bills ill take that final plunge into the deep and reach the clan home worlds

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 26 May 2021, 21:58:58 »
allrighty tomorrow is the day i have time to play and start toward pentagon worlds!
cant wait to have my butt kicked....ohhh and some one made a catapult LAM in there lol got 2 parts

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 07 June 2021, 12:30:58 »
damn it cost me 8 mill to find that i took wrong fork to get to pentagon worlds

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 14 June 2021, 11:28:58 »
I MADE IT TO PENTAGON WORLDS
at 12 mill in c bills travel costs and time 05 10 months made landfall on babylon

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 18 June 2021, 20:32:02 »
babylon first mission finally got some time to mess with
golaiath scorpion 5 skulls no pentagon world has less than 4.5 skull missions
protect a lance so it can reach LZ easiest mission ever drop zone on top of the hill covered with heavy woods right behind enemy line all mechs are facing away from me leaving their backsides open 3 lances...all so defensleess and with trousers down around their ankles 3 rounds mission done no hits on me light damage to my charges over 3 mull in c bills minus 4k for ammo and coolant

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 26 May 2022, 15:06:19 »
ok got busy and neglected the fame to a point where my save did not work due to update
ok so started new game over the weekend and found out the hard way by not reading updates that toads aka power armor is nasty...
a simple 1 skull mission turned into slaughter...mine
my lance 2 wasps 1 pheonix hawk and black jack with two crawlers
enemy lance 2 crawlers and a flea...along with a power armor squad...
3 rounds in i took out the enemy lance but the armor...
9 rounds later i have 1 mech left heayly damaged the phoenix hawk and armor squad finally stomped to the ground...how?
one of newest additions was armor can climb your mech and glomp you to death...and hurt your pilots while at it...

lesson one do not try to stomp the power armor...lesson 2 they will not let go till your mech or pilot is dead lesson three as they are hugging your mech with love you cant shoot them off or shake them off unless you eject

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 27 May 2022, 16:38:58 »
ok 7 days in and new update again made my saves unplayable started new game and would you not know it i started in such deep periehery as my starting point i will not reach habitable system for at least 9 months!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 14 June 2022, 20:39:38 »
took me 7 months to make it into a clan space barely made it with only 600k to spare
got contract from clan wolf to kick jade falcons ass...just found out that LAMs seem to have a almost 90% melee accuracy rate