Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels season four  (Read 14753 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Star Wars Rebels season four
« Reply #60 on: 21 February 2018, 13:45:49 »
Which is why I said remove not kill.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #61 on: 26 February 2018, 22:15:58 »
 :o

Well, that's one question answered...and a whole bunch raised...

And I'm wondering about that new character introed tonight...don't think we caught a name, but he looked somewhat familiar...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #62 on: 26 February 2018, 23:55:58 »
And now we wait for Rebels Recon to be posted.
I have spoken.

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #63 on: 27 February 2018, 07:30:34 »
:o

And I'm wondering about that new character introed tonight...don't think we caught a name, but he looked somewhat familiar...

Ruger

Are you talking about the Emperors minister? I heard a name but cant figure it out...
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #64 on: 27 February 2018, 08:30:15 »

The episode guide says he was originally supposed to be Vader's attendant Vanee' from Rogue One, but changing needs of the story made it easier for him to become the unrelated character Minister Veris Hydan.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2018, 08:31:51 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #65 on: 27 February 2018, 19:54:03 »
The episode guide says he was originally supposed to be Vader's attendant Vanee' from Rogue One, but changing needs of the story made it easier for him to become the unrelated character Minister Veris Hydan.

Yeah, now that I think about it more, he looks similar to one of the ones that attended the Emperor on the Death Star II...but no mention was made of that in his Wookiepedia entry...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 27 February 2018, 21:02:51 »
I'll be honest, I felt Rebels was at its best when the story bumped up against the Rebellion and wasn't nearly as strong when it bumped up against Jedi/The Force.  Last night would have been intriguing if it weren't the penultimate episode pairing and instead was the finale of the penultimate season.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 28 February 2018, 16:55:57 »
Mortis arc SUCKED. It wasn't the worst of The Clone Wars, but that only says something about how generally awful TCW could sink. To see it referenced... hurt me.

It took the metaphysical ideals of the Force and made them physical as actual, boring, and killable gods; it took the prophecy of the Chosen One (with its twist of 'bringing balance to the Force' meaning he kills both sides) and urinates all over the only halfway clever idea to come out of the prequels; and what's more it ends with a "It was all a dream... OR WAS IT!?" straight from the worst movies of the 1950s.

I was totally unsurprised to hear Pablo Hidalgo mention in Rebels Recon that it was Lucas's idea to put the Mortis arc into The Clone Wars, it had his prints all over it.

I won't lie, I actually rolled my eyes and said, "WHAT?!" when I saw that wall painting. After all the work the crew has done to lay out a subtle, nuanced notion of the Force, to see one of the most boneheaded TCW episodes reference...

But other than that, it was a good episode, and I am looking forward to the next one. Always nice to see Palpatine, he's just enjoying himself so much. I can't say that I liked Ahsoka living, but I don't have a hate for the idea either. Some great quips, and that moment when you saw Kanan's ghost touching Hera's shoulder...

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #68 on: 05 March 2018, 22:01:14 »
Well, now we know who survived and who didn't...at least for the most part. Not sure I liked all of what they did, but it does set it up for another series...

Ruger

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 05 March 2018, 22:25:37 »
I liked that Rex had his helmet from Endor on :)

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 05 March 2018, 22:31:15 »
Still hate the New Canon with a passion but this was a good finale; I am Happy that HE and His fleet still survived and that we might see them again-
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #71 on: 05 March 2018, 23:35:29 »
As Tim Zahn wrote in Heir to the Empire: had Thrawn been at Endor, the Empire would have won.

He had to go.

And Luke had to be the last hope for the Jedi - "No. There is another"   ;)

I want to see Ahsoka in one of our upcoming films!
I have spoken.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #72 on: 06 March 2018, 01:18:04 »
I think what disturbs me the most is that humans and Twi'leks can interbreed.  It actually hurts my head a little.

But name dropping Pellaeon was interesting as well.

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 06 March 2018, 07:26:09 »
What I find hard to believe is that the Empire never even tried to take Lothal back.  It was years between the finale here and the epilogue.  Especially with the person involvement of the Emperor, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't make sure to take the planet back...Or just obliterate it.

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #74 on: 06 March 2018, 07:51:31 »
I would say It was one of the objectives for DS 1. It's just because a farmboy helped a disgruntled employee stop it that the planet still exist.  8)

hoosierhick

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: 06 March 2018, 08:20:18 »
I liked that Rex had his helmet from Endor on :)

You mean the helmet he's going to wear at Endor.   ;D

Did they say how Hera made it off Lothal to be on the Ghost?

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 06 March 2018, 08:25:51 »
They just mentioned it was hard, but not how it was accomplished.

hoosierhick

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 06 March 2018, 10:22:05 »
Did anyone have closed captioning on and see how they spelled the name of Hera's kid?  I didn't,  but I've seen several mentions of "Jacen".

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: 06 March 2018, 10:33:26 »
That's how I saw it spelled on the closed captioning but the CC tends to not be accurate all the time.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #79 on: 06 March 2018, 17:46:59 »
Did anyone have closed captioning on and see how they spelled the name of Hera's kid?  I didn't,  but I've seen several mentions of "Jacen".

That's how the Wookiepedia file has it, and I think I saw it from Filoni as well...it was supposed to be a tribute to Jacen Solo from Legends...

Speaking of which, he also confirmed that he was the voice of Chopper, and that both of the questionable survivals did survive their trip...

With all the possibilities that such survival entails...  ;D

Ruger

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 06 March 2018, 18:31:15 »
That's how I saw it spelled on the closed captioning but the CC tends to not be accurate all the time.
Star Wars tweeted immediately after something like, "it is spelled just like you think."

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 06 March 2018, 18:44:05 »
With all the possibilities that such survival entails... 

And two upcoming movie trilogies set in previously unseen parts of the galaxy...    ;)
I have spoken.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #82 on: 07 March 2018, 01:30:59 »
I think what disturbs me the most is that humans and Twi'leks can interbreed.  It actually hurts my head a little.

That was already confirmed in Clone Wars, which IIRC also had half-human, half-Zabrak characters as well.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2018, 01:32:51 by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire »
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #83 on: 07 March 2018, 05:16:15 »
That was already confirmed in Clone Wars, which IIRC also had half-human, half-Zabrak characters as well.

Even the old EU had hybrids...such as a half-human / half-bothan Jedi...

Ruger

snewsom2997

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 07 March 2018, 11:41:57 »
What I find hard to believe is that the Empire never even tried to take Lothal back.  It was years between the finale here and the epilogue.  Especially with the person involvement of the Emperor, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't make sure to take the planet back...Or just obliterate it.

With the Jedi Temple destroyed, he may have had no reason to go back to Lothal.

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 07 March 2018, 12:05:48 »
With the Jedi Temple destroyed, he may have had no reason to go back to Lothal.

They liberated themselves and are no longer bowing to him.  Palpatine never seemed to be the sort that would allow slights like this to go unpunished.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #86 on: 07 March 2018, 12:39:43 »
They liberated themselves and are no longer bowing to him.  Palpatine never seemed to be the sort that would allow slights like this to go unpunished.

As was already stated before, he probably intended to go back but with the destruction of the DS1 it most likely stopped being a huge priority.  Ships that could have been used to bombard the planet were instead needed to combat the Rebels in other systems.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: 07 March 2018, 15:19:27 »
With how much on the back foot the Rebel Alliance was, I find that hard to believe.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 07 March 2018, 15:31:25 »
Was it ever mentioned how much time there was between Rebels and Rogue One/Ep IV?
At one point I figured Rebels S1 was maybe 3 years or so before that point.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #89 on: 07 March 2018, 15:37:01 »
With how much on the back foot the Rebel Alliance was, I find that hard to believe.

Part of the reason was that much of the Alliance was buying into the idea that the Empire's military might was unbeatable.  Seeing them get beaten on Lothal would have greatly emboldened Rebel cells on other planets and encouraged them to rise up and start fighting.  Plus, the Empire had just lost one of its most skilled admirals.

Register