Author Topic: Smash Bros announced for Switch  (Read 1430 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Smash Bros announced for Switch
« on: 08 March 2018, 18:12:57 »

The Nintendo Direct video today did a very splashy (see what I did there?) reveal and promised it'll be out in 2018. Color me intrigued. Also a bunch of ports including Crash Bandicoot, Undertale, and a new Dark Souls Amiibo:

Praise The Sun!
« Last Edit: 08 March 2018, 18:14:30 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

StoneRhino

• Captain
Re: Smash Bros announced for Switch
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2018, 18:18:32 »
Its nintendo, of course they are going to put out a new version of their old games. Its almost as though nintendo has decided that they will create a new system before they put out another sequel to their go to games.

Other then to get the latest version of what I was playing back in 1988, does the Switch have any exclusives that are 3rd party? I haven't kept up on any of the new consoles, but I keep seeing posts about people loving the Switch.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2018, 00:34:51 »
bayonetta 3 is gonna be console exclusive to nintendo, because they ponied up the dough to develop it in the first place. in general though, "console exclusive" is a dead concept, as you really need to tap multiple platforms to get your profit margins- note almost every single "exclusive" xbox and playstation have now either release on, or started on PC.

I have a decent gaming rig, and honestly i've never seen much reason to get any console but nintendo as a result. i get to play the games with mods and a better ability to controll what kind of people i end up playing with online.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2018, 15:58:59 »
They better bring back story mode because Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros Brawl was a blast.  I'm so hyped for the next Installment

Recklessfireball1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2018, 18:20:22 »
Don't really care.  I never liked any of them.  My sister and nephew were mad for Crash Bandicoot, though.  ;D

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2018, 00:46:22 »
I still wish they'd license Vectorman for it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2018, 07:04:37 »
I still wish they'd license Vectorman for it.

I wish anything at all would be done with vectorman, frankly. Sadly, very few of the videogame companies from that time survived....well, the whole "computers taking over" thing.  #P
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2018, 12:34:50 »
I wish anything at all would be done with vectorman, frankly. Sadly, very few of the videogame companies from that time survived....well, the whole "computers taking over" thing.  #P

Yeah, there were plans for a third game in the series on PS2 but it was canceled.  I just think that he's a natural fit for Smash Bros and would offer unique gameplay options.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2018, 13:21:05 »
I just hope the Ice Climbers make the roster. (The only characters I don't completely suck at. :D)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2018, 13:25:16 »
I just hope the Ice Climbers make the roster. (The only characters I don't completely suck at. :D)

they were excluded in Smash 4 because of the technical limitations of the 3DS.

i've tried every installment since the original and have been left wanting. i'll try a demo if they put one out but right now i'm leaning 'no' to any future installments

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?