Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!  (Read 186144 times)

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!
« Reply #60 on: 09 July 2016, 09:22:29 »
Battlemaster, Phonies Hawk, Wolverine, Wasp in the tro plus the new Marauder mini painted up and the 3d model. Which really needs it's own release just like the warhammer.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #61 on: 09 July 2016, 09:39:13 »
plus the new Marauder mini painted up and the 3d model.
I want to say the nuSeen Locust mini is in the "Samurai and Ronin" section a few times as well, but I am suspicious of the image. I think they, or the colors at least, are CGI. Tough to tell with the size of the image, but there is a repeat in the exact same pose and angle. The nuSeen Marauders in that section look like CGI as well, except for the SoL Marauder that Dave Fanjoy painted.

[edit: Not intending the CGI comments as a complaint, just observations. And the more I look the more I see other paint schemes appear photoshopped.  :D ]
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 10:54:55 by Cache »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 09 July 2016, 11:05:59 »
Whaat?

Another stealth release?

BRB, buying...

EDIT Or not. DriveThru doesn't accept my Visa Electron for some reason... I recall having that problem before but then i actually managed to fix it. Now? No luck.

EDIT Does DriveThru's PayPal option allow for guest-checkouts? I don't have PayPal account nor do i intend to make one but i can use guest checkout, if available.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 11:23:15 by Empyrus »

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #63 on: 09 July 2016, 11:29:36 »
Whaat?

Another stealth release?

BRB, buying...

EDIT Or not. DriveThru doesn't accept my Visa Electron for some reason... I recall having that problem before but then i actually managed to fix it. Now? No luck.

Seems to be a problem with drive thru because it will not take my card either and I tried a second one to be sure.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #64 on: 09 July 2016, 11:32:00 »
It could be that their server is just too busy.  I had a similar problem when Campaign Ops came out, but it was working the next morning.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 09 July 2016, 11:40:47 »
Oh, i see. Well, i'll wait till tomorrow then, i got other stuff to do anyway, like finish reading 1st Succession War.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #66 on: 09 July 2016, 13:50:11 »
Looks like another big release came out today also.

My poor poor wallet.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #67 on: 09 July 2016, 14:04:57 »
Those sneaky little so-and-sos, they thought they could sneak a newly-minted and GORGEOUS Classics Marauder mini without us noticing? Preparing to bate my breath again... O0

And because I've done this for the rest of them, and nobody's thrown rotten fruit at me for doing so, here are the differences between a PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk and a Northrom/Shinnakasu Heavy Industries VF-1S Valkrie with FAST Pack adaption (the "Super Valkyrie"):

This one definitely, and understandably, is a major departure from the source material, as this is the crown jewel of they who shall not be named's adaptation of a Japanese anime.

1. The FAST Packs/jump jets have been completely redesigned. The upper portion (which in the original housed micro-missile launchers), has been made concave and shortened. From the front angle it's hard to get a good look at the profile of the packs, but I can assume that given what can be seen, they've been considerably slimmed down from the bulky space thrusters seen in Macross. Almost certainly (though this is speculation until a rear view is available) the "backpack" section (which stowed the empennage while in Battroid and GERWALK modes) has been deleted as well.

2. The head has undergone a complete redesign, including making the head more angular, extending the cockpit glazing further up the head (as opposed to the "knight's visor" camera eye on the VF-1S, this also has the added effect of giving some design continuity with the Project Phoenix P-Hawk which features a large glazed cockpit). The four antennae on the head have been retained as a "tip o' the hat" to the Valkyrie's head lasers.

3. The shoulders are considerably different in shape and profile, and include small armor tags on the lower outboard edges.

4. The arms are also redone, with the hands (much like on the Wasp) being integral to the forearm as opposed to the Valkyrie's arrangement (meant to retract into the forearm when transforming). The FAST Pack armor on the forearms (originally housing micro-missile launchers) have been recast into more recognizable machine gun or laser housings.

5. The hand-held Gatling cannon of the original is no more, replaced with what looks to be a hand-held laser cannon which bears no similarity to the original source.

6. The body bears only the vague shaping lines of the Valkyrie. Much of the aircraft-specific styling has been completely done away (for instance the air brake aft of the cockpit and the dorsal forward air intakes) with and the body itself has been made much more angular. The cockpit area has been deleted, and the nosecone turned into a more hip-like affair, including having a torus/"donut"-style ring just above the leg-torso connection.

7. The legs have been made angular, rather than the round, aerodynamic styling of the Valkyrie. The air scoops have a vestigial callback at the very top of the leg (now most likely serving as a heat sink). The FAST Pack fuel tanks on the legs are omitted completely, as are the ventral fins on the legs. The only major similarity between the Phoenix Hawk and the Valkyrie in this area is in the A-frame feet.

All in all, another stunning success at a redesign. Now then -- I ask you: When will we get minis?

Also: Given that in the mini-TRO, they mentioned that the P-Hawk was based on the Stinger chassis, does this giv us a clue to the likely appearance of the Stinger?
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 14:37:28 by Pat Payne »

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #68 on: 09 July 2016, 15:14:04 »
Also: Given that in the mini-TRO, they mentioned that the P-Hawk was based on the Stinger chassis, does this giv us a clue to the likely appearance of the Stinger?

Hopefully, or a lot of the neat connections in the fluff will be lost.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #69 on: 09 July 2016, 16:36:00 »
Interesting little tidbits throughout.

*A detailed explanation of just how Duke Ricol fit into the combine.
*The Amphigean LAGs really are mercenaries!
*The Ryuken were once nine regiments strong. Very briefly.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #70 on: 09 July 2016, 17:03:07 »
Thank you for posting this, Cache!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 09 July 2016, 17:15:40 »

Oh, What a day!

What a LOVELY day!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 09 July 2016, 17:23:18 »
Interesting little tidbits throughout.

*A detailed explanation of just how Duke Ricol fit into the combine.
*The Ryuken were once nine regiments strong. Very briefly.

I'm guessing "very briefly" encompasses the amount of time stretching from the moment they arrived in-system for Misery, until the end of the first day of fighting. O0
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 09 July 2016, 17:40:36 »
Also digging the panther variant.

I'm guessing "very briefly" encompasses the amount of time stretching from the moment they arrived in-system for Misery, until the end of the first day of fighting. O0

Didn't even make it that far, actually. Four of those regiments were destroyed by the Dragoons just in the fighting leading up to Misery.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #74 on: 09 July 2016, 17:52:50 »
I know what MegaMek Icon I'll be drawing next...
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #75 on: 09 July 2016, 18:30:08 »
Also digging the panther variant.

Now if only we could get TW stats for it...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 09 July 2016, 18:40:31 »
You can recreate the 9ALAG easily by removing the jumpjets and just upping the engine by one movement point. Everything fits fine.

Though an official record sheet would be nice.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #77 on: 09 July 2016, 20:17:45 »
In case anyone is keeping track, that's a core rulebook and a combat manual laid out and published in the span of a week.

Hey, Adrian Gideon, ya dead?
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 20:19:45 by Cubby »
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Evil Imperial

• Corporal
  • Destroying all who dare to oppose me
« Reply #78 on: 09 July 2016, 20:37:15 »
What I want when the combat manuals are done is, well a Records Sheets: Combat Manuals for all the unique variants they show us in the Combat Manuals so we can use them in Battletech.  O0
Conjurer (Hellhound) = Wolverine IIC
Proof:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090213010515/http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42093.0/all.html

I mean, you are telling physics to go screw itself with enough power to let you travel faster than light, its going to fight back as best as it can. - VhenRa, on TDS

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #79 on: 09 July 2016, 21:26:34 »
Yet to be confirmed but I will just leave this lit firecracker here on the table . . .

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53535.msg1234371#msg1234371

If it is confirmed then  [drool]
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 10 July 2016, 01:40:51 »
Yeah, I will join everyone in liking that Panther variant.

5/8 is really competitive with 4/6/4 in usefulness.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #81 on: 10 July 2016, 02:11:09 »
Maybe I'm missing something but where's the PV for the PNT-9ALAG?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #82 on: 10 July 2016, 03:58:03 »
In case anyone is keeping track, that's a core rulebook and a combat manual laid out and published in the span of a week.

Hey, Adrian Gideon, ya dead?

Its a good week for new stuff. Putting the pieces together for Gencon!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #83 on: 10 July 2016, 06:15:45 »

It's missing.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 10 July 2016, 06:47:02 »

Sorry, it's 20 PV.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #85 on: 10 July 2016, 07:02:01 »
Those sneaky little so-and-sos, they thought they could sneak a newly-minted and GORGEOUS Classics Marauder mini without us noticing?

Classics Marauder Mini preview!  Where is that?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #86 on: 10 July 2016, 07:50:31 »
Classics Marauder Mini preview!  Where is that?

Paint scheme section of CM: Kurita. Also, Locust.

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #87 on: 10 July 2016, 10:28:34 »
All the new unit logos in color!!  *drools*

Fantastic product!  Thank you.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #88 on: 10 July 2016, 11:43:40 »
Yet to be confirmed but I will just leave this lit firecracker here on the table . . .

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53535.msg1234371#msg1234371

If it is confirmed then  [drool]

Dunno if you've seen it yet, Feenix, but it is officially confirmed.

Gentlemen, our long interstellar nightmare is now over.

We return you to our regularly scheduled interstellar cataclysm, known as the Succession Wars and everything that followed it  O0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #89 on: 10 July 2016, 11:54:58 »
I wonder how long it will be until we see the nuClassics in miniature form.  I know that Shadow Hawk and something else is coming out later quarters of this year, which is great. I'm surprise the Warhammer and Marauder is taking longer. :(
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki