Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 134416 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« on: 15 June 2018, 11:56:01 »
And we’re back!

It still amazes me that, for a Clan that was hardly ever in the fiction and spent the majority of its time pouting ina corner, we’ve had one of the most active fan threads on the Chatterweb.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2018, 12:39:51 »
As long as were here the Blood Spirits are never done.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2018, 12:51:28 »
And we’re back!

It still amazes me that, for a Clan that was hardly ever in the fiction and spent the majority of its time pouting ina corner, we’ve had one of the most active fan threads on the Chatterweb.

The Spirits actually got more of a spotlight than some Clans.

"A Tale of Mercy in Defeat" - Chris Hussey
"Tears of Blood" - Randall N. Bills
"The Color of Rage" - Randall N. Bills
"River of Blood" - Uncredited scenario
"'Mechs From Heaven" - Uncredited scenario

The Goliath Scorpions, by comparison, just got "Fragments of History" and the "Under Pressure" scenario, and the Star Adders, despite their martial dominance, actually don't have any fiction from their POV.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2018, 12:56:18 »
The Star Adders actually do have one story from their POV: “Color of Rage” by Randall Bills, in the 25 Years of Art and Fiction book. :)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2018, 13:56:36 »

"River of Blood" - Uncredited scenario Ken' Horner
"'Mechs From Heaven" - Uncredited scenario Ken' Horner

Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2018, 13:57:47 »
Thanks.  Any idea why BattleCorps left your name off your scenarios?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2018, 14:12:02 »
No, I'm not sure. Maybe just the format of the day. I did all of them in 2009 and 2010, plus a few others later.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2018, 14:15:42 »
And I quite enjoyed them both. :)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2018, 14:22:40 »
You're now properly credited in the Master Fiction Index.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2018, 17:52:31 »

"River of Blood" - Uncredited scenario
"'Mechs From Heaven" - Uncredited scenario

Where can I find these?

The Goliath Scorpions, by comparison, just got "Fragments of History" and the "Under Pressure" scenario, and the Star Adders, despite their martial dominance, actually don't have any fiction from their POV.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #10 on: 15 June 2018, 18:57:01 »
BattleCorps, I believe. “Color of Rage” is in the 25 Years of Art and Fiction book.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2018, 19:00:59 »
We got all the fiction because were more interesting than some other Clans. You can only make the Ghost Bears or Wolves look good for so long before you have to show the other side of the coin.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2018, 14:14:41 »
Explains why the bears don't seem to really do anything, too busy looking good  8)
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2018, 14:34:32 »
Explains why the bears don't seem to really do anything, too busy looking good  8)

Too busy trying to go back to hibernating after being rudely awakened by the story team throwing them unexpected territorial gains, you mean ;D

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2018, 21:32:46 »
Too busy trying to go back to hibernating after being rudely awakened by the story team throwing them unexpected territorial gains, you mean ;D
Hey it is hard to go back to sleep when you get rudely awaken like that
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2018, 21:44:19 »
Enough about Bears.  This thread is about how awmuch some Blood Spirits are...

Speaking of which, Tassa, I believe they were during your interregnum but i did a bunch of Mech of the Week articles on some of our common designs, and more expert input is always appreciated.

Speaking of which I'm going to go review them.  It's been a while since I've laid eyes on BattleTech stuff, much less my 7th Blood Drinkers.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2018, 08:57:22 »
Snow Raven here. Got any more of them il-Chis Ill-Cheeze?  :D
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #17 on: 17 June 2018, 11:46:58 »
At GenCon 2011, I played in the Steel Viper vs. Blood Spirit event.  To provide the Clan with its trademark espirit de corps, I burst out:

“Who’s got...Blood Speeee-rit?  Come on, let’s heeeear it!  Yeah!”  Pep rally style.

The Commando running the game just stared at me in shock for a minute or two, then admonished me to “never do that again.”

Vipers went down, so...
« Last Edit: 17 June 2018, 15:54:32 by Mendrugo »

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2018, 14:12:13 »
I like the thread name!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 17 June 2018, 14:42:50 »
whew! saw that global mod post and panicked for a moment.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2018, 12:42:36 »
At GenCon 2011, I played in the Steel Viper vs. Blood Spirit event.  To provide the Clan with its trademark espirit de corps, I burst out:

“Who’s got...Blood Speeee-rit?  Come on, let’s heeeear it!  Yeah!”  Pep rally style.

The Commando running the game just stared at me in shock for a minute or two, then admonished me to “never do that again.”

Vipers went down, so...

That Commando didnt know how to have fun did he?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2018, 22:03:02 »
Speaking of which, Tassa, I believe they were during your interregnum but i did a bunch of Mech of the Week articles on some of our common designs, and more expert input is always appreciated.

I’d be happy to take a gander and give what little, albeit amateurish, input I can.

Also, congrats on writing these articles, my friend!

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 20 June 2018, 06:00:00 »
I did articles on the Battle Cobra and Crimson Langur.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2018, 12:36:14 »
I did articles on the Battle Cobra and Crimson Langur.

That article got me to buy a Crimson Langur.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2018, 14:06:03 »
That article got me to buy a Crimson Langur.

I already had 7, but after that, I needed to round out to two full Stars.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 21 June 2018, 14:11:11 »
Awww, now I'm blushing.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #26 on: 21 June 2018, 17:36:34 »
I always dug the Spirits. I'm re-reading Wars of Reaving, and even as things went to Hell around them, they did their best to remain honorable.

...and, of course, anyone the Star Adders hate so much can't be all bad. :D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

The Eagle

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 21 June 2018, 19:49:34 »
I still wish things had gone differently.  I expounded to Paul last week when I had the chance to meet him that I would have had the Spirits go berserk and crush the Burrocks when they split from the Adders, paving the way for ending the feud with the Adders.  The Spirits get the revenge they wanted, the Adders don't have to worry about another Clan wanting to rip out their collective throats, and everyone is happy.

Well.  Happy-ish.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 22 June 2018, 14:27:25 »
I still hold out hope. It springs eternal.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #29 on: 22 June 2018, 14:36:07 »
Yeah, I felt the Spirits’ canon fate to be one of the worst parts of the WoR book. Not because of my love for them, but because it was simply bland, predictable and lackluster. I too felt it would’ve been much more entertaining to see them reach rapprochement with the Adders by destroying (or helping to destroy) the resurgent Burrocks. Yet they were destroyed instead, and the Coyotes were ludicrously allowed to survive betraying the Clans. It’s what put me off BattleTech for a while.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2018, 14:38:24 by tassa_kay »

Register