Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 25792 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 10 August 2017, 19:46:41 »
Where does MML keep its weapon and equipment data?  I was hoping to go through and at least clean up the weapon names (the prototypes are a particular mess, ballistic and energy weapon prototypes are listed completely differently), but a grep search through the source files doesn't turn up anything but unit files when I look for weapon names.

All weapon and equipment names are stored in the code. Once the IO branch gets its final pass and is merged. Equipment names will match their names in the IO progression tables.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2017, 16:22:20 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2017, 21:00:46 »
If you manual input the data for the battle, is it possible to say how many rounds of ammo were used? I have figured out how to put how much damage was done, and what critical hits were done, but have not figured out how to say how much ammo was used.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2017, 21:18:33 »
If you manual input the data for the battle, is it possible to say how many rounds of ammo were used? I have figured out how to put how much damage was done, and what critical hits were done, but have not figured out how to say how much ammo was used.

In the Docs folder is a scenario-readme.txt file that explains what can be done.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 12 August 2017, 00:06:28 »
for some reason i'm unable to send a unit to the mech lab in MMHQ through the customize feature. it happened after i completed a previous custom job on the mech. have any of you seen this before

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 12 August 2017, 00:52:15 »
All of that information is part of the source code

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 12 August 2017, 07:15:58 »
Where does MML keep its weapon and equipment data?  I was hoping to go through and at least clean up the weapon names (the prototypes are a particular mess, ballistic and energy weapon prototypes are listed completely differently), but a grep search through the source files doesn't turn up anything but unit files when I look for weapon names.

They are in files in the megamek.common.weapons package (there's also a sub package for infantry and battlearmor, and once Hammer finishes his IO branch, there are more for weapon types).  Also, for equipment, you can look in common.MiscType, and ammo is in common.AmmoType.

If you're using Eclipse, you could also look for references to common.EquipmentType.name.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #36 on: 12 August 2017, 11:52:30 »
for some reason i'm unable to send a unit to the mech lab in MMHQ through the customize feature. it happened after i completed a previous custom job on the mech. have any of you seen this before
There's a long-standing bug that causes a fatal exception if a refit is attempted on a unit that has previously undergone a refit that was cancelled. Based on your experience it may be it's not just those that have been cancelled. It's one of those bugs that takes a lot of work to track down and nobody's done it yet.

SandMan

• Master Sergeant
  • For Davion!
« Reply #37 on: 12 August 2017, 16:21:19 »
All weapon and equipment names are stored in the code. Once the IO branch gets its final pass and is merged. Equipment names will match their names in To the IO progression tables.

Sounds like you've already done what I had in mind, it just hasn't made it out yet.  I'll just keep calm and carry on, thanks for the reply.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 13 August 2017, 00:08:56 »
There's a long-standing bug that causes a fatal exception if a refit is attempted on a unit that has previously undergone a refit that was cancelled. Based on your experience it may be it's not just those that have been cancelled. It's one of those bugs that takes a lot of work to track down and nobody's done it yet.

Thanks Neoancient.  couple things in this case the refit was never cancelled it was finally completed successfully. I tried a work around. I "GM" added a new mech of the same custom model from the marketplace and even the new mech wont go to the meklab. so i guess it's something in the mech data file itself.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 17 August 2017, 12:56:53 »
just had a big battle convoy rescue not load any units into megamek other than my own. first time this ever happened for me. the tons and bv show up but the meks dont odd.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 12:58:51 by zulf »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #40 on: 21 August 2017, 18:52:18 »
Stupid question.  I just installed the game, but i have no sound.  Is there way to restore it or turn it on?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #41 on: 21 August 2017, 18:57:05 »
Nevermind, it came with the mute turned on. A friend had to show me since i've never dabbled with those settings before.

As being exposed to this for the first time.  I'm unhappy with the client launch window.  The names of the options are not completely read able.  If there way to adjust font or the button so entire button's can be visible to the user?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #42 on: 21 August 2017, 20:07:20 »
As being exposed to this for the first time.  I'm unhappy with the client launch window.  The names of the options are not completely read able.  If there way to adjust font or the button so entire button's can be visible to the user?

Try going into view-client settings-graphics and you can change the theme(Skin File), that will change how the launch window looks.  As a side note that tab would allow you to tweak some of the map settings (i.e Isometric, Anti-Aliasing, shadows, etc)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: 22 August 2017, 10:06:35 »
There ist sound?  :o
Is that new, or did I just never stumble upon that option?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 22 August 2017, 13:06:58 »
There ist sound?  :o
Is that new, or did I just never stumble upon that option?
It's just the "Dings" it does when turns end and people type something.  It's view/client options as well.

Try going into view-client settings-graphics and you can change the theme(Skin File), that will change how the launch window looks.  As a side note that tab would allow you to tweak some of the map settings (i.e Isometric, Anti-Aliasing, shadows, etc)
Thanks, I'll have get home to adjust it. I've never seen it this badly disorted before.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #45 on: 22 August 2017, 13:21:39 »
Thanks, I'll have get home to adjust it. I've never seen it this badly disorted before.
Can you post a screen shot and let us know what resolution you're running at.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #46 on: 22 August 2017, 17:06:58 »
Can you post a screen shot and let us know what resolution you're running at.
This what it was set by default when you download it.  Also the sound is shut off (this a first, i've never had one with it off.)  I noticed the skins (at least front pages) which have faction name don't change the appearance of the launcher unless you got get into the game when you do it.

The skin listed is BW - Default (font)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #47 on: 22 August 2017, 18:03:06 »
This what it was set by default when you download it.  Also the sound is shut off (this a first, i've never had one with it off.)  I noticed the skins (at least front pages) which have faction name don't change the appearance of the launcher unless you got get into the game when you do it.

The skin listed is BW - Default (font)

If I recall we had the "ding" off for this release.  If you change and the skin and hit the update button it should update the start menu look. But it's likely the MegaMek Image will disappear.  I'll have to do some tweaks for the next release.

Regarding the text, could you also let me know what resolution you're running at.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 23 August 2017, 14:04:10 »
Is someone else experiencing problems with Princess executing the movement phase in base attack scenarios?
I am using MM 0.43.3 and all other scenarios generated just work fine.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2017, 05:47:45 by Schugger »
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #49 on: 23 August 2017, 14:25:39 »
Is spmeone else experiencing problems with Princess executing the movement phase in base attack scenarios?

Their is a bug in that version with Princess jumping. But should be fixed for the next release.  What are you seeing?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #50 on: 23 August 2017, 23:55:25 »
That does that font issue go away if you full-size the start-up window?  BW-Default is just the skin (images) I dont know if Arlith has it to where you can change the font size on the buttons.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 24 August 2017, 02:55:37 »
Is spmeone else experiencing problems with Princess executing the movement phase in base attack scenarios?
Is it that she takes fooooooooorever to actually start? If there's a lot of units then princess can take upwards of 5 minutes to place her first units

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 24 August 2017, 06:05:25 »
Hard to specify the problem.
In Base Defence scenarios you have to allies on your side, the faction you are under contract with and a bunch of civilian units as well as an attacking enemy - all bot controlled. It is somehow like the program has hickups when it is about to compute movement orders. I waited for about 15 minutes in some cases without something happening with the bot controlled side, then kicked the bot, assumed manual control and then disconnected and returned control to the bot again. Sometimes it worked and the bot units proceeded with their movement but most of the time I had to kick all bot players, skip all movement and then return control to the bot in the firing phase (which then worked fine).
Yesterday I took control of all bot units on my side (so two additional sessions of MM open) and had just one hickup with the attacking bot player in a base defence which has been easily been resolved by kick bot->skip->replacePlayer.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 24 August 2017, 06:26:21 »
I always use 'individual initiative' when playing Princess, so never notice big delays.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 24 August 2017, 08:20:28 »
So do I and I don't experience any notheworthy delays either und normal circumstances.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #55 on: 24 August 2017, 15:54:23 »
Yeah, turning Princess' consider individual initiative to true helps a little bit.  And really it is better just to deploy her forces for her.  When your setting up the game open another MM window and connect to your game as a computer player so you can deploy for her then /kick and replace Player with a bot once you've deployed her units.  And Princess has and will always be slow to move units with high MP (7/11) or with jump jets until a new developer decides to revamp her coding.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 26 August 2017, 07:23:40 »
When salvaging from omnipods I can't rush/use extra time. Is that intended?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #57 on: 27 August 2017, 19:13:50 »
A design I created in megameklab refuses to load on subsequent sessions.

The mech in question was an upgrade of the primitive shadowhawk to introductory tech, which I made, printed, and saved successfully, but now when I attempt to load it, the program gives me an error that says "Unsupported tech level 1" and doesn't load the file.

Log is attached for what it's worth. I can't attach the mtf because of board rules.

EDIT: I also get the same error trying to load the SWD-2 Swordsman, when the only thing that was changed was altering its ruleset from unofficial to introductory. Because... well... it's an introductory tech mech.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2017, 19:17:09 by Liam's Ghost »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #58 on: 27 August 2017, 19:16:34 »
A design I created in megameklab refuses to load on subsequent sessions.

The mech in question was an upgrade of the primitive shadowhawk to introductory tech, which I made, printed, and saved successfully, but now when I attempt to load it, the program gives me an error that says "Unsupported tech level 1" and doesn't load the file.

Log is attached for what it's worth. I can't attach the mtf because of board rules.

You can change the MTF file extension to txt and post it here.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #59 on: 27 August 2017, 19:19:45 »
Shadow hawk:

Version:1.0
Shadow Hawk
SHD-1Rr

Config:Biped
TechBase:Inner Sphere
Era:2500
Rules Level:1

Mass:50
Engine:250 Fusion Engine(IS)
Structure:IS Standard
Myomer:Standard

Heat Sinks:10 Single
Walk MP:5
Jump MP:3

Armor:Standard(IS/Clan)
LA Armor:16
RA Armor:16
LT Armor:18
RT Armor:18
CT Armor:22
HD Armor:9
LL Armor:20
RL Armor:20
RTL Armor:6
RTR Armor:6
RTC Armor:9

Weapons:4
Medium Laser, Right Arm
AC/5, Left Torso
LRM 5, Right Torso
SRM 2, Head

Left Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
Hand Actuator
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
Hand Actuator
Medium Laser
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Left Torso:
Jump Jet
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
IS Ammo AC/5
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Torso:
Jump Jet
LRM 5
IS Ammo LRM-5
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Center Torso:
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Jump Jet
IS Ammo SRM-2

Head:
Life Support
Sensors
Cockpit
SRM 2
Sensors
Life Support
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Left Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

And the Swordsman:

Version:1.0
Swordsman
SWD-2

Config:Biped
TechBase:Inner Sphere
Era:2482
Source:XTRO Primitives IV - Age of War
Rules Level:1

Mass:40
Engine:160 Fusion Engine(IS)
Structure:IS Standard
Myomer:Standard

Heat Sinks:10 Single
Walk MP:4
Jump MP:0

Armor:Standard(Clan)
LA Armor:10
RA Armor:10
LT Armor:14
RT Armor:14
CT Armor:16
HD Armor:9
LL Armor:16
RL Armor:16
RTL Armor:5
RTR Armor:5
RTC Armor:5

Weapons:6
Medium Laser, Left Arm
Medium Laser, Right Arm
AC/5, Left Torso
LRM 5, Right Torso
SRM 4, Right Torso
Small Laser, Head

Left Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
Hand Actuator
Medium Laser
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
Hand Actuator
Medium Laser
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Left Torso:
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
Autocannon/5
IS Ammo AC/5
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Torso:
Heat Sink
LRM 5
SRM 4
IS Ammo LRM-5
IS Ammo SRM-4
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Center Torso:
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Fusion Engine
Heat Sink
-Empty-

Head:
Life Support
Sensors
Cockpit
Small Laser
Sensors
Life Support
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Left Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
Heat Sink
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

Right Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
Heat Sink
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-
-Empty-

EDIT: Okay, it appears the person who originally put in the swordsman gave it clan standard armor?  :-\

Second EDIT: Manually editing the armor type in the mtf to standard (Inner Sphere) allows the file to load properly.

So... bug report: Changing from the Unofficial tech base to the introductory tech base does not properly revert the armor to standard (inner sphere).
« Last Edit: 27 August 2017, 19:26:16 by Liam's Ghost »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register