Author Topic: Extra Crewmen  (Read 2273 times)

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
Extra Crewmen
« on: 19 July 2011, 04:21:47 »
Where do you find the rules for putting extra crew into combat vehicles?

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Extra Crewmen
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2011, 13:35:27 »
There really aren't any, only Support Vehicles need to track tonnage for crew.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2011, 14:04:27 »
There really aren't any, only Support Vehicles need to track tonnage for crew.

Not exactly.  Small support vehicles have to.  Medium and large support vehicles only do it for crew over the maximum or when they're adding quarters rather than basic seating.

Combat vehicles do not have rules to cover any of this.  Given that their crews usually run smaller than support vehicle crews do, I'm not sure it's really a significant issue.  If you want to add seating and feel like tracking it, it's 0.075 tons per seat; without fractional accounting, that's 6 per half-ton or 13 per ton.  (Infantry, which needs room for weapons, supplies, and other things, isn't quite that generous.)

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2011, 15:12:24 »
Not exactly.  Small support vehicles have to.  Medium and large support vehicles only do it for crew over the maximum or when they're adding quarters rather than basic seating.

Combat vehicles do not have rules to cover any of this.  Given that their crews usually run smaller than support vehicle crews do, I'm not sure it's really a significant issue.  If you want to add seating and feel like tracking it, it's 0.075 tons per seat; without fractional accounting, that's 6 per half-ton or 13 per ton.  (Infantry, which needs room for weapons, supplies, and other things, isn't quite that generous.)

Ah. on combat vees it used to be a 1/2 ton per man.

Though there still might be rules for extra crew.

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2011, 19:26:14 »
I recall reading something on this, IIRC the current rules it's .1 tons per extra guy done in half ton lots (or each half ton can get you up to 5 extra crew).

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2011, 20:12:20 »
No, it's not.  There's nothing about larger crews for combat vehicles.  The only language on the subject I've seen is the "1 per fraction of 15 tons" rule in TM.  For support vehicles, it's the same seating rules I just mentioned.