Author Topic: Blue Shield PFD  (Read 4778 times)

Hominid Mk II

• Warrant Officer
  • Unofficial, sure. But better than nothing, right?
Blue Shield PFD
« on: 25 February 2011, 14:46:59 »
Did anybody ever come up with a BV1 for this? I was thinking, maybe, add 30 points to the base Defensive Battle Rating while subtracting 20 points for "explosive ammo" for each of its seven locations?
Ever felt that The Powers That Were at FASA, WizKids and FanPro never gave Victor Steiner-Davion and the Federated Commonwealth a fair shake in the canon timeline? Then you might be interested in my Victor Victorious AU at

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65976.0

majesticmoose

• Warrant Officer
Re: Blue Shield PFD
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2011, 14:59:07 »
Did anybody ever come up with a BV1 for this? I was thinking, maybe, add 30 points to the base Defensive Battle Rating while subtracting 20 points for "explosive ammo" for each of its seven locations?

I coulda sworn that the actual BV1 for that was in MAximum tech...

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2011, 08:43:22 »
Unbound, actually.
No mention of BV, though.

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2011, 13:31:21 »
HMP seems to suggest that it's calculated as 50% of the armor factor in the defensive BV.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Hominid Mk II

• Warrant Officer
  • Unofficial, sure. But better than nothing, right?
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2011, 13:00:31 »
HMP seems to suggest that it's calculated as 50% of the armor factor in the defensive BV.

It's just occurred to me to ask... is that offset by subtracting the usual 20 points per location for "explosive ammo"?
Ever felt that The Powers That Were at FASA, WizKids and FanPro never gave Victor Steiner-Davion and the Federated Commonwealth a fair shake in the canon timeline? Then you might be interested in my Victor Victorious AU at

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65976.0

Old Knight

• Sergeant
  • For honor and glory
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2011, 13:48:39 »
I have never use that device... is it good ?  ::)
It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2011, 05:13:00 »
It halves normal/support PPC damage, rounded down to a minimum of 1 point.
Downside, you can only use it without any problems for six turns (total, not consecutive).
So if you know your opponent likes PPCs, it can be pretty useful - turning a PPC hit into an ML hit.
Add Reflective Armour and your opponent won't be happy (ever seen an Awesome or a Hellstar cry?).

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

evilauthor

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2011, 11:14:58 »
6 rounds might be enough in a one on one or small unit match up, especially since these fights last for what? 10-15 rounds on average? Turn Blue Shield on just when the other guy's PPCs become most effective and you'll have a huge firepower advantage for the when it counts the most.

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2011, 11:25:35 »
Its important to mention that a critical hit on an active PFD causes a 5 point explosion.
I found this fact most annoying, as my opponent tended to aim PPCs elsewhere and instead engaged with LBX and SRMs when possible.
Blue shield crit- bam! Following LBX ammo crit- bam! Stacy church was soundly asleep when a Ghurka lopped her Zeus' head off.

evilauthor

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2011, 11:30:38 »
Its important to mention that a critical hit on an active PFD causes a 5 point explosion.
I found this fact most annoying, as my opponent tended to aim PPCs elsewhere and instead engaged with LBX and SRMs when possible.
Blue shield crit- bam! Following LBX ammo crit- bam! Stacy church was soundly asleep when a Ghurka lopped her Zeus' head off.

Blue Shield + Ferro-Lamellar FTW?

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2011, 12:01:07 »
Would be an excellent combination, yes.

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2011, 12:53:15 »
Have fun finding the crits.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

evilauthor

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2011, 15:04:14 »

Register