Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 236211 times)

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
Leave it to me to start the roll call.  Who else made it over that supports the Sharks/Foxes? ???
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
I support anyone who sells me the good stuff. ;)

ShockaTime

• Captain
i like the sharks/foxes, and i'm even more excited to learn more about the clan during the Dark Age when they turn into a space-traveling merchant society.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Wolf Lancer 4

• CSO Pack Mule
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Home of hand built Timber Wolves.
Leave it to the Sharks to have the longest thread name in the Clan Chatterweb. ;D
From a 'Mech grave he rose, snarling
Ready to do battle for his vanquished Clan
Stalking the Falcon Khans, who would remake us
His actions, the Wolf incarnate
  -The Remembrance(Clan Wolf), Passage 412, Verse 10, Lines 9-12

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
At least it fits - some of the new user names don't fit and keep running over into other areas.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
Now guys, we are free to post wherever our heart leads us to.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
I'm not talking about the area.  I'm talking about the layout.  Some of the names are sprawling over into the topic titles.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
Oh, my bad... :-[
Five rounds, rapid!

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
Not a problem.  I wasn't entirely specific on what I was talking about right there.

Carbon Elasmobranch

• Master Sergeant
My anchor to BattleTech over the years.  And a source of terrible crossover puns with Exalted.

Still not clear about that switch back to Sea Foxes in 3100.  Or supportive.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
I really like the Sharks/Foxes.  They are just cool...

Nerroth

• Captain
I can once again note the irony in using a certain web browser when viewing a thread about the Sea Foxes!

Carbon Elasmobranch

• Master Sergeant
I can once again note the irony in using a certain web browser when viewing a thread about the Sea Foxes!

"Sea Fox has encountered a fatal error with Snow Raven.  Press any key to change name."

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
There's something about the Sharks/Foxes I really enjoy.  They're definitely a Clan with character.  I'm wishing I hadn't loaned out my copy of FM: Warden Clans years ago so I could actually remember more about them.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
One thing you can count on, the Sharks/Foxes will survive.  In one form or another.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Having worked in retail for many years when I was younger, and doing collector's shows sometimes on weekends, I can identify with a Clan who looks at the profit/loss column before they start shooting. The less you destroy, the more you have to sell later.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Having worked in retail for many years when I was younger, and doing collector's shows sometimes on weekends, I can identify with a Clan who looks at the profit/loss column before they start shooting. The less you destroy, the more you have to sell later.

And the more people you piss off, the smaller your consumer base.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
One thing you can count on, the Sharks/Foxes will survive.  In one form or another.
Just like roaches, right? ;)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Just like roaches, right? ;)

After going back to Sea Foxes, they go on for a while and then become Clan Dire Roach, and conquer Terra.  They then proceed to open up bidding.  Surprisingly, Terra ends up as property of the Grand Duchy of Furillo, which no one saw coming (except for the Furillans).

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
When I first started familiarize myself with Battletech the Sharks was one of my favorite clans. Now, it seems that they have just faded away into the background becoming more of a plot device than a faction. So I am asking:
- What cool things have the Sharks done recently (Jihad era), or will do as Foxes during the Dark Age?
- Has the Sharks made some cool and good stuff recently?

Show me that the Sharks have not jumped the shark.  :-\  :'(

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Daishi411

• Captain
question for the sharks. I was reading M and M again today and i re-read naomi nagasawa and xoc's bios. I can't believe it never hit me before but it said that she wanted to change the sharks and that xoc may be in on it. do you think that maybe it's these two people that form the basis on which the sharks become the space faring fleet they do in the DA as well as the name change?
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
You're almost certainly correct about them being behind the organizational change on reviewing the INN Touring the Stars articles on the Foxes.

Flerith

I still have my copy of Warden Clans and that's where my love for the Clan started.

"Upon gaining control of Clan Sea Fox, Khan Nagasawa took immediate steps to ensure her Clan’s long-term viability.  Her historical studies had led her to believe that the Star League’s greatest strength had come from its material prosperity and the value it placed on the individual citizen.  She saw both as compatible with the Clan way, including the Clan’s caste system.  She therefore supported cooperation and interdependence between her Clan’s castes, a policy that paid dividends."

It goes on to say how the Sea Foxes wheeled and dealed their way throughout Can history and even led/assisted with the changes in the clans involving Iron-woumb, Chatterweb, Omni-Mech, Elementals...

In the aftermath of the invasion they saw that they had gone down the wrong path by throwing in with the crusaders so they changed their tactics and went back to doing what they do best: seek out new opportunities and invest in their future.

They assisted the Nova Cats when they moved to the Draconis Combine, and are allies of the Ghost Bears.

They started producing more mechs for sale to the other Clans and eventually to the Inner Sphere, they also aided worlds hit hard by the Jihad with their merchant fleets.

It is my belief that though the Sea Foxes are a mercantile Clan, they are also the Clan of individual liberty, cross-caste respect, and understand the true value of people.

I think that in moving to the scattered clearing worlds and keeping to their fleets, that the Sea Foxes represent a lesser profile to agressors, can mobilize their forces faster than any other power, and keep the trade lines open to all the Inner Sphere Powers.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
It is my belief that though the Sea Foxes are a mercantile Clan, they are also the Clan of individual liberty, cross-caste respect, and understand the true value of people.

Usually.  There at least was a strain of conservatives (or perhaps reactionaries) that felt differently judging from the information about Ian Hawker in ER3052.

I think that in moving to the scattered clearing worlds and keeping to their fleets, that the Sea Foxes represent a lesser profile to agressors, can mobilize their forces faster than any other power, and keep the trade lines open to all the Inner Sphere Powers.

While their ability to respond to events is higher overall, their ability to concentrate forces to do so is impaired because their forces are heavily dispersed.  That's not necessarily a problem depending on what they need to do but it's something to keep in mind.

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
Should anyone want to make use of it, here's an image of the Sea Fox insignia.

Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Had I not just switched to the Brain Slug picture, I'd be tempted to go for that one.  It's a cool logo.

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
Had I not just switched to the Brain Slug picture, I'd be tempted to go for that one.  It's a cool logo.

Yeah, I really can't fault the new faction logos. Sea Fox, Rasalhague Dominion, and Raven Alliance are all cool.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
I think Firefox stole your old logo :P you should do a ToP to get it back  [rockon]

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Daishi411

• Captain
I think Firefox stole your old logo :P you should do a ToP to get it back  [rockon]

ha! i never noticed that before, that's actually hilarious  [wildandcrazy]
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Wotan

• Lieutenant
I just reading some of the later TROs and are wondering how many new designs the Diamond Sharks are building in the meanwhile. I even more wondering that i don't remember any Omnimech factory the Sharks have in the time around 3067.

Do i miss something or are they focusing on secondliners ?