Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 236185 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We're here for your money and planets is fantastic.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Glad to be back.  Hell, I'm just glad to have an aimag to come back to.

ClarkeMarek, Wellspring and Bergie are still out touring the stars. But we keep the lights on in the Khanate for them and the laborers hard at work in the manufacturing plant so that they'll have something to sell when they return.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
We're here for your money and planets is fantastic.

Yeah, I thought so too.  And unlike other more barbaric Clans, we don't need scads of planets.  We just cherrypick the right planets, and let our "customers" keep their average dustballs so they'll have income we can work with.

ClarkeMarek, Wellspring and Bergie are still out touring the stars. But we keep the lights on in the Khanate for them and the laborers hard at work in the manufacturing plant so that they'll have something to sell when they return.

They'll be back.  Waiting for the ilClan wasn't easy on a lot of fans.  The Wars of Reaving showed us much of what could be done with a very well-established game universe like this one, and kept us on the edge of our seats posting for years.  I have no doubt it can do it again with the right product. 

We need to name our fan aimag/khanate! 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I was thinking that too. We need a name for the BattleTech forum Sea Fox family... and to batten the hatches in case the upcoming products make us all grognards that can only play from Operation Klondike to 3145.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
What about Deathstrike Khanate? It was the award that Alpha Galaxy used to hand out and then became the award for getting three times your mechs tonnage in kills?

It doesn't really make us sound like a merry band of Sea Fox friends though. So maybe we should go with Diamond Khanate.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I could go with that.

But maybe add something of a nod to the fox side of things as well as the shark side.  If we can think of something that fits.  Maybe JKL will have an idea to add.

edit...  Don't hate me for this...  Diamond Furball Khanate lol

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
The Diamonds and Pearls Khanate? Nah... Then we would have to paint everything purple.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I actually thought it was the Diamond Shark part of things that needed the nod. After all, we are Sea Foxes.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
True.  As Sea Foxes, we're secure in our self esteem and knowledge.  The Diamond Shark side of things embraced ostentatious display much more readily.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
The We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat Khanate
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
We're here for your money and your planets are fantastic looking.

Fixed for ya!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Fixed for ya!

TT

We like nice looking planets.  With lots of harjel.  And germanium helps too. 

The We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat Khanate

AnArcShipCannotContainAllOfThisAwesomness Khanate!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Considering the general silliness of Diamond Khanate I present you with file footage of our scientist caste. Whether we will prove to be dezgra or written into the remembrance only time will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0eS3zC3Jco

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
For maximum inclusiveness I recommend we gank Tiburon Khanate's Gamma Emblem for Diamond Khanate.

Drewbacca

• Major
For maximum inclusiveness I recommend we gank Tiburon Khanate's Gamma Emblem for Diamond Khanate.
Oh heck yeah!

Drewbacca

• Major
Where is that image from?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Old is the New New.
Work in Progress.

« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 02:34:30 by Kitsune413 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Where is that image from?

Era Report 3145. Tiburon Khanate. Gamma Aimag.

Drewbacca

• Major
Old is the New New.
Work in Progress.
I like it

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We've fought people.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
The three worlds promised were named, too.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The three worlds promised were named, too.

They were!

I wonder how Skate Khanate's doing explaining that they weren't the ones that were doing the raiding and fighting. Not that the people Skate Khanate has dealt with weren't already starting fights.

SteveRestless

• Major
Anything interesting about the planets that were named?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Decoy

• Captain
One in what's left of the Draconis March, one on the Periphery March near the Ravens, and one in the Capellan March, I think.

I'd really hate to be Julian when those nobles come calling.
Noble: "You did WHAT with my ancestral home land?"
Robogigavictor: "I gave it to the Seafoxes."
Noble: "And WHY did you do this? We're fighting against the clanners. We were BETRAYED by the clanners and you just gave my world to them. I'd like an answer."
Robogigavictor: "It was MY world and I chose to do with it as I saw fit!"
Noble: "If that's the case, then to Sian with you, I'm gone. Good luck with the Capellans and the Combine."
Robogigavictor: "But it's your sworn duty to defend the Federated Suns! It's in the oath you took as a noble!"
Noble: "And you just relieved me of that oath. Take care."

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Anything interesting about the planets that were named?

They're labelled on the 3151 map.  They're worlds that appear to have no pre-existing importance, but given their locations at the three corners of Davion controlled space they were most probably settled upon due to their location.  If the inner sphere were to settle down anytime soon, those would be decent trading posts close to all of Davion's neighbors.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The fluff says they were chosen after a lot of thought about their value on trade routes.

Hean is within two jumps of Terra though.

Alta Vista is just south of the Raven Alliance.

Brusett is on the edge of the Taurian Concordat.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Decoy, the Federated Suns were largely spared of any difficulties in the Clan Invasion. It was the Lyran Alliance that was (and continues to be) gobbled up...

on the other hand the Snow Ravens did betray the Suns by aiding the Draconis Combine. Though if it weren't for the Davions heinous military losses that was kind of doing them a solid.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
You know Shark Foxes and planetary systems.

No one thought Twycross was important, either!  We get great value from what other people throw away.

But at the least, these will be great trading posts and logistical centers for further expansion rimward and spinward. 

And we're close to the Ravens again.  We have mixed history with them, considering what they tried to do to the poor little sea fox population on Strana Mechty.  But like the Warden Clan Sourcebook hints: the Ravens may dig up dirt to use against everyone else, but the Shark Foxes always dig up the best dirt, and it's all over the Ravens.  They can't do anything without us knowing.  So we use that, and make them pay through the nose for harjel.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 02:12:38 by rebs »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Pretty much finished.

Decoy

• Captain
Decoy, the Federated Suns were largely spared of any difficulties in the Clan Invasion. It was the Lyran Alliance that was (and continues to be) gobbled up...

on the other hand the Snow Ravens did betray the Suns by aiding the Draconis Combine. Though if it weren't for the Davions heinous military losses that was kind of doing them a solid.

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha

Bargained Well and Done used to mean something. It doesn't anymore.
You don't get it. The Snow Ravens damaged the Clans as a whole in what they did. When a Clansman made a deal, you could take it to the (figurative) bank that it would be upheld to the letter, if not the spirit of the agreement. Now...

« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 03:16:43 by Decoy »