Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 236252 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Get killed or make a profit, the Sharkfox way...

TT

That is definitely not our way!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Hey now... it's a shark tank world out there, so make a killing or die trying! Either way... kill or be killed!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
That means  67% of the time Ian Hawker provides an advantage to the opposing force.

The powers that let Hawker become Khan surely recognized these weaknesses as something that could be used againdt him should he need to be removed from power.  That's whst I was getting at. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Hey now... it's a shark tank world out there, so make a killing or die trying! Either way... kill or be killed!

TT

Haha. I'm pretty sure the SharkFox motto during Ian Hawker was just: "Get Killed."

I just mean, we're the clan that sets secondary objectives so that we could lose a conflict and still profit. We use merchant and watch intel to draw down bids as much as possible for an advantage. We trade bondsmen that don't fit our culture to other clans.

So as fun as "Get Rich or Die Trying" sounds as a motto it's just not really very accurate. I think you really see a trend where Clan Sea Fox is as sly as a fox until you make them angry, then the jaws music plays.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
And this is a Nova Cat, erm... Spirt Cat Merchant?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Someone can make a good avatar out of that.  Not a Sea Fox, but a good one nonetheless.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
I'm pretty new to BT, haven't gotten past 3025 mechs yet, but it's going to happen with the Clan Invasion box and going off culture and color schemes I'm going with Clan Diamond Shark.  It'll get weird if I apply the markings and then join the post-3100 storyline... what do you guys normally do?  Paint a trinary for every era you play in?

I like the Rho Spina and Lambda Spina color schemes the most, and the latter looks easy enough to fill in for the Sea Fox Skate Khanate or Ilkhanate.  (Though if I were only looking at post-3100, I'd go with Spina Khanate colors.)  Anyway, did Rho Spina or Lambda Spina participate in the invasion of the Inner Sphere?  Or did they stay home? 

It'd be interesting to use those Green Stuff World color-shift paints over each other, with random little shapes in the underlying layer, to try to recreate opal on a few armor panels. 

Epaminoindas

• Recruit
How do the diamond sharks react to the baby shark song?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
How do the diamond sharks react to the baby shark song?

Ahem...

https://genius.com/Pinkfong-baby-shark-lyrics

Replace Baby with Sibko
Replace : Mommy with Gene Mother
Replace : Father with Gene Father
Replace : Grandmother and Grandfather with Clan Diamond, place both chorus lines between Gene Mother and Gene Father.

" Sibko shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Sibko shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Sibko shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Sibko  shark!

Clan Diamond shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Clan Diamond shark!

Gene Mother shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Gene Mother shark!

Clan Diamond shark!

Let’s go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let’s go hunt! "

~ Clan Diamond Shark sibko learning tool.

TT

( Ya fishies are welkome! )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
You put way to much though into that... Diamond Sharks and Sea Foxes willing to sell anything... and I mean anything lol

DOC_Agren

• Major
TT now that was evil
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
I try...  xp

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbfl4Rhsm3w

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stuff like this is what I miss about this thread.  Sadly, I'm way out of the loop when it comes to the Sharks/Foxes. :(
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
This video is funnier, if not better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdbe-_bYbs
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stuff like this is what I miss about this thread.  Sadly, I'm way out of the loop when it comes to the Sharks/Foxes. :(

We kind of are a silly group.

I've also been into that video for awhile so it was nice to get someone to come in here and set me up.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
There's not much for anyone to be in the loop about.  The Sea Foxes have been in a holding pattern until ilClan hits. 

IlClan! 

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
The Sea Foxes have been in a holding pattern until ilClan hits.

Stone Lions want to scratch something too... read to pounce when ilClan drops!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Decoy

• Captain
I think unless you're interested in the Kickstarter, you're waiting for ilClan.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
The Shark Foxes did not have much going on during the Invasion.  So right now it is IlClan or bust. 

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Omega Galaxy at Tukayyid was officially dark green with blood red accents... how far towards blue can you push that green before you're breaking canon? 

I've been getting interested in those second-line mechs in the Kickstarter, a binary at least, and this looks like the cluster with the most interesting story.  But I already have green mechs (St. Ives) and I'm not into the idea of a Christmas galaxy anyway. 

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Where is the latest information on the Sea Foxes?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
This is hopeful from Pardoe's last book:

"It is tempting to bring our people together as one Clan, but taking away their distinctiveness would be an injustice I will not be a part of."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I've also read talk of "what is the Sea Foxes real role in all of this" on BLP's blog. 

I hope he's hinting at a nice juicy role behind the scenes.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I've also read talk of "what is the Sea Foxes real role in all of this" on BLP's blog. 

I hope he's hinting at a nice juicy role behind the scenes.

Can you link that?

Yeah. I'm hoping they're cutting some good deals. The Recguide intro's make it pretty obvious that we're just trying to get in a good position after someone else becomes Ilclan. Hopefully Petr Kalasa has our back.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
edit: nvm
« Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 17:59:17 by GreekFire »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
After his blog entry I was hoping for something different I think, but so far everybody in hour of the Wolf has been pretty disappointing.

It is what it is and it could certainly be worse.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
There was one Sea Fox-related line in the book that greatly disappointed me, but like you said, it is what it is.

Anyway, I wonder how the Clan will evolve from here.
I'm still very intrigued about the state of things in the Chainelanes, especially now that we know that there's a design being manufactured there. Will the Clan have opted for a fullfledged conquest of the territory? Or are they using it more like a live training ground for their Merchants and Warriors both?
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I hope we will hear more about the Chainelains.  It's nice to have a whole star cluster all to ourselves.   

But, until we stop being a literary device to explain why factions have access to certain designs, it's kind of disheartening as a fan.  I love the Sea Foxes, but we don't do anything.  Makes me wonder what our role was in Ben Rome's version of the IlClan...