Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The PPC is still safe because 10 heat and damage isn't in a bad spot:  50% less heat than the ER PPC is worth taking in certain situations.  YMMV.

The Clan Large Pulse Laser has the same damage and heat, better range, less tonnage, less crits, no minimum range, and a bonus to accuracy.  The PPC is absolutely not safe.
BattleTech Miniatures / Old school Black Widow paint scheme
« Last post by shadowdancer on Today at 18:40:04 »
Painted these for a customer. One of several sets that I did in this color for him.
Value and in-universe price are often disconnected... ;)

Seriously... Germanium is the sine qua non of FTL travel.
Germanium is the most valuable element in BattleTech, last I checked... :)

At less than 1 C-bill per kilogram? KF drives without docking collars set sort of a maximum for germanium prices.
Mine there too, also Australian, so I'm wondering if its just the Aus hub shipping that's locked in now.
BattleMechs / Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:24:46 »
Is it really necromancy if there's less than 90 days between posts? :)
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: The Royal Dick: Journey to ReaperCon
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:20:33 »
Agreed!  The cockpit is definitely popping more than the tartan for me...
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Impact crater of a gauss rifle
« Last post by cray on Today at 18:19:56 »
Gauss rifles are a lot faster than 1700m/s. They have a "long" (20-hex) range in aerospace combat. At 20 x 18-kilometer hexes and 60-second turns, Gauss rifles MUST fire slugs at 6,000m/s, minimum.

However, even a sluggish Aegis WarShip or Behemoth DropShip (both 2/3 thrust) can dodge by 10s of kilometers in 60 seconds. To match the rules' to-hit percentages, Gauss rifles likely have much shorter flight times, perhaps 10-15 seconds. That calls for 24,000m/s to 30,000m/s, minimum.

While aerodynamic drag would slow Gauss rifle projectiles in ground combat at longer ranges, it won't significantly impact muzzle velocity.

The same thinking applies to autocannons, which explains why autocannons are not Tech Rating B. They're much more advanced, hypervelocity weapons than anything that came out of 20th century armories.
Fan Scenarios and Campaigns / Re: Battlepack - Fourth Succession War
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:19:13 »
Balanced indeed!  Talk about a cliff hanger! :)
The Periphery / Re: Fall of the Aurigan Coalition
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 18:17:34 »
Yes it was, the boss ship that Locura virus took down

Victoria blew up something else
Thanks!  At least I know I'm not totally crazy... ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10