Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 236216 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Pretty much finished.

Can I steal this for my avi, or should I trial for it.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Of course you can use it. I built it for Diamond Khanate peeps. :)
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Here we go.

I wanted to make sure that the foreground stood out more from the background and for the image to be as inclusive as possible. Sea Fox? Diamond Shark? I wanted an emblem that covered both bases.

Time to deploy the Chatterwebs special weapons and tactics Aimags.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
If you're interested in feedback:

That's a great logo, but my eye keeps getting caught on a detail: The shark's dorsal fin lays directly atop a diamond facet, and it's right in that uncanney valley.   It's close enough to the facet that you really don't even see the facet beneath, but it's different enough that the matching mirror image on the other side of the diamond obviously doesn't match up.  The asymmetry jars my eye in a way that, for example, the uneven rays coming off the ComStar logo do not.  That fin-facet relationship feels like it needs to be altered.  I kind of like the idea of making the fin a more perfect mirror image to the opposite facet.  If the asymmetery were instead the left facet being overlaid by the shark's body with the right facet blending into the body/being the fin, I think that'd be pretty neat.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 12:41:30 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
It does look like the diamond is bulging a little on that side.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
click link above to find the image.

Playing the world wide event like a true Sea Fox. With monopoly money.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
If you're interested in feedback:

That's a great logo, but my eye keeps getting caught on a detail: The shark's dorsal fin lays directly atop a diamond facet, and it's right in that uncanney valley.   It's close enough to the facet that you really don't even see the facet beneath, but it's different enough that the matching mirror image on the other side of the diamond obviously doesn't match up.  The asymmetry jars my eye in a way that, for example, the uneven rays coming off the ComStar logo do not.  That fin-facet relationship feels like it needs to be altered.  I kind of like the idea of making the fin a more perfect mirror image to the opposite facet.  If the asymmetery were instead the left facet being overlaid by the shark's body with the right facet blending into the body/being the fin, I think that'd be pretty neat.

Honestly, I think the diamond should be removed and just have the two critters against the arrow background.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Honestly, I think the diamond should be removed and just have the two critters against the arrow background.

Was going for the Diamond because the forum Sea Fox/Diamond Shark Fan Group is the Diamond Khanate. However. Ditching the Diamond lets you drastically increase the size of the Fox and the Shark.

However, it seemed easier to quickly build the triangle than turn a fin into a diamond. (not that I don't like that idea.)

Touch ups required.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Alternate versions of the logo are good, too. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Drewbacca

• Major
Speaking of names for all Shark Fox fans on the forum, how about...

The Chums.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Speaking of names for all Shark Fox fans on the forum, how about...

The Chums.

Isn't that a better name for the enemies customers?

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Isn't that a better name for the enemies customers?

Those tasty, tasty customers.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Drewbacca

• Major
Yeah. Maybe.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So I went try and hit up Tai Dai's opinion on the Shark Fox design. But at this point I've got all three elements in their own files. So I dropped them all together onto one psd and the Gamma Aimag logo at this point is is sized to be independent with the arrows. So it was larger. I originally shrank the Shark Fox Logo so you could make out the Diamond in the background. But putting all three elements in together looked great.

This is probably the one lads.

I'm still gonna try to blend the shark into the Diamond like TDC was thinking though. Also. I improved the arrow tremendously following Roosterboy's advice. So it looks great with the logo here. This Logo also doesn't have the fin issue because the fin isn't even on the diamond.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2018, 13:20:49 by Kitsune413 »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I have stolen the rank of Sakhan of Diamond Khanate. Henceforth Rebs is promoted to Ovkhan of an Aimag and JKlantern is promoted from laborer cook to Point Commander. (I'm just kidding You can be an Ovkhan too! Let's get the Aimag's out.)

Drewbacca

• Major
I would like to challenge for official Protomech salesman.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I have stolen the rank of Sakhan of Diamond Khanate. Henceforth Rebs is promoted to Ovkhan of an Aimag and JKlantern is promoted from laborer cook to Point Commander. (I'm just kidding You can be an Ovkhan too! Let's get the Aimag's out.)

The Khanate does march (or jump through Hyperspace) on its stomach.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

The Khanate does march (or jump through Hyperspace) on its stomach.

Awesome!  I'll order two bowls of chili, and keep the grilled ham an cheeses flowing.  And some ice tea.  Just shout when they are ready, and I will jump in and get them myself, that way you never have to leave the grill.

I would like to challenge for official Protomech salesman.

I officially challenge for the right to defend all of our much-valued genetic legacies!  A warrior born am I, and I will fight to defend our heritages against all who would covet our bloodlines.

;D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

I don't usually see power in conforming, but this is clearly an exception.

Diamond Khanate will rule the stars!

Alpha Aimag it is.  In no time at all my command will be the pride of our space-faring fleets.

Did you expect any less?  :D

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Awesome!  I'll order two bowls of chili, and keep the grilled ham an cheeses flowing.  And some ice tea.  Just shout when they are ready, and I will jump in and get them myself, that way you never have to leave the grill.

Man, been a while since I have dusted off the old Nero Wolfe Ham Sandwich Recipe...

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

Man, been a while since I have dusted off the old Nero Wolfe Ham Sandwich Recipe...

I will totally bend space and time to pick up good food myself.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I will totally bend space and time to pick up good food myself.

I have been known to bend space and time to make good food.  But rarely when I'm just cooking for myself.  Need someone to make it for, y'know?  Although I may be playing around with some donburi ideas later this week, for research's sake.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Ha! I was just remarking that it's hot dog and chips night over here, unless I can work up the motivation to top it off with fried egg sandwiches while the skillet still has heat.

I need more fuel.  The Falcons keep trialing for quality Elemental heritages, and I'm down to my last unscathed supernova trinary.  They always seem to know to jump in-system when I'm watching netflix.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Ha! I was just remarking that it's hot dog and chips night over here, unless I can work up the motivation to top it off with fried egg sandwiches while the skillet still has heat.

I need more fuel.  The Falcons keep trialing for quality Elemental heritages, and I'm down to my last unscathed supernova trinary.  They always seem to know to jump in-system when I'm watching netflix.

Good old Diamond Khanate. The mystery science theaterish chalcas freeborn chatterweb warriors from the Chainelanes.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I still have to say...  It's probably best if the SharkFoxes don't become the IlClan in the upcoming timeline advance.  We stand to profit too much by supplying the rest of the factions with war material as they all struggle with each other either to be the ilClan, or to prevent the ilClan.

Traditionally, we make the most of a situation when we can keep both sides purchasing.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
That's an ideal conclusion if we don't get absorbed into the Ilclan. Ben Rome obviously meant that outline as a joke... but so far a lot of it is true with some name changes being the only differences.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Of course, now everyone on the Forums are going to be confused by the fact that several of us are using this glorious avatar simultaneously.

"YOUR ECONOMICAL AND LOGISTICAL DISTINCTIVENESS SHALL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN.  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
 ;D

Scrolling up in the thread right now is pretty surprising. Probably screenshot worthy.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
;D

Scrolling up in the thread right now is pretty surprising. Probably screenshot worthy.

Seems like someone has been spamming the thread.... ;D

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
That's because they're all talk no space walk! Here's a new descriptive for them. Car salesman, in spaaaaace 😉
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face