Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 236179 times)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
There's more to it, but each Khanate is the rough equivalent of a Galaxy and each Aimag, the rough equivalent of a Cluster. I say rough because there's a fixed number of Khanates (5) and each Khanate has a fixed number of Aimags (5). Where in any other Clan you see the numbers of Clusters and Galaxies rise and fall as the Clan builds or shrinks its touman, it's the size of the Sea Fox Aimags that get bigger or smaller.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We still have no comment on if the Sea Foxes are still cheating on their accounting though...

In the past a Diamond Shark Galaxy could be twice as large as another clans Galaxy. So sometimes on paper it seemed like you had a few clusters coming at you and in practice twice as many units were landing.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Which is why it is funny when the enemy commander doesn't actually read your bids, just skimming the summary.

Archangel

• Major
Which is why it is funny when the enemy commander doesn't actually read your bids, just skimming the summary.

It actually wouldn't be surprising considering that many rival Clans looked upon them with disdain due to them allowing their lower castes (especially the merchant caste) undue influence in areas beyond their station.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Actually I think the numbers were running that a Aimag was really 2 or 3 of the old clusters.  Which makes sense if they are down to 5 khanates because they had more than that for number of galaxies- basically I think I remember folks talking about a khanate being a frontline galaxy & spina galaxy . . . but we are also not told how the Fox worlds are actually garrisoned.  Is that where the garrison clusters went?  To places like the Chainlaines, Ibatianta, etc.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
We don't talk about the Chainlaines. *Deploys Watch Agents*

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Where are all the Sharks and Foxes hiding? Recent events have put me in touch with my inner merchant and I thought I would see who was around to represent my first faction.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I think they will come back out soon. :) Once Ilclan comes out. Just not much to talk about right now.

We always welcome anot her recruit to the good guys though. How are you?

Drewbacca

• Major
Still faction jumping. But the shark tank keeps drawing me back. So many possibilities.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Every time I watch Shark Tank on TV, I picture them as a DS/SF batchall in a biding war!

And when I watch Tanked, the aquarium builders, I think of them as Aerojocks describing a ToP.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Drewbacca

• Major
Two things: Reading the book that came with Solaris Map Pack, I am not surprised in that a good number of the Clansmen who have neem identified as involved in the fights are Sharks.

Secondly, where do I find info on the post Jihad Foxes?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
A little in Wars of Reaving, Wars of the Republic Era, Era Report 3145, and Field Manual 3145.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Drewbacca

• Major
Thanks.

Question time: What is the best Fox/Shark mech per era?

Drewbacca

• Major
From which TRO is the Tiberoun?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
From which TRO is the Tiberoun?
TRO 3145 Mercenaries
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Drewbacca

• Major
Thank you.

Drewbacca

• Major
Hey, everyone, I was reading through this thread and various sourcebooks, to catch up on my knowledge of all things DiamondFox when I found myself asking myself a few questions. Unfortunately I could not find answers, so I thought I would check with you all. Both came from rereading FM:WC.

1. What ever happened to the Ristar Jasmin of the Yungs. Did she get a mention in Updates or just the one in FM:WC?

2. Looking at the Cluster designations I am assuming that "Combined" means Aero and Mech forces, Assault is the equivalent of Heavy Assault units, a mix of Heavy and Assault mechs or asf, Strike is a mix of Heavy and Mediums like Striker units, but what about Cruiser. I do not remember seeing this designation anywhere else, and I get the feeling it is more along the lines or a Hussar or Light Horse but mech or aerospace based, but I would like to know for sure. THere does not seem to be any description of what makes a Cruiser Cluster anywhere.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
She commands Emerald Skate, and Emerald Skate was in FM:Updates, pg. 77.

As a member of House Yung, very few trials are undertaken for the Bloodname. While it is true she is of Yung bloodline, but not currently she's not named.

Trail runs cold in the Jihad...

Hope it helps?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
Can anyone take a stab what Shark-Raven relations are like in the post-3075 time frame?
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Ravens need stuff

Sharks sell stuff

Simple.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Ravens need stuff

Sharks sell stuff

Simple.

No Ravens break their stuff, and then Sharks sell them stuff that doesn't include the ammo or extra weapon pods or even the cost of shipping fees!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Can anyone take a stab what Shark-Raven relations are like in the post-3075 time frame?

There was the great warship swap as well.

I think the Shark-Foxes and Ravens are both pretty pragmatic about their relations. Largely indifferent, cooperate when necessary.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Even back when they were "rivals", to the extent that the Sharkfoxes actually HAVE any of those, I remember FM Warden Clans describing them as willing to do business with each other.  Granted, they were not feeling like they were going to be bosom chums at any point, but alienating everyone completely is bad for business.

Man, I should try to track down another copy/PDF of that.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Anybody interested in doing Warrior Trader ATOW over in the Campaigns forum? Thinking about running something. Though my time is going to get dicey after August 22nd for awhile.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I love how in the dark age unit listings there are all these mechs that the owner has because Clan Sea Fox won it in a fight somewhere and then sold it to them.

Fight a trial against some Ghost Bears. Take a Kodiak as isorla. Sell it to some dude in the Lyran Commonwealth...

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
Hello everyone. I am normally an Inner Sphere Merc/Davion player, but I want to build a Sea Fox Star for the Dark Age. Due to their connections with Julian Davion, I was planning on building a Tiburon Khanate Star. Other than the fact that it is a light star and Tiburon Khanate prefers heavier forces, does this star seem reasonable?
Tiburon
Crimson Langur
Koshi Standard
Pack Hunter
Grendel
All of these units are on the Sea Fox Dark Age MUL, but I am not sure if some of them would not be available to Tiburon Khanate in particular. Thanks for the help.
Venser
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Seems entirely reasonable to me. There's not enough info to say if any one Khanate has access to any specific designs, so I'd say that any "Sea Fox" 'Mech fits with Tiburon. Besides, you have the Crimson Languar, and that's awesome in and of itself.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Tiburon Khanate is pretty well off. They're not Ilkhanate or anything. But in the MechWarrior Unit documentation there was all sorts of hardware people had they bought from Clan Sea Fox that Clan Sea Fox won from fighting someone else.

So to be honest you can run practically anything.

The Grendel is still on the RAT. But that thing is a relic. They made it out on Arcadia before the Reavings and it hasn't gotten a new variant in a long time. Considering practically nobody is using Highlander IIC's anymore either I imagine that production line is done. Gotta spend the money for custom replacement parts. haha

The Crimson Langur isn't one of ours and isn't on the RAT anymore. So if that is in your Star it's someones Isorla and is gonna be harder to source parts for than the Grendel.

The Koshi is fine. Though you should also look at Koshi 2's because we make them. But Koshi 2's aren't exactly front line unit material.

Clan Sea Fox also makes the Solitaire. But the rest of our lights are kind of a mixed bag. 3050+ we were relying a lot on the Adder but no idea where we were getting them. 3058 and it's all Hankyu's, Adder's and Hellions.

It's probably just the nature of having 20+ clans and Clan Diamond Shark technically being a home clan. But they're just never fluffed as making any Light Mechs until the Tiburon. (And the Soltaire and Koshi 2) so before that I imagine everything is down to sweet trade deals. Why build at home when apparently all the Snake Clans have dirt cheap labor.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I guess to extrapolate on that a bit. Clan Sea Fox just doesn't make mechs. Not in 3050 or 3055. We're a Mad Dog Clan during Operation Revival. But everybody sort of is. Or maybe you just don't have to worry about making your own mechs when you sell Harjel to everybody.

I think our oldest documented mech is the Thresher... and it's an awful progenitor of the Summoner. We primarily built it to torture the population of Strato Domingo who have to manufacture it. It's true. Canon, look it up. (Don't.)

The Grendel and the Piranha are the first Diamond Shark mechs I know of in writing.

I think the Ha Otoko came next but was a cheap mech to sell to the Inner Sphere.

TRO - 3055 - We make Warhammer IIC's, Rifleman IIC's and Pheonix Hawk IIC's.
TRO - 3058 - Mongrel (Grendel) (facility that makes it is gone though.)
TRO - 3058 - Piranha
TRO - 3058 - Thresher
TRO - 3060 - Highlander IIC (From the same plant that brought you the Grendel.)
TRO - 3060 - Ha Otoko
TRO - 3067 - Mad Cat Mk II.
TRO - 3075 gives us the Crimson Hawk. Which is a light mech.
TRO - 3085 - Dasher II
TRO - 3145 - Koshi
TRO - 3145 - Black Hawk (mainly for sale)
TRO - 3145- Stalking Spider II
TRO - 3145 - Mad Cat MK IV
TRO - 3145- Vulture Mk IV
Various Dark Age Products: Mad Cat MK III - This thing is adorable. I love it.

Everything else we get through blood and harjel lads. 

Update.... The Cave Lion ya'll.

It's also hard to say if we make Wendigo's or just have all of them.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2018, 12:11:05 by Kitsune413 »