Author Topic: What was the craziest thing you did in a tournament?  (Read 12959 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: What was the craziest thing you did in a tournament?
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2011, 14:28:09 »
I don't know about crazy, but it's the one I'll best remember. Still have the certificate for the fellowship of the event, but can't recall what, right off hand. I'll look and find out later.

Anyway. At the tourney, I took a full Merc force. I had some jump infantry with bypass, the merc Crimmy, and I think the Marksman piece, plus some extras. I faced down a Swordsworn force with another Crimson Hawk.

I lost my Crimmy early, but shortly afterward, captured the opponent's, bypassed it, and used it to win the game. Back in the day, the Merc builds were all about capture, with lots of flamers. It was fun.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

phoenixhawk

• Private
« Reply #31 on: 30 April 2011, 22:20:19 »
My CNC veteran Nova Cat stood toe-to-toe with an Ares mech in the Officer's Club game at Gencon the year the Ares came out. Took that sucker down! :) CNC 1, Ares 0

Chris

ChrisSymons1981

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2011, 02:42:43 »
My CNC veteran Nova Cat stood toe-to-toe with an Ares mech in the Officer's Club game at Gencon the year the Ares came out. Took that sucker down! :) CNC 1, Ares 0

Chris

serious respect points there mate
You Say Fiery Crash? I Say Dynamic Entry.

LordKnightFandragon

• Sergeant
  • Knights Republic, Forward for the Guard!!
« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2011, 04:25:26 »
Lol, how did your Nova Cat stand toe to toe and win? The Ares have terrible die rolls or what the Nova Cat not all you had?  I wont lie, the Ares were not even remotely as good as I figure they shoulda been but still.  Good work taking it out +D
Republic Lord Legionnaire Fandragon Crimsonspirit
Knights Republic of Lerlide
-Nothing will prevent us,  the Legionnaires of the Knights Republic from achieving the Ultimate Victory!

lonewolfsyndrome

• Corporal
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2011, 15:25:51 »
400pts worth of BR peasant's, One eyed Jack (Jupiter) 295pts, Dagger Di 141pts, Magpie Webster 24pts and the BR Faction pride 40pts.  [rockon]
« Last Edit: 01 May 2011, 15:30:58 by lonewolfsyndrome »

Now recurting for the Crimson Cerberus (MWOnline), Currently allied with the Brown Coats. PM me for details.

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2011, 19:52:07 »
Lol, how did your Nova Cat stand toe to toe and win? The Ares have terrible die rolls or what the Nova Cat not all you had?  I wont lie, the Ares were not even remotely as good as I figure they shoulda been but still.  Good work taking it out +D

Give it hyper laser RISC gear and Improved targeting/Pilot, and you're set.
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

phoenixhawk

• Private
« Reply #36 on: 01 May 2011, 21:49:51 »
No Hyper Laser. Only tried that one time and it failed me terribly so I never used it in a tournament that mattered. I do believe the only thing I used was the H IT and a +2 Attack, +1 Def pilot.

catman341

• Recruit
  • Insanity since 1985
« Reply #37 on: 10 May 2011, 00:49:57 »
Silliest thing i did that i can remember was roll 7 critical misses in a row in a 3000 point battle using highlander dice had the Sun Cobra in my army
sometime before that I had a largely Jade Falcon force and went in for no less then 4 dfa attempts against a Spirit Cat Sun Cobra all of the attempts failed
Was playing a capture a castle (home brewed) game third game I ever played still figuring out how to move my pieces around the battlefield saw that the castle was open in the next to last turn with no defenders and the only others people anywhere near enough to the castle wasn't near  an entrance and had to blow their way through the back wall (lack of jump jets) i managed to win my prize to take home Flavio
Cougar Battlemech-1,900,000 C-bills
6 er lasers 2 srm 2's engine upgrade and jumpjets  - 500,000 C-bills
Solaris Championship Entry fees- 400,000 C-bills
Being the only mech left out of two Dire Wolves due to not having to rely on Ammo- Priceless

Hey why is it getting hot and why am I in a handbasket

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 13 May 2011, 00:49:48 »
i managed to win my prize to take home Flavio
love the story... the only problem is that after the battle you end up with  "FLAVIO"     [metalhealth]
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

katya_Kerensky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 26 September 2011, 02:13:53 »
In Oh. during the event for mason dune's little timberwolf knock off I just had to have I salvaged an enemy mech late in the first battle causing it to salvage by ramming it with a recovery vehical     I number  crunched and crunched and figured out that was just the point amount needed to win
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."
City Fighting-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20092.0.html
Sword of Light-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18206.msg416054.html#msg416054
Lyran Guards-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18212.msg411418.html#msg411418
3rd Edition love-http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18214.0.html

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #40 on: 26 September 2011, 04:01:00 »
Back when they did the Caves scenario..I took Exarch Jonah Levin and Solitude....and used them
as BAIT while my Highlander Kinnols and Sniper teams did the real killing work
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Register