Poll

Which Piece is the most difficult to acquire?

Kal Raddick - Mad Cat
14 (24.1%)
Sgt Major Rusty Cooper - Long Tom
19 (32.8%)
Mason Dunne - Mad Cat
7 (12.1%)
Green (^) Rokurokubri
3 (5.2%)
Stefani Elhi - Zeus
3 (5.2%)
Gunsho Jun'ko Oshiro - Marksman
5 (8.6%)
OTHER
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: 01 September 2011, 03:07:51

Author Topic: Difficult Acquisition  (Read 13949 times)

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
Re: Difficult Acquisition
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2011, 14:21:00 »
Wow !!! You actually listed "Blitz" and "Copperhead" under difficult acquisition... I'm speechless!
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

eMouse

• Private
« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2011, 14:28:13 »
Headmaster and Echo 01... I remember having stacks of each in my prize support supply because everyone had them already. Had enough that any new player who showed up they'd get Headmaster and Echo 01 at their first event.

I think I managed to finish off the last of my Mech prize support at a local con event, which was a giant Solaris free-for-all. Had a bunch of heavy and assault Mechs, mostly prize support, some were just extras to fill out the ranks. Everyone got to keep the Mech they played with. Kills won pilots and gear, as did as getting knocked out.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2011, 14:39:26 by eMouse »

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2011, 14:52:19 »
Wow !!! You actually listed "Blitz" and "Copperhead" under difficult acquisition... I'm speechless!
Yeah, i know..............now that i think about it, quite a number of players had these units

Went back and fixed the list
« Last Edit: 23 March 2011, 14:55:03 by Snake Eyes »

eMouse

• Private
« Reply #33 on: 23 March 2011, 21:10:39 »
Well, don't take it too hard, some of us haven't looked around at the market for a while. We remember what piece availability was like when the game was going, but aren't necessarily aware of what it's like now.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #34 on: 23 March 2011, 22:57:55 »
I probably should look around the net and find out how much "Fu" is worth

LordKnightFandragon

• Sergeant
  • Knights Republic, Forward for the Guard!!
« Reply #35 on: 25 March 2011, 01:34:12 »
Well, I havent been looking for any of these units but in all the time ive played....since the release of the Age of Destruction Call to Arms event....I have seen only 1 Kal Radick, and i heard he had some seriously limited pieces of him ever made.  I think I have seen 1 Rusty Cooper as well...I dont even know what the others really even are, besides Mason DUnne
Republic Lord Legionnaire Fandragon Crimsonspirit
Knights Republic of Lerlide
-Nothing will prevent us,  the Legionnaires of the Knights Republic from achieving the Ultimate Victory!

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: 02 April 2011, 14:25:14 »
Random question but since blue base mechs were mentioned, anything special about a "Solitude" Atlas with a blue base?

dethtungue

• Corporal
« Reply #37 on: 02 April 2011, 14:48:05 »
Random question but since blue base mechs were mentioned, anything special about a "Solitude" Atlas with a blue base?

Solitude and pilot Exarch Johah Levin were the limited edition MW offering at several conventions attended by WK, in 2006 I think.  Tell me if my memory is faulty folks, but I think we were "allowed" to buy it if we purchased a certain amount of merchandise at the WK retail and demo area.  I think we were allowed two per person and it was heavily sought after by the ROTS players as well as by collectors and fans of the fiction.  Unlike other artificially scarce convention LEs, at least we didn't have to enter a lottery to be graced with the privilege to buy it like Dark Phoenix and Galactus, but I did stand in line for an hour or so to get mine.  It saw pretty significant circulation as it was offered near the height of MW games popularity.  Later it became a common LE sold on shmebay. 

As for it's value as a playable unit, it is a superior unit when used with Exarch Jonah Levin due to the high defense, Command and potential 14 attack, plus the ability to ignore damage from a crit miss.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2011, 14:53:55 by dethtungue »

LordKnightFandragon

• Sergeant
  • Knights Republic, Forward for the Guard!!
« Reply #38 on: 03 April 2011, 03:32:26 »
Oh yeah, Jonah was a nice Mech, served me well +D I know one time i got my dad's army to cower around a hillside because of the fear I would get the 13 or 14 attack and he didnt want the retribution.  I didnt attack for the same reasons..he was packing some serious heat in that army....he won on a friggin tie breaker die roll.....but if I remeber the score was VC1-0 VC2-0 VC3-0 for both of us haha.
Republic Lord Legionnaire Fandragon Crimsonspirit
Knights Republic of Lerlide
-Nothing will prevent us,  the Legionnaires of the Knights Republic from achieving the Ultimate Victory!

phoenixhawk

• Private
« Reply #39 on: 29 April 2011, 20:46:03 »
I, too, have never seen a "Deception" Vixen in person. I have the Warwolf. Have pretty much everything else. Rusty took a while to acquire, but a shrewd trade got him into my ranks. :)

As for non-uniques, a lot of the Wolf Strike stuff was pretty hard to get near the end. Not sure about today's market.

Chris

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 03 May 2011, 19:38:15 »
I probably should look around the net and find out how much "Fu" is worth
Random.......
I think 5 could acquire him!!!
good if you need it , sorry if you were trying to off load one

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: 06 May 2011, 05:42:52 »
Funny thing is since I've been buying a lot of secondhand collections I have a lot of "rarer" stuff but very limited on common things of certain types that should be in lots of boosters.

Like I have Mason and Stephani from the OP poll and something like 20 Mad IIC's (half of them Echo 01's of course but still 4 Vindication LE's and whatnot) but only 1 ATV, 1 Tracked bike, a couple of towed guns. My mechanized infantry and regular infantry collection is abysmal.

And then it seems a lot of people built armies certain ways and I have no Wolfhound or Cyclops or Longbow or Marader II or Raider. Only have 1 Stinger and 2 Vultures and one Madcat and it doesn't even have the normal loadout. But then I have a dozen Vulture Mk IV's, half a dozen Madcat Mk IV's, more Scourges and Koshi's and Ullers and Atlas Omni's than you can shake a stick at.

Madadh

• Recruit
« Reply #42 on: 06 May 2011, 07:51:40 »
I've recently be acquiring mechs off ebay for use in Battletech on heroscape terrain. Finding the Swordsword Cyclops has been my biggest hassle so far.

elite130

• Recruit
« Reply #43 on: 06 May 2011, 17:04:35 »
I never wanted the sgt mayor as it is an lousy shot, traded Kenneth with some japanese fella's.

I aquired 3 green rokurobi's I won them all in tournaments.

I won a lot of my collection....... up and including the undead lance....

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 07 May 2011, 15:56:50 »
What about the Liao Dropship?

I only WISH i had the STONES to Paint one oh my Dropships...   [drool]

Register