Author Topic: (Answered) (Errata) Command Console Cockpit BV Value  (Read 2674 times)

OmniscientQ

• Corporal
    • MegaMek / BattleTech IRC Channel
(Answered) (Errata) Command Console Cockpit BV Value
« on: 03 March 2011, 17:08:13 »
I couldn't find anything in TacOps specifying how a Command Console Cockpit (and more importantly, the second pilot riding in it) alters the BV of a unit. Based on similar situations elsewhere in the book, I think it's likely that the BV would receive the greatest skill mod of either pilot. (If Pilot A has a skill rating of 2/5 while Pilot B has a skill rating of 3/3, then the overall skill mod to the be based on a skill rating of 2/3). It makes sense, since only one pilot can be in control at a time. The other possibility that I could foresee, but would think the BV cost far too great for the potential benefits, is that both pilots apply their skill mods to the BV of the overall unit.

I'm pretty sure it should be the first option, but an official ruling would be nice. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 04:18:10 by Xotl »
Q v2.0, Cluster Violet-6
End Transmission

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Command Console Cockpit BV Value
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2011, 18:56:26 »
Apply the BV of the best skilled pilot. Compare the skills on the BV chart and whichever has the larger modifier is the one you use.  In the example below, the 3/3 pilot is used to determine BV as he has the highest modifier using the Tech Manual BV table on Page 314

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register