Author Topic: Zeus and Zeus-X arm questions  (Read 4538 times)

BrotherFluffy

• Private
Zeus and Zeus-X arm questions
« on: 30 July 2013, 10:57:37 »
Hi!  First time posting here, long time tech player.  I had a question about the arms between the various Zeus models. How interchangeable are they?  Could I use the arms from a Zeus-X on Stacy Church's Zeus?  What about using a regular Zeus's arms on an X or vice versa?
The Midnight Wargs Mercenary Company-Killing you not-so-softly.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Zeus and Zeus-X arm questions
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2013, 12:11:20 »
There is a bit of a size difference from the standard zeus arms, but the Zeus X and Church ones should swap fine.   If you are going to use the normal zeus arms on the later models,  keep them paired.  If you look up some of my Zeus mods you can see how they work out.

BrotherFluffy

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2013, 12:33:56 »
Thanks, I'll definitely check them out!   :))

Asmo

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2013, 06:50:12 »
I have assembled all three Mechs - Zeus ZEU-6S (20-814), Zeus-X ZEU-9WD (20-998) and the Zeus -X Stacy in the Black Widow Company Lance (10-035).

By far I found the Zeus X-Stacy in the lance pack the easiest to assemble and paint - I would recommend this miniature. Hopefully you can use the other mechs in the pack too.

Cheers,

Rob
"If words were wisdom, I'd be talking even more". I Choose - The Offspring

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2013, 09:09:08 »
I have assembled all three Mechs - Zeus ZEU-6S (20-814), Zeus-X ZEU-9WD (20-998) and the Zeus -X Stacy in the Black Widow Company Lance (10-035).

By far I found the Zeus X-Stacy in the lance pack the easiest to assemble and paint - I would recommend this miniature. Hopefully you can use the other mechs in the pack too.

Cheers,

Rob

Oddly, I found the same to be true (though i don't own a standard Zeus). The 'X' is a pain- those fins just don't like to fit on the miniature. The Church model, however, is just a body and two arms- no fins to fit on, which means they don't pop off when you lift the miniature either. They're much thicker as well, so they don't bend easily- which makes this a much better tabletop model. And, of course, it has great detail, better than the X does in my opinion. The only drawback, of course, is that it means buying the whole Wolf & Blake set to get it- so it takes a bit more financial commitment. But, that also does mean getting the other Mechs, and there's not much bad about that in the end, right?

However, to answer the original question, Church's Mech is a totally different sculpt than the other two, and the arms are a LOT bigger-enough to the point that I'd say interchanging isn't going to look good, at least glancing at my assault Mech shelf.  :-\
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2013, 19:51:37 »
I used the Zeus X arms on the standard Zeus and thought it looked great. Really beefed it up.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2013, 22:12:43 »
I used the Zeus X arms on the standard Zeus and thought it looked great. Really beefed it up.

Really? Can you snap a photo? I'm curious to see it now!  :)

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

BrotherFluffy

• Private
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2013, 09:39:58 »
Oddly, I found the same to be true (though i don't own a standard Zeus). The 'X' is a pain- those fins just don't like to fit on the miniature. The Church model, however, is just a body and two arms- no fins to fit on, which means they don't pop off when you lift the miniature either. They're much thicker as well, so they don't bend easily- which makes this a much better tabletop model. And, of course, it has great detail, better than the X does in my opinion. The only drawback, of course, is that it means buying the whole Wolf & Blake set to get it- so it takes a bit more financial commitment. But, that also does mean getting the other Mechs, and there's not much bad about that in the end, right?

However, to answer the original question, Church's Mech is a totally different sculpt than the other two, and the arms are a LOT bigger-enough to the point that I'd say interchanging isn't going to look good, at least glancing at my assault Mech shelf.  :-\

Well, I love the model for Church's Zeus and the original Zeus as I like the cockpit design better, but I don't want to go with Church's loadout for a variety of reasons, and I hate the fact that the original's arms are just straight.  So my planwas to take the arms from the Zeus X and put them on either the Zeus or the Church Zeus.  As to buying the lance box set, it actually works because I also want a Battlemaster and a Griffon, so all I will wind up with is an extra Uziel (O noes). 

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2013, 18:36:09 »
Really? Can you snap a photo? I'm curious to see it now!  :)

Here you go. I also bulked up the lower legs w/ greenstuff.

BrotherFluffy

• Private
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2013, 21:16:03 »
That looks great!  Nice paint job to boot!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2013, 22:37:36 »

Wait, are you saying the fins are part of the mini or that there are no fins at all?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Asmo

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2013, 08:01:30 »
Stormlion1: The fins are part of the arms on the Church Zeus - the Zeus X has the fins and arms as seperate. Getting them to fit and have a strong bond is tedious and requires modding.

Brotherfluffy: Battletech is not a WYSIWYG game. I understand that the Zeus X might fit your idea of what you'd like your Zeus to look like. Having built all three, my advice is still to get the Church Zeus-X in the boxset. Unless your handy with the green stuff, pinning and some metal files...

Rob
"If words were wisdom, I'd be talking even more". I Choose - The Offspring

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2013, 09:01:39 »
That looks great!  Nice paint job to boot!

Thank you. Not quite done but...

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2013, 09:12:36 »
That looks really good, I'm impressed! You win a cookie!

+Crow T. Robot+

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2013, 15:41:11 »
That looks really good, I'm impressed! You win a cookie!
yum yum yum

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2013, 18:37:36 »
Oh I have the regular Zeus X, and its painted up in Church's scheme but the fins are fragile, and if there is a choice I wouldn't mind painting up a new Zeus and stripping the old one and giving it a repaint.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Register