Author Topic: Clan Jade Falcon Thread II: Falcon Harder. I SAID HARDER!  (Read 213144 times)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Clan Jade Falcon Thread II: Falcon Harder. I SAID HARDER!
« Reply #90 on: 20 November 2014, 16:47:01 »
Thor D. I love its combination of mobility and accuracy, and it's ability to scoot around and act as a highly mobile sniper. It's never once done me wrong, and I've had nothing but success with it. It's ability to reach out and touch someone, even with an 'average' Clan gunner is impressive.

As you can imagine, Thor II D is having a similar effect
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: 20 November 2014, 19:12:02 »
Summoner D.  The Summoner is my favorite 'Mech and the D is my favorite canon variant.  The Grand Summoner and the Thunderbolt IIC are a pretty close second and third.  The extra IHLL on the Thunderbolt IIC relegates it to third for me

The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #93 on: 20 November 2014, 22:15:24 »
Okay, here's another discussion. As proud and true Falcons, what is your emotional favourite 'Mech in a weight class, and why?

For the heavies, give me a Summoner C. This is my boom stick. Okay, I'm not the most tactically sound player - "hey diddle diddle, straight down the middle" is my forte - and this 'Mech plays to that. Enough mobility and armour to get into trouble, and a large gun to get me out of it. Let us face it, Trothkin, the Summoner C is what the Lyrans would like to have in their recon lances, quiaff?

Not a Falcon, but there are a whole ton of Falcon Mechs I love (most of them for aesthetic reasons, but hey!)

Summoner, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Turkina, Kit Fox...all mechs that I love!
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 20 November 2014, 22:28:57 »
Not a Falcon, but there are a whole ton of Falcon Mechs I love (most of them for aesthetic reasons, but hey!)

Summoner, Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Turkina, Kit Fox...all mechs that I love!

Methinks we should start a round of Harvest Trials ...  ^-^
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 20 November 2014, 23:47:15 »
My favourite:

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #96 on: 20 November 2014, 23:51:48 »
My favourite:

Of course you like the Hellbringer, the Horses invented the damn thing.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #97 on: 20 November 2014, 23:54:10 »

LOL!    ;D

Brilliant!   [applause]
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #98 on: 21 November 2014, 00:33:08 »
My favourite:

Fletch you need to stop standing between Worktroll and those incoming Gauss rounds.  The merchant caste is getting tired of constantly replacing your Hellbringers.   ;)
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #99 on: 21 November 2014, 00:33:27 »

And failed to hold it ...

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: 21 November 2014, 03:44:30 »

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #101 on: 22 November 2014, 01:46:20 »
from a writers point of view, the Wolves and the Falcons have been at each others throats for a long time...post golden century and more 3000 AD plus ? (feel free to correct), fast forward to 3145 AD plus in timeline, the evolution of both factions, including massive territory shifts and gains since the start of the Clan Invasion (IE Wolf Empire, "Malvina's OZ" expansion, seems to be setting the two up for a massive show down...almost as, it started with those two, and it will "end" with those two   

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #102 on: 22 November 2014, 10:55:47 »
from a writers point of view, the Wolves and the Falcons have been at each others throats for a long time...post golden century and more 3000 AD plus ? (feel free to correct), fast forward to 3145 AD plus in timeline, the evolution of both factions, including massive territory shifts and gains since the start of the Clan Invasion (IE Wolf Empire, "Malvina's OZ" expansion, seems to be setting the two up for a massive show down...almost as, it started with those two, and it will "end" with those two   

Agreed.  Wolf/Falcon conflict has been building ever since the Wolf Clan and Jade Falcon sourcebooks. 

I look forward to seeing what happens.  Only one faction can control Terra, and I don't see either the Falcons or the Wolves allowing the other to have an easy time of conquering the home world of humanity. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 22 November 2014, 11:32:12 »
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I still want to see this.

1) wolves take terra
2) Malvina throws a hissy and employs a scorched earth policy on terra rendering the planet uninhabitable.  For the first time in man's history, the umbilical cord is cut.
3) Someone in the falcons decides enough is enough and she's taken out.  Further power struggles are cut short as the falcons find themselves on the defensive from almost everyone.
4) Falcons lose some territory (mostly from the upper end of the map), but survives.  With so many major factions already in all out war the most they can really do is throw token forces at the falcons.

In the more distant future with earth no longer in the picture, people start looking outward.  Maybe a few start wondering why we haven't heard anything from the home world clans in awhile.   The inner sphere still sees it's share of large conflicts while the outer sphere sees a lance of mechs holding whole planet colony.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #104 on: 22 November 2014, 11:53:26 »
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I still want to see this.

1) wolves take terra
2) Malvina throws a hissy and employs a scorched earth policy on terra rendering the planet uninhabitable.  For the first time in man's history, the umbilical cord is cut.
3) Someone in the falcons decides enough is enough and she's taken out.  Further power struggles are cut short as the falcons find themselves on the defensive from almost everyone.
4) Falcons lose some territory (mostly from the upper end of the map), but survives.  With so many major factions already in all out war the most they can really do is throw token forces at the falcons.

In the more distant future with earth no longer in the picture, people start looking outward.  Maybe a few start wondering why we haven't heard anything from the home world clans in awhile.   The inner sphere still sees it's share of large conflicts while the outer sphere sees a lance of mechs holding whole planet colony.

On the whole, I'm a fan of more "Exploration" based scenarios.  The only trouble is, if you go in certain directions, you don't run into anyone to fight with your big stompy robots!

But yeah, I am in favor of the general idea of your scenario here.  The Falcon/Wolf Rivalry HAS always been a big part of the game, and I feel like it deserves a massive blowup.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 22 November 2014, 12:09:17 »
On the whole, I'm a fan of more "Exploration" based scenarios.  The only trouble is, if you go in certain directions, you don't run into anyone to fight with your big stompy robots!

You might not have anyone to fight when you first find the planet, but you will once others find out you have it.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #106 on: 22 November 2014, 12:18:12 »
You might not have anyone to fight when you first find the planet, but you will once others find out you have it.

Raven:  "Hey guys, you'll never guess what we found!  A planet made ENTIRELY OF BACON!"
Sharkfox:  "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TRIAL OF POSSESSION FOR THE BACON PLANET!"
Falcon:  "Neg!  I SHALL TURN PLANET BACON BROWN, CRISPY, AND DELICIOUS FOR THE GLORY OF THE FALCONS!"

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #107 on: 22 November 2014, 13:11:27 »
Falcon:  "Neg!  I SHALL TURN PLANET BACON BROWN, CRISPY, AND DELICIOUS FOR THE GLORY OF THE FALCONS!"

Seyla!

HuronWarrior

• Sergeant
« Reply #108 on: 10 December 2014, 09:31:28 »
So I'm considering adding a Clan as a part of my collection, I want to pick a favorite and I already have one bird-related faction as my main.

Green Pigeons, sell me on your clan. What makes you love it so? To me, from what I know of them, the Falcons seem like the quintessential clan: strong warriors, proactive crusader mindset, and set up to fight Lyrans all day, 'err day.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #109 on: 12 December 2014, 14:03:55 »
Hi, Jade Falcon thread! Been a while. I'm curious about SaKhan Ryan Pryde. Do we know anything about him? Specifically, I'm wondering if A) he's closely related to Bryan Pryde and B) it's likely that in a few years we'll see a "Yan Pryde".

Also, heavy 'Mech, Flamberge 3. Tolerate no substitutes.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2014, 18:38:23 by Diplominator »

Rtifs

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #110 on: 12 December 2014, 14:46:42 »
As far as I know he’s just a name.  I can't find any references to him in FM 3145 and ER 3145.  He’s probably a diehard mongol that was hand-picked by Malvina from among her Delta Galaxy.  But we really don’t know anything about him.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: 12 December 2014, 19:52:28 »
So I'm considering adding a Clan as a part of my collection, I want to pick a favorite and I already have one bird-related faction as my main.

Green Pigeons, sell me on your clan. What makes you love it so? To me, from what I know of them, the Falcons seem like the quintessential clan: strong warriors, proactive crusader mindset, and set up to fight Lyrans all day, 'err day.

Except they're generally not the best at everything, usually falling into the "second or third best" category giving them a massive chip on their shoulder.  They're also proof that you can excel despite the Way of the Clans rather than by ignoring or flouting it.  The tactics and ideas that made Aidan Pryde a standout are sort of SOP among the Wolves, but he did it without ever bypassing, betraying or ignoring the rules like Ulric, Phelan or Natasha.  The Falcons are cunning merchants without having to resort to the "Warrior/Merchant" mindset of the Sharks/Foxes.  They've conquered and rule an invasion corridor without having to fall back on the appeasement and assimilation tactics of the Ghost Bears, Snow Ravens or Nova Cats.

To be Jade Falcon is to realize that you will always have to work twice as hard to get half the respect that other Clans get, yet being mostly okay with that because you know you haven't betrayed the Founder's vision or ideals like the rest of your dezgra brethren.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #112 on: 12 December 2014, 20:00:50 »
Except they're generally not the best at everything, usually falling into the "second or third best" category giving them a massive chip on their shoulder.  They're also proof that you can excel despite the Way of the Clans rather than by ignoring or flouting it.  The tactics and ideas that made Aidan Pryde a standout are sort of SOP among the Wolves, but he did it without ever bypassing, betraying or ignoring the rules like Ulric, Phelan or Natasha.  The Falcons are cunning merchants without having to resort to the "Warrior/Merchant" mindset of the Sharks/Foxes.  They've conquered and rule an invasion corridor without having to fall back on the appeasement and assimilation tactics of the Ghost Bears, Snow Ravens or Nova Cats.

To be Jade Falcon is to realize that you will always have to work twice as hard to get half the respect that other Clans get, yet being mostly okay with that because you know you haven't betrayed the Founder's vision or ideals like the rest of your dezgra brethren.

And whine incessantly when you don't get your way.

I'm basing this off the entry in FM: Crusader Clans.  Seriously, the Falcons come off as SO whiny in that.  It felt like every other line was "but...but...IT'S NOT FAIR!"

(Ah well, you guys at least have Kael Pershaw.  Who is the BEST character.)

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: 12 December 2014, 20:05:18 »
And whine incessantly when you don't get your way.

I'm basing this off the entry in FM: Crusader Clans.  Seriously, the Falcons come off as SO whiny in that.  It felt like every other line was "but...but...IT'S NOT FAIR!"

(Ah well, you guys at least have Kael Pershaw.  Who is the BEST character.)

While I said that you have to be okay with it, I never said that you had to LIKE it or be quiet about it.  We definitely want everyone to know how put upon we are and how very tired we are of carrying the rest of your sorry carcasses...   ::)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #114 on: 12 December 2014, 20:12:26 »
While I said that you have to be okay with it, I never said that you had to LIKE it or be quiet about it.  We definitely want everyone to know how put upon we are and how very tired we are of carrying the rest of your sorry carcasses...   ::)

Clan Jade Falcon:  The One Australian Man that Nick Kerensky Delegated Everything To.

(Bonus points to people who get that).

And how awesome is Kael Pershaw?  I am afraid that, despite being a fictional character, he will one day show up at my house.  I am not afraid that he is going to beat me up and take my wallet.  I am afraid he is going to glare at me menacingly, until my wallet and my pants just magically wind up in his hands, while the video of this occurrence goes straight to Youtube, while he punches out a Battlemech.  THAT'S how awesome Kael Pershaw is.

Railan Sradac

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #115 on: 12 December 2014, 21:36:52 »

Yeah, this is what has always earned the Falcons respect from me. They're not the best at anything, they stick by their arbitrary, ridiculous rules no matter what it costs them and yet they still win, because they are Jade Falcons. A lot of the Clans' superiority complexes manifest by having them be shocked and aghast whenever they actually have to work for something (I'm looking at the Jags right now) but the Falcons understand that they're the best because they work their asses off and bleed for every inch of ground. I am always staggeringly impressed that they are the only Clan in the Inner Sphere that's never assimilated and never given an inch in their convictions.

And then when they decide they've finally had enough of that, when they've had it with being viewed as the Invader Clans' "special little sib", you get Malvina and the Mongols. And the Inner Sphere burns behind them.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #116 on: 12 December 2014, 21:47:37 »
Sharkfox:  "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TRIAL OF POSSESSION FOR THE BACON PLANET!"

Out of context its not as funny. But the delivery, capitalization and timing of this was top notch. I laughed.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 12 December 2014, 23:29:26 »
Kael Pershaw.  The only clanner to win what was agreed to be an unarmed battle in a circle of equals by shooting his opponent and getting away with it.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: 13 December 2014, 00:26:20 »
Kael Pershaw.  The only clanner to win what was agreed to be an unarmed battle in a circle of equals by shooting his opponent and getting away with it.

Well, at least he waited for the battle to start and there was an agreed upon Circle.  Phelan straight up murdered Conal Ward and then drew the Circle around his body...

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: 13 December 2014, 07:48:21 »

The agreement was to use only what was on their bodies, he just happened to have a laser pistol grafted into his.
Clan Jade Falcon:  The One Australian Man that Nick Kerensky Delegated Everything To.

(Bonus points to people who get that).

Futureama Hermes takes a break to get his mojo back.