Author Topic: Isolation's Embrace: Home of Clan Blood Spirit  (Read 217050 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: Isolation's Embrace: Home of Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #1140 on: 20 August 2011, 22:51:21 »
Why strip them? just get more  ;D
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #1141 on: 20 August 2011, 23:00:51 »
I agree with Hengist, just get more because down the road one never knows when you'll want them in the old scheme again. I have my own merc force painted up, 36 mechs, another Battalion of mechs in 1st FedSun Lancer colors with two companys of armor and aircraft, a Trinary of Blood Spirits, and dozens more painted up in various color schemes. The only time I strip anything is if I'm buying mechs off someone and want to use my own schemes on them.  Remember the more mechs, the merrier!  ;D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #1142 on: 20 August 2011, 23:29:31 »
What's the colour scheme you're using for them top?

P.S. I agree with Hengist and Stormlion, more mechs!

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #1143 on: 21 August 2011, 05:16:21 »
Dark green striping over a light green base color. The new scheme is basically the same but I'll be priming them with dunklegeld, and then using a green wash to blend the striping better with the base color. And the decals I was using were a set of WWI aircraft decals: this was from the days prior to Fighting Pirhana! And the paint job was my first attempt on mechs. A facelift would be a good idea. ;)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #1144 on: 21 August 2011, 06:17:56 »
Dark green striping over a light green base color. The new scheme is basically the same but I'll be priming them with dunklegeld, and then using a green wash to blend the striping better with the base color. And the decals I was using were a set of WWI aircraft decals: this was from the days prior to Fighting Pirhana! And the paint job was my first attempt on mechs. A facelift would be a good idea. ;)

sounds cool O0 I'd definitely like to see some pick if you get the chance and when they're done.

Raven Alliance

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #1145 on: 21 August 2011, 08:24:13 »

Make sure to pick some to keep in the old scheme...
I wish I had not stripped some of my earliest attempts, just so I could look back and see the improvement over the years.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1146 on: 21 August 2011, 10:22:26 »
Stormlion, did you  finish the Rocinante?
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1147 on: 21 August 2011, 11:24:12 »
Yeah, not the best pic though. Had to use my cell's camera due to my good camera having gone missing sometime in the last year. Used Bolt gun metal overall with some panels done up in mithril silver and testors platinum. Really hard to tell which ones though from the pic, windows are done with little yellow dots, you can see some of them in the pic and the engines and the parts in the mid were done with Dark Gunmetal paint. All painted up and nowhere to go other than the display case.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1148 on: 21 August 2011, 11:38:28 »
Thats mighty sexy brother  ;)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1149 on: 21 August 2011, 11:45:23 »
Its plain, the Spirits had themselves a very plain warship color scheme, heck it probably reflected starlight and made it easier to target!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1150 on: 22 August 2011, 00:28:13 »
The Plan is to do the entire Blood Spirit fleet at some point in the future, its just gonna take time until I can sit down and order them and get put into que for painting. I had the Rocinante for about two months before I ever pulled it from its packaging.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1151 on: 26 August 2011, 18:33:32 »
Stupid question, does anyone know how big of a merchant fleet the Blood Spirits had before the WoR? How many jumpships and dropships that weren't dedicated to the Warriors?

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1152 on: 26 August 2011, 18:54:23 »
I think the WoR said 1 star of merchant jumpers. I'm looking now but i don't see the reference.

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1153 on: 01 September 2011, 22:17:01 »
Where did you find that the Rocinante was a Black Lion Class Battlecruiser? I like the idea of using that class I just wondering where the reference came from.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #1154 on: 01 September 2011, 22:23:47 »
Where did you find that the Rocinante was a Black Lion Class Battlecruiser? I like the idea of using that class I just wondering where the reference came from.

FM:CC is one of the places, it's also listed in FM:U IIRC.

Raven Alliance

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1155 on: 02 September 2011, 19:31:48 »
FM:CC is one of the places, it's also listed in FM:U IIRC.

I cannot believe I forgot that since I haven't played regularly since 2005.

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1156 on: 02 September 2011, 19:42:17 »
Unfortunately today the Adders won a Marginal Victory over the Spirits. My friend Paul and I held a battle with the follwing forces:

Clan Blood Spirit Star: Warhammer IIC 3, Stooping Hawk B, Stooping Hawk C, Stooping Hawk E, Conjurer

Clan Davion Star Adder Star: Kingfisher C, Stormcrow Prime, Stormcrow E, Nova E, Conjurer

They won a Marginal Victory by blowing the head of off the Warhammer IIC 3 and that was the last round we were able to play. All of the other 'Mechs in both stars were really shot up but operational. This is the first chance I have had to play with the Stooping Hawk but they are great.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #1157 on: 02 September 2011, 20:01:01 »
I cannot believe I forgot that since I haven't played regularly since 2005.

Hah! don't worry, I can't remember anything at the best of times  ;D

Raven Alliance

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1158 on: 03 September 2011, 00:07:53 »
Unfortunately today the Adders won a Marginal Victory over the Spirits. My friend Paul and I held a battle with the follwing forces:

Clan Blood Spirit Star: Warhammer IIC 3, Stooping Hawk B, Stooping Hawk C, Stooping Hawk E, Conjurer

Clan Davion Star Adder Star: Kingfisher C, Stormcrow Prime, Stormcrow E, Nova E, Conjurer

They won a Marginal Victory by blowing the head of off the Warhammer IIC 3 and that was the last round we were able to play. All of the other 'Mechs in both stars were really shot up but operational. This is the first chance I have had to play with the Stooping Hawk but they are great.

Just curious, what piloting/gunnery did you use for your Spirits and did your opponent use for his S'Adders?

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1159 on: 03 September 2011, 06:17:29 »
Just curious, what piloting/gunnery did you use for your Spirits and did your opponent use for his S'Adders?

Gunnery 3 and piloting 4 on both sides.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1160 on: 03 September 2011, 08:29:16 »
kind of poor for a BloodSpirit. usually they are 3/2 P/G...yes, we are that bad ass.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #1161 on: 03 September 2011, 10:47:02 »
yeah spirit forces will tend to have better pilots than your opponent like the other guys have said. isn't one of the spirit fluff rules they come out of the sibko with veteran stats?
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #1162 on: 03 September 2011, 13:33:53 »
isn't one of the spirit fluff rules they come out of the sibko with veteran stats?
Not that I can think of offhand, but look through FM:U's unit statistics and note just how many of them are Clan-level Veteran or Elite.  AKA 2/1 and 1/0...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #1163 on: 03 September 2011, 14:31:10 »
Not that I can think of offhand, but look through FM:U's unit statistics and note just how many of them are Clan-level Veteran or Elite.  AKA 2/1 and 1/0...

oh yeah, i know that, for some reason i just remember hearing that somewhere
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1164 on: 03 September 2011, 17:19:43 »
I thought that Blood Spirit mechwarriors got a bigger bonus when rolling P/G?

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1165 on: 03 September 2011, 18:22:16 »
We didn't roll P/G since it was a quick pick up game.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1166 on: 03 September 2011, 18:28:38 »
Try it, sometimes it actually makes for a more fun game. I won't tell you how many times I've had the most awesome pilot who couldn't hit the broadside of the barn while standing inside with the doors closed. It just gets funny.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1167 on: 03 September 2011, 18:58:42 »
We shall miss Karianna Schmitt and her 1/0-havin' badass self. :(
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Dukeroyal

• Sergeant
« Reply #1168 on: 03 September 2011, 19:06:20 »
Try it, sometimes it actually makes for a more fun game. I won't tell you how many times I've had the most awesome pilot who couldn't hit the broadside of the barn while standing inside with the doors closed. It just gets funny.

I will.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1169 on: 03 September 2011, 19:17:17 »
I was looking through The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky and I noticed something, Only Eden and Strana Mechty had higher populations than York which had 56,000,000 people (and 57,100,000  in 3074 according to 25 years of art and fiction) and Eden and Strana Mechty were shared between Clans while York was almost totally Blood Spirit (operating under the assumption there were a few Adders living in Caves) so when the Star Adders withdrew their troops and orbitally bombarded York, they commited an act of genocide greater than anything any other Clan who has since been destroyed or absorbed has ever done. In comparison to the Wolverines who may/may have not nuked a city, or the Smoke Jaguars who orbitally bombarded a Inner Sphere city the Star Adders are the greatest killers in history, maybe Amaris killed more people on any single world and  Kentares killed 52 million (52,000,000). The Star Adders are greater murderers than the Combine and possibly Amaris, not even sure about Amaris as I don't have any figures for massacres his forces may have commited. I'm also not sure what the population figures where for Honor and Haven so I'm leaving them out, or how many people had transferred between York and them.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2011, 19:31:28 by Stormlion1 »