Author Topic: MW5 Light and Medium only Run.  (Read 1433 times)

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
MW5 Light and Medium only Run.
« on: 13 December 2023, 06:16:04 »
Pushing Rep 8 in a career mode game with only Lights and Mediums, no pilots but the ones I started with + scripted ones (currently before Legend of the Kestrel Lancers) so Shenzeng is my dude and pushing hard to get Raptor from the Rival Intel chain before Kestrel starts.

Have Quarantine, Loup de Guerre, Anansi, the Valentina 7H Wolvie, HBK-4G, CN9-A, PNT-9R, VND-1X, BJ-1. Eyes peeled for Heroes at all times.

It’s starting to get interesting for sure. Any recommendations on other Mechs to keep a lookout for? I plan to pick up any Light/Medium Heroes I find if I can afford it, but what others have you found that you think punch up?

Of note; I have all DLC’s, but I’m a filthy console player so no mods.

Doglogan

• Recruit
Re: MW5 Light and Medium only Run.
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2024, 13:58:22 »
The Kintaro Golden Boy hero mech is my favorite medium, load it up with as many srms as possible and use it like a shot gun to the face.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2024, 14:15:51 »
tbolt is a zombie class mech along with archer...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2024, 11:37:43 »
tbolt is a zombie class mech along with archer...

Considering your current roster and progression in the game Blazzio, keep an eye out for the following Mechs:

Grasshopper (GHR-5H): Excellent for mobility and firepower.

Black Knight (BL-7-KNT-L): Solid energy weapon platform, can be a powerful addition.

Thunderbolt (TDR-5SE): Versatile and well-armed, providing both energy and missile hardpoints.

Catapult (K2): If you prefer missile-heavy loadouts, this can be a valuable addition.

Cicada (CDA-2A): A fast and agile Light Mech with good hardpoints for its size.

Phoenix Hawk (PXH-1K): Another solid Medium Mech option.

Remember, Hero Mechs are often unique and might have special quirks or equipment, making them valuable additions to your lance. Adapt your choices based on your preferred playstyle and available weapon systems. Good luck with your career in MechWarrior 5!

He asked for Light and Medium recommendations.
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2024, 12:04:10 »
Also, what’s with that random link? What is Blazzio and how is it relevant to MW5Mercs? Hell, half those recommendations are nonsense; the CPLT-K2 can’t even mount missiles, that’s an energy/ballistic variant!

WRT the topic at hand, I think you have a very strong lineup already. Not a whole lot of heavier hitters in these weight classes in the game, by my understanding. I guess maybe a WLF-1 Wolfhound could be added to the mix. I’d prefer a WLF-2 myself, but I don’t remember if that’s in this game or not. If it is, it likely wouldn’t be available to you for quite a while. I don’t know how early Grinner starts appearing, but it’s in some ways a better version of the WLF-2, and can be effectively converted into one if need be. Your mileage may vary. The WLF-1 can also mostly turn into a WLF-2, but you don’t play with mods, so you can’t change the engine or its heat sinks, so if you want to play a WLF-2 without actually having one, get Grinner instead if possible.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2024, 23:43:17 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...