Author Topic: Help me make a totally new RS?  (Read 3180 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Help me make a totally new RS?
« on: 23 August 2018, 02:17:17 »
I'm trying to figure out how to build a new RS - something to miniaturize the existing armor diagrams to remove circles in favor of single lined spaces for Armor/IS values, to come up with something that could show multiple units (like a hovercraft APC and 3-4 BA squads/Stars) or a single tow vehicle with multiple trailers.

I used to photocopy sheets, cut out the parts I wanted, and tape them to a new sheet to get what I wanted - for example, a Lance of vehicles, or a "Battle Sheet" of 8.5x14 (Legal Paper sized) representing a Clan Star, with a pair of Mechs, 4 ground vees, and a Point of Elelmentals.

I know gimp should be able to work this - but how do I get the RS image from my digital copy of TW to the screen in Gimp so I can do the digital version of cut-and-tape?

*Ok, used Copy to put it in Word, should be able to save it as a PDF, and that gets it to GIMP.  Now, to cut the elements apart, so I can modify text blocks and such.
« Last Edit: 23 August 2018, 02:22:53 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Atarlost

• Warrant Officer
Re: Help me make a totally new RS?
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2018, 23:24:49 »
Well, Gimp does rastor graphics anyways so you could just open the PDF and take a screen capture. 

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: Help me make a totally new RS?
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2018, 23:26:16 »
Ah.  I'm used to Word, graphics are all greek to me.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Register