Author Topic: IO - Communications Implants  (Read 2764 times)

Bandit Queen

• Corporal
IO - Communications Implants
« on: 27 December 2018, 08:10:40 »
There are two types of Cybernetic Communications Implants (IO, p.78), the standard and the Boosted model.

1)    Any Infantry unit using these implants while spotting for an indirect LRM attack gives that attack a -1 to-hit modifier.  Will these implants, in an Infantry unit, also provide a -1 to-hit modifier when spotting for an Artillery attack?

2)   Boosted Communications Implants allow the equipped units to "link up with a friendly C3i network as long as the network is not full, even if the unit does not possess a C3i computer of its own".  Does this mean that one unit in this C3i network must contain a real C3i computer?  If not, may different Boosted Communications Implanted units link up only with each other, and function just like a normal C3i network?

3)   Will ECM jam the Boosted Communications Implant per the normal rules?

4)   BM, IM, BA, CI, CV, SV are listed under the Unit Types for these two implants.  Using Mixed-Tech rules for the Boosted Communications Implant and normal rules for the Communications Implant (IO, p.223), can a ProtoMech unit use either one of these implants?  The Augmentation Limits Table (IO, p.77) list a maximum of 2 Mods for Other Unit Type, suggesting that this is possible with a faction such as the Society.

5)   When calculating the Battle Value for these implants (IO, p.190), should the Communications Implant's Piloting Skill modifier only apply to Infantry units?  Other units just receive a -1 to-hit when spotting for for indirect attacks.

6)   For the Communications Implant's BV skill modifier, do Infantry Units have their Anti-'Mech Skill modified instead of the Piloting Skill?

7)   When calculating the BV for the Boosted Communications Implant (IO, p.197), a cost of 5% the total network's BV is applied to this unit.  Is the regular Communications Implant's BV skill modifier also applied to a unit using the Boosted version?
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 19:52:54 by Xotl »

Bandit Queen

• Corporal
Re: IO - Communications Implants
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2019, 06:19:38 »
Bump #1.

Bandit Queen

• Corporal
Re: IO - Communications Implants
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2022, 06:30:17 »
Bump #2.  Cybernetic Communications Implants are now found on p.72 in IO:AE.  The Augmentation Limits Table is p.71, while the Battle Value for these implants is on p.184 and p.191.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2022, 07:35:58 by Bandit Queen »