Author Topic: Even more mech design decisions that make no sense  (Read 35437 times)

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: Even more mech design decisions that make no sense
« Reply #210 on: 08 August 2019, 19:27:18 »
Tell us the truth, are you disappointed people avoid the Targe?

my problem is the Targe and Mjolnir occupy the same area in my memory so it's kind of overshadowed by the other, more terrrible choice.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #211 on: 08 August 2019, 21:10:31 »
Like the Storm Raider?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #212 on: 09 August 2019, 06:36:22 »
my problem is the Targe and Mjolnir occupy the same area in my memory so it's kind of overshadowed by the other, more terrrible choice.

Curse you! I just imagined a Mjolnir with ammo in the legs. Not because it needs the ammo, just because it's the only way to make it worse.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #213 on: 09 August 2019, 08:58:38 »
Curse you! I just imagined a Mjolnir with ammo in the legs. Not because it needs the ammo, just because it's the only way to make it worse.

Really?  Where did I put those compact heat sinks....
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #214 on: 09 August 2019, 09:07:28 »
Ammo on legs isn't usually very bad. I'm assuming standard rules, no floating criticals (i don't like that rule) and assuming a design doesn't have MASC for self-inflicted leg crits. Can't TAC legs, legs are usually pretty sturdily armored, and partial cover blocks damage on legs. And should there be a critical hits, legs always have four slots used up, reducing odds of an ammo explosion.

Register