Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: Jupiter  (Read 20433 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: 'Mech of the Week: Jupiter
« Reply #60 on: 05 January 2020, 18:14:09 »
Want to improve one enormously? Drop the original legs for Tundra Wolf replacements. Same sculpt on the original DA minis for the legs (like the Thor/Loki), but the T-Wolf's legs turned out much better- it makes a huge difference. The missiles are still kind of a mess, but the leg swap helps a ton.
Cool solution! Maybe IWM listen to that!  I have to revisit my two Jupiter minis one per variant redo them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #61 on: 05 January 2020, 18:52:46 »
Unless the Jupiter 3 is super popular, it would have to be fan financed. IWM can't afford to just toss away molds and pay for a new one unless there is already a demand.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #62 on: 05 January 2020, 22:15:03 »
I doubt the Jupiter is anywhere close to being that popular.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #63 on: 05 January 2020, 22:18:32 »
Jupiter was go to mech for early Dark Age novels.  It IS game stats very solid mech.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #64 on: 05 January 2020, 22:26:58 »
Early Dark Age novels seemed to be promoting the new mechs.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register