Author Topic: Unable to download files posted on forum  (Read 2184 times)

BrutusTheCat

• Recruit
Unable to download files posted on forum
« on: 05 April 2020, 12:21:22 »
Anytime I try and download a posted link, namely the MekHQ AtB rules, I get redirected to an "Error has Occurred" Webpage stating that I don't have permissions to download or view attachments. Any ideas?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Unable to download files posted on forum
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2020, 12:40:21 »
Hmmm... I've never seen that particular error before.  You are logged in when you try to download, right?  If so, hopefully an Admin will be by shortly...

BrutusTheCat

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2020, 12:44:34 »
I just double checked that I was logged in when trying to download, still no luck. Thanks for looking, I guess I'll wait for an admin to be around!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2020, 12:47:39 »
Best of luck with the Admins!  And the "prove you're human" nonsense goes away after 10 posts... Welcome to the forum!  :thumbsup:

Gallienus

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2020, 15:46:47 »
Also having this issue. @BrutusTheCat, did you get any resolution to this?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2020, 19:17:25 »
Maybe it's related to the prove your human thing?   If that's the case, just head to the painting and building forums and leave some constructive feedback until you hit 10 posts.  Alternatively, there's a couple silly threads in the off topic section that should be pretty easy to join without getting spammy.

I had(still do really) an issue with clicking on attached images giving me a broken image icon instead of expanding the image, but I can still see the image if I right click on it and tell it to open in another tab.  Maybe try that with the files you're after?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Gallienus

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2020, 20:29:34 »
Hmm. Well, it's not a "prove you're human" thing; the issue seems to be confined to the AtB 2.31 rules. Attachments in other threads are working dandy.

C'est bizarre.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2020, 21:07:04 »
The problem is that the URL given for the download (typed in by hand, I should add, rather than generated by the forum software) is incorrect.

The given URL looks like this:

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/megamek-games/campaign-rules-against-the-bot-thread-4/?action=dlattach;attach=29623

But it should look like this:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=45803.0;attach=29623

Go ahead and try that second one; you'll get your download.

And now that I notice the date on that post is waaaay back in 2015, I'm thinking the download link format probably changed some time in the past 5 years. I don't recall for sure, though.

Gallienus

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2020, 00:04:38 »
Worked a treat. Much obliged to you.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2020, 00:33:46 »
there was indeed a change in how threads are linked... 2015-16 i think (i distinctly remember having to change all the links in my sig). you can see the forum used to store threads by alphanumeric name - the change gave all the threads a number.

this is going to be a problem with any links previous to the change... fortunately I don't think it's going to be more than the occasional inquiry. amusingly, this iteration of the forum has now been active longer after the link change than it was before.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?