Author Topic: How to make a package that looks like...  (Read 191 times)

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
How to make a package that looks like...
« on: 25 April 2024, 17:12:23 »
My youngest kid is Autistic. My youngest kid loves Spong Bob Square Pants. I suspect his ability to communicate with his world has been helped greatly because of the SBSP IP...

Here's my dilemma. We purchased a PC game without the original packaging. Kid's like awesome! (where the hell is box?). My wife, having had the ability to move mountains because of all her children, did not bat a eyelash and MADE a box, with lots of printer ink, paper and tape.

What I would like to do (because Ebay is ridiculous) is make a proper box, just like how it would be Manufactured. My question is, HOW? My Navy Legacy Threat Assessment system still works and immediately prompted Concerns[tm] on this, because lawyers sue people for doing things like this (when it comes to making a buck on stuff like that), I would imagine. So first off, is it possible at all (let alone worth the risks) and even if i was allowed, does it require a factory setting worth of equipment to do it?
« Last Edit: 25 April 2024, 17:14:38 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

elf25s

• Major
Re: How to make a package that looks like...
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2024, 19:29:58 »
it comes down to paper...fed ex usually has good speciallty one off printers(one by me in east brunwuck has a blueprunt printer that is able to print sheets as big as 6 X10 ft)...check with them or any business that specilse in offsite office...here on east coast office max/depot had that service until staples absorbed them
and as i recall it could run you up to 20 usd or more...oth look around craiglist or your local garage sales you may be able to get stuff for free or for less than a 1doillar
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2024, 11:27:58 »
I think maybe go to a thrift store and get a right-sized game-box.

Carefully open it up and unfold it.

Trace the full, un-folded shape on Bristol-Board with pencil.

Cut out the shape with a hobby scalpel and glue it together in correct box-shape.

Hope this helps.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Falchion

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2024, 00:34:46 »
I think maybe go to a thrift store and get a right-sized game-box.

Carefully open it up and unfold it.

Trace the full, un-folded shape on Bristol-Board with pencil.

Cut out the shape with a hobby scalpel and glue it together in correct box-shape.

Hope this helps.

To add to this, you could try printing out the box art on some nicer lightweight photo paper and tacking it to the box with spray adhesive, since not all printers are made equal and might not be able to feed bristol or other cardstock properly.
The one, the only, the unnecessary Falchion!