Author Topic: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4  (Read 219826 times)

Snimm

• Lieutenant
Re: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4
« Reply #900 on: 05 March 2018, 13:14:16 »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  So I'd have to also extrapolate parts availability/restrictions within contracts for those.

I have so many ideas just revolving around a...relaunching of 3025 given the recent design challenge AU thread I've been dominating lately.  Up to somehow creating a RAT table which includes a bunch of those designs.  It requires more energy than I'd ever have to implement, but maybe I can do the lite version of just extinct parts available.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

Senorsuperman

• Recruit
« Reply #901 on: 07 March 2018, 06:38:25 »
So maybe its just because I'm new on this forum, but it won't let me download the ATB Rules... I'm really itching to try it.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #902 on: 07 March 2018, 09:15:37 »
If you download the latest version of MekHQ (https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/releases/tag/v0.43.8), the AtB rules are in the docs/atb stuff subfolder.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #903 on: 07 March 2018, 09:44:47 »
So maybe its just because I'm new on this forum, but it won't let me download the ATB Rules... I'm really itching to try it.

They are also in the docs folder in the release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Senorsuperman

• Recruit
« Reply #904 on: 07 March 2018, 10:29:13 »
ok thanks, I was using an older MekHQ

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #905 on: 08 March 2018, 00:05:45 »
Here's a piddling aside question that I'm curious how people would or do handle:  If you're not using instant delivery, should parts and Mechs be able to reach you while you're in transit?  Or do you force yourself to wait and receive ordered items before dusting off for a new planet?

I realize that changing anything from how it's handled now is asking for a nightmare of micromanaging.  I'm just curious if anyone's spent much time dwelling on this.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #906 on: 08 March 2018, 00:18:46 »
On an unrelated note, we're at a point where the pilot SPA tables need a serious reworking within the AtB rules, aren't we?

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #907 on: 08 March 2018, 11:08:21 »
I roleplay that I pick up the parts while the jumpships are recharging

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #908 on: 08 March 2018, 13:13:19 »
 If I am heading to a Garrison contract, I just say the parts are there waiting on my arrival. If, on another type mission.......raid, assault etc, the parts are waiting on me at the LAST planet of my employer (my staging base), before entering enemy territory, for my arrival. Same for pirate hunting, closest planet of my employer is the location of my base of operations for that mission and that is where all my parts will arrive at.

It is just easier for my thinking, than parts arriving will nilly all along my jump route. Since the current MekHQ cannot split units up, you deploy entire force. I head wave that a certain amount of my force is on the closest employer planet with all my dependents etc. Since I run large units, I don't need multiple regiments hunting pirates. But I rarely take those missions once I hit a certain size. My 2784-First SW units are large multi regiment in size, but I can head wave that the pirate force is some left over Amaris unit that went pirate after the fall.

Some day, we might be able to deploy forces to multiple planets for different missions etc. And it is on my wishlist.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #909 on: 08 March 2018, 13:43:12 »
On an unrelated note, we're at a point where the pilot SPA tables need a serious reworking within the AtB rules, aren't we?

I think most of us already houseruled a few in, I left them out of the spreadsheet but I've added all the SPAs into my campaigns.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #910 on: 08 March 2018, 15:00:10 »

you can hit me up on my email if you want to take a look at the last proposed version of the SPA table. This is from the Slack #atb channel.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #911 on: 08 March 2018, 16:17:54 »
2nd Acr, I think the term is "hand wave," but I have to admit I think I like "head wave" now that I've seen it. :)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #912 on: 08 March 2018, 17:12:02 »
 I prefer head wave over head canon, or some times even hand wave. Hand wave I use when I err bad like..............forget all my infantry in 2784 are ex SLDF and have to go back in and arm them with Mauser 960 after a few years game time. Or like in one campaign I started in 2765, realized that mistake roughly 2773 and did the same thing.

Head wave, is how I wrap my head around something like the supplies reaching me on time even when I am changing jump routes etc. It's either that or I am blessed with a Logistic's command that practices witch craft.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #913 on: 08 March 2018, 21:49:39 »
Witchcraft.  Definitely.  What, the sacrificial chickens on order weren't a tipoff? ;)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #914 on: 08 March 2018, 23:51:18 »
For parts delivery I always setup it up to be min: transit time to the planet (or 1 day if traveling in space) and then + 2D6 - Mos.  And RP that the parts/units arrive on another jumpship and get transported to mine by dropship if I am recharging or just jumped into the next system.  Taking deliveries in space while docked to a jumpship always made sense to me.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #915 on: 13 March 2018, 16:35:37 »
Is there any way to force MHQ to allow me to refit extinct parts?  I want to, for example, slap a Light AC/5 on a Dragon.  It isn't available for refit even though I have it in stock.  Game year is 2900.  I would suppose this is a hard-coded issue?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #916 on: 13 March 2018, 17:14:41 »
All parts are all hard coded Snimm. Turn off every single control. Do not try a refit in MHQ. Make your design in MML and then do a Custom from there.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #917 on: 18 March 2018, 23:05:37 »
Refresh my memory on how the Leadership skill affects retirement/defection rolls.

So at level 0 Leadership, you should be able to have 12 combat AND 12 support personnel with no penalty, correct?

The AtB rules state it's +6 per level of leadership, so
at level 1 Leadership, you should be able to have 18 combat and 18 support personnel, at a maximum, before penalties to the retirement rolls occur?  Am I correct?

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #918 on: 19 March 2018, 05:42:52 »
Refresh my memory on how the Leadership skill affects retirement/defection rolls.

So at level 0 Leadership, you should be able to have 12 combat AND 12 support personnel with no penalty, correct?

The AtB rules state it's +6 per level of leadership, so
at level 1 Leadership, you should be able to have 18 combat and 18 support personnel, at a maximum, before penalties to the retirement rolls occur?  Am I correct?

That is how it should work yes.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #919 on: 06 April 2018, 19:54:58 »
What does AtB require for a successful recon raid mission?  The mission brief states:

Victory Conditions:
One of player's units must reach opposite map edge and remain immobile there for 2 turns (not counting the turn when it reaches the hex) and then return to starting map edge while keeping more than 3/4 of force alive.

Observations:
Defender controls the battlefield after the battle unless the attacker destroys 50% of defender units.
If successful, attacker gains random bonuses.

I haven't had any random bonus applied at the end of one of these, though.  Is the bot looking for a particular mech to go to the opposite side or a particular hex for the destination?  What does it consider "immobile"?  I've had mechs just stand in one spot for 2-3 rounds after arriving, and I've had mechs shut down for two rounds.  Neither seems to count.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #920 on: 06 April 2018, 20:45:01 »
This is one of those things that you have to keep track of manually (just like you have to keep track of force destruction percentage counts manually).

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #921 on: 07 April 2018, 00:28:52 »
Ah, okay.  Too bad there isn't a random bonus button under the GM tools.  I thought the BV count was one of the MM options, under the Advanced Rules tab, and requiring double blind to be enabled.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #922 on: 07 April 2018, 05:57:00 »
Iirc it does work if you flee with the recon mech. It is probably enough to flee with any one mech, because I don't believe MM keeps track of that.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #923 on: 07 April 2018, 09:58:03 »
I will have to try that.  Thanks!

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #924 on: 07 April 2018, 12:47:34 »
If you are the attacker, you get the bonus if there is less than 50% of the enemy bv  left and you win the scenario.
That's what I've received numerous times. Haven't played much on the latest build yet.

yukamichi

• Corporal
« Reply #925 on: 07 April 2018, 14:28:53 »
I don't know if MHQ is coded so you need to have battlefield control (50%+ enemy destroyed), but RAW it's 1d6-2 bonuses, so it's possible to win the scenario and still not get anything.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #926 on: 02 May 2018, 17:25:54 »
Here's a piddling aside question that I'm curious how people would or do handle:  If you're not using instant delivery, should parts and Mechs be able to reach you while you're in transit?  Or do you force yourself to wait and receive ordered items before dusting off for a new planet?

I realize that changing anything from how it's handled now is asking for a nightmare of micromanaging.  I'm just curious if anyone's spent much time dwelling on this.

I actually have given this some thought.  Either I wait for things to arrive. Or, the enemy knows I'm coming and is waiting for me on arrival. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Lionel76

• Recruit
« Reply #927 on: 02 May 2018, 19:31:28 »
Hi, I was wondering if there was a Discord server for AtB development.

I'm trying to run a multiplayer co-op campaign of Battletech where one person handles MekHQ and battles are resolves via multiplayer. I'll likely have to use some house rules and maybe edit the existing rules as well. Is there a place I can get feedback/help on this and share my work?

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #928 on: 04 May 2018, 19:01:51 »
Question as to how the community thinks its best to handle a garrison contract when the planet changes hands?  Contracted by CapCon, Enemy FWL, but Hanse gave half the CapCon to his wife for a wedding gift...

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #929 on: 04 May 2018, 19:24:55 »
I'd say the contract should probably terminate immediately.  Cleanest way to handle it, anyway.  You could either make it successful or just cancel it.