Author Topic: Comstar Infantry  (Read 2022 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Comstar Infantry
« on: 22 April 2018, 09:25:52 »
If I wanted to use "standard" Comstar infantry, would I have to adjust one of the standard infantry units to Comstar equpiment? How would I label them?

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
Re: Comstar Infantry
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2018, 21:15:58 »
If I wanted to use "standard" Comstar infantry, would I have to adjust one of the standard infantry units to Comstar equpiment? How would I label them?

Per FM: ComStar, a Level I of infantry is the standard 28-man platoon and neither ComStar nor the Word of Blake use squads in standard deployments, so you really don't need to do anything in MegaMek to use them unless you want to use a particular weapon that the standard infantry platoons don't have.

Battlearmor is a bit trickier. FM ComStar put a BA Level I at four suits, but the Tech Manual updated this to 6 suits per Level I. A lot of the ComStar/Word of Blake BA is already set up like this in MegaMek, but I don't recall if there is a six-suit Inner Sphere standard squad or six-suited squads of the early Free Worlds League suits for the WoB.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2018, 21:42:47 »
Tech Manual also updated ComStar conventional infantry platoon sizes.  A Level I of Foot is six, six-trooper squads, and Jump is five, six-trooper squads.

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2018, 22:14:49 »
Tech Manual also updated ComStar conventional infantry platoon sizes.  A Level I of Foot is six, six-trooper squads, and Jump is five, six-trooper squads.

Blegh, shows how rusty I am.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2018, 22:33:12 »
No worries!  We all miss things occasionally (or at least I do...)

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2018, 08:00:06 »
Since the maximum size of a conventional infantry platoon is 30 soldiers, some of the ComStar formations would have to be split into two units. A foot platoon, for instance, would have to be two units of 18 (wich breaks nicely into three squads each).

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2018, 18:11:55 »
True, but ComStar Jump Troops are awesome...