Author Topic: Alpha Strike Board On The Cheap  (Read 2676 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Alpha Strike Board On The Cheap
« on: 14 November 2017, 15:15:26 »
After getting some games in now, just wanted to share some pics of our setup.  While I've invested into gathering minis, I have yet to do the same for a terrain board.  So for those on a modest budget, or just starting out and you don't want to spend a ton of money, this is for you  :)

The first two pics are from a scenario from our previous campaign, the second two are from the current one we're going through.  In any case, our setup, while basic, works great.  Surface is a 4'x6' green felt mat I had cut at the local fabric shop.  Also found some felt squares that could be cut up for water features (second two pics).  Bulidings are printed on 60lb card stock and are from the free download of the intro AS rules on the BT website.  The 'cliffs and hills' are rocks out of my little fossil collection.  For the stuff I had to buy (not counting minis  ;) ), all told it cost less than $30 and is more than enough to satisfy our needs for terrain.  At some point I'll invest in some better stuff.  Although I do need to get some trees...

And if anyone winds up being interested, I'm happy to share details on the action as well.  They've been fun  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index