Author Topic: Early Inner Sphere Maps and History  (Read 1234 times)

GoGo Yubari

• Sergeant
Early Inner Sphere Maps and History
« on: 14 November 2019, 14:05:25 »
I'm planning to use the 23rd and early 24th Century of Battletech as a setting for a campaign. It'd be a more Hammers Slammers style of era in some sense, and though it isn't very recognizable as Battletech, it'd have enough familiar elements that it would be fun for me and the players to play in. I tried to do some quick forum searches, but I couldn't find too many resources for this, so I'm asking if anybody here knows of any links that I should check.

I'm especially looking for maps that might show what planets are colonized/known and if any of the early states are shown. Of course, I have access to the House books, which show some of this, but only to an extent. I'm hoping some folks might have develop something on their own which I'm not familiar it. Also, some production/introduction dates for vehicles and the might also be of interest (though this information is pretty easy to pull up as lists from Sarna).

Let me know if you know where to look for this kind of stuff for the era!

BattleMech Production 3025: thread  list
GoGo's MWO BATTLE ROMs: CBT MWO youtube

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Early Inner Sphere Maps and History
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2019, 14:23:34 »
The Handbook series (Lyran Commonwealth et al) has historical maps of the various states going back to their founding. That'd be a good place to start
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2019, 15:37:29 »
iirc Era Digest: Age of War has some maps including some info on long-lost protostates like the United Hindu Collective

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2019, 18:28:45 »
MekHQ incorporates all the various early maps available from the Handbooks (and other sources) detailing about as well as possible the growth of the IS and the various proto-factions in its Interstellar Map, which updates as you progress the timeline, even if you don't utilize any other features.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2019, 20:02:15 »
And there's a really cool looped gif of the MekHQ maps around here somewhere... I'll post the link if I find it before anyone else does.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2019, 20:10:37 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2019, 20:24:25 »
Thanks for saving me the work!  I haven't even caught up on my thread reading yet...  8)

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2019, 21:17:47 »
And since that cool graphic doesn't show it, you can zoom in and see each of the systems and their details, travel between the systems, etc. So it's far more than just a visual map.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2019, 21:27:58 »
The latest version has a couple of bugs that need addressing, so give it a couple more days before downloading.  But yes, lots of space map goodness there.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

GoGo Yubari

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2019, 15:50:17 »
Thanks for the MekHQ heads up! I've played around with MegaMek, but not that so that's going to be very useful.

BattleMech Production 3025: thread  list
GoGo's MWO BATTLE ROMs: CBT MWO youtube

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2019, 07:39:57 »
iirc Era Digest: Age of War has some maps including some info on long-lost protostates like the United Hindu Collective

Following on from this, the XTRO: Primitives line of PDFs includes stats and record sheets for combat vehicles, air and spacecraft common to that era and the first generation of BattleMechs
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Register