Author Topic: Posiden Rises : Super heavy vs Medium and Light mechs  (Read 1674 times)

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Court Martial Hearing: 25 th May 3148
Charge: Giving aid and support to the enemy
Subject: Mechwarrior Thomas DeBruni
Excerpt from day three at 14:35 Earth Standard Time

DeBruni:  I swear Sir I don’t know where something that big could hide, but if that Drac and I had not worked together neither of us would have made it back .

JAG Howard Hinson:  Slow down son , please tell me exactly what happened that day.

DeBruni: Okay again I got separated from my lance when the Dracs ambushed us in the badlands on REDACTED . Lt Cooper was down, Chin and Forester where dancing with a pair of enemy Exhumers. That’s when I noticed a Centurion break and run, so I gave pursuit. I was about to catch him when my seismic sensors went nuts, the Centurion must have seen it at the same time because he fired his RAC at it, did a 180 and ran right at me.  I dashed past him figuring it had to be one of ours he was shooting at . Boy was I wrong.

The Game
We played a grinder with randomly rolled weight class for each player, super heavies take up a players Medium and Assault slot. I had a Gunsmith, and faced off with a Centurion 9D and a Poseiden super heavy. We play with the table top rules on a 4x8 table, with hills and light forest scattered around. We also use the home rule of floating critts for rolls of 2.

Turn 1:  Each player places and runs forward, but no one is in range to shoot. The Centurion player and I realize if we want to survive we have to focus on the big boy.

Turn 2: The Poseiden moves first, then the Centurion, I roll for MASC and make a run at the Poseiden ending up behind the beast . Weapons phase I got lucky, I hit with all my X Pulse Lasers, three of the shots scorch armor, but one roll was a floating crit on the Poseidens left arm. Box cars and armed severed.  His return fire only manages to hit with one ER Medium and 2 ER Smalls. Yeah for Reflective armor. The Centurion takes a shot but jams his RAC and misses the rest.

Turn 3: The Poseiden backs up , the Centurion walks behind cover to un-jam his RAC, I run for cover as well to cool off and setup for my next run at the Poseiden.

Turns 4-5: Both lighter mechs make runs on the Poseiden , but only beat up some armor. The Poseiden returns fire doing minor damage to both mechs, but on turn 6 does land a TSEMP hit on the Centurion. Luckily for the Centurion it’s only sensor interference. Fortunately this is the only round he lands a TSEMP hit.

Turn 6: Poseiden wins initiative. Both lighter mechs make an attack run, but make sure the big boy can’t get behind us or make it into physical range. This time he does some descent damage to both mechs , nearly breaching my center torso and taking my right arm off. Return fire from the Centurion does manage to get two head hits but can’t breach the armor. Luck this time falls to the Poseiden, the tech takes the hits like a champ .

Turn 7 - 9: Mostly a repeat of turns 4 and 5, but we do take the Poseidens right arm in turn 8.

Turn 10:  The Centurion and I both move up he advances the Poseiden hoping to finish at least one of us off.  While he does land some critical hits on the Centurion and spreads some damage around on my Gunsmith both survive intact. Mean while we are able to destroy his right torso, leaving him with little useful fire power. We call the game here due to time.

What a beast super heavies are, if it were not for some early luck he would have killed one or both of us. The Gunsmiths high speed was a life saver, and the X Pulse lasers extra range worked great. Normally the Centurion player and I would have shot at each other but with something that big on the table we could not afford to beat each other up. It was a good game and good time! :)

"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

TheMaster1955

• Captain
Re: Posiden Rises : Super heavy vs Medium and Light mechs
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2015, 09:46:24 »
I would like to say that the loosing of the two erppc on turn 2 was the end of game. With only 2 erm and 3 ers there was no punch left.  Bringing her back today just in case >:D. Today there will be a reckoning >:/! [skull]
Life: Some assembly required!

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
Re: Posiden Rises : Super heavy vs Medium and Light mechs
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2015, 16:43:17 »
But..................................PICTURES?
You know what rhymes with Sloth?

Register