Author Topic: Collaborative Roleplay Writing  (Read 2853 times)

ShiraUso

• Private
  • Just Shira will do :)
Collaborative Roleplay Writing
« on: 06 March 2019, 09:33:31 »
Hi guys, looking to do a Battletech roleplay that heavily slants into the realm of collaborative writing. Basically imagine a Battletech fanfic being written by two or more people. Linguistic and creative abilities are almost essential, unlike a regular roleplaying game to some extent, and the collaborative aspect brings decision-making and more interesting character interactions into the mix (things are a bit stale when the back and forth is between you and your other character, in my opinion).

What I will now give is the beginning scenarionof the story I have in mind. I’m willing to do a different starting altogether, but this is just what I personally have in mind already. If you do want to step up to do this collabrative with me, I will expect a certain level of committment. We all obviously have lives to get on with, but an interest in this is essential to its success. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

Main idea revolves around a small merc unit that originates from the Inner Sphere moving into the Outworld Wastes/Deep Periphery, as their unit isn’t big enough to find any good jobs in the Inner Sphere. This merc unit would end up being an elite force to be reckoned with in the wasteland that is the Periphery, and fat profit margins will hopefully be made.

My preferred time period is the Third Succession war, or in general the late 30th century to the early 31st. I’m much of a fan of the Post-Clan invasion, so I’d be grateful if you’d be willing to keep out of that area (I’m willing to do it if you really want to tho)
Anyways, this is the starting I have in mind:

Adrian (temporary name of the male PC), the leader of the now skewered merc unit ‘Ronald Ravagers’ was now facing a gigantic issue; his entire attacking force had been destroyed his latest contract in the Inner Sphere — he himself had barely managed to get out of that mess with what remained of his jump platoon infantry support. With nothing but his dropship, medical and tech team, infantry and light armour, his unit was just about ready to call it quits. His own savings were far from enough to help him get back on his feet too; making life suck pretty bad for him.

In a stroke of stupidity, Captain Derek of his jump platoon got into a fight with some other idiot in a bar after everyone had one too many drinks. Turned out that the idiot was Lieutenant Roy of the Exiled Hell Jumpers. Derek ended up beating the Lieutenant up pretty badly, so badly that one of his privates, who wasn’t stupid enough to get drunk in the midst of the chaos that night, dragged him back to base to get the medical team on him.

Next thing he knew, a flippin’ golden opportunity was on Adrian’s hands: Roy’s boss, some Atlas mechwarrior, had an extra light mech to spare, but was missing a dropship and the proper works of a merc unit to move out. Lady Luck was probably grinning ear to ear at him for his fortune to take such a great turn...
ドラゴンを死なせる

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Collaborative Roleplay Writing
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2019, 12:19:27 »
Sounds a bit like the old Fancouncil games from the late 90s and early 2000's. 
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

ShiraUso

• Private
  • Just Shira will do :)
Re: Collaborative Roleplay Writing
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2019, 17:15:11 »
Not exactly sure what that means but ok
ドラゴンを死なせる

Register