Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ground Combat / Re: Some questions about the game Battletech
« Last post by Eisenwolf on Today at 01:42:08 »
a) How do I calculate the heat level of my mech and what are the effects of overheating?

b) How do I use the critical hit tables and what are the chances of hitting a specific component?

Hi, and welcome to the game and forum.

First let me ask you a question. Are you still using the record sheets of the beginner box set?
If so then your confusion Is understandable and you should totally switch to the record sheets that come with the AGoAC box!

a) for the calculation see Southernsky's answer.
The effects show up on the heat data table of the record sheet that can be found on the lower right corner, adjacent to the heat scale.

b) Southernsky and Simon Landmine answered thus question allready perfectly.

I hope you can see it clearer now.
BattleMechs / Tiger [AU: Vela Corridor]
« Last post by Retry on Today at 01:01:11 »
Code: [Select]
Tiger (2638)
Mass: 90 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 325 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jump Jets: None
     Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Primitive
Armament:
     1 AC/20
     4 LRM 5
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 2638
Tech Rating/Availability: D/D-X-X-F
Cost: 8,029,780 C-bills
Type: Tiger
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Tonnage: 90
Battle Value: 1,412
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure 9
Engine 325 Fusion 23.5
     Walking MP: 3
     Running MP: 5
     Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sink: 10 0
Gyro: 4
Primitive Cockpit: 5
Armor Factor (Primitive): 230 21.5
Internal
Structure Armor
Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 29 35
Center Torso (rear) 10
R/L Torso 19 25
R/L Torso (rear) 7
R/L Arm 15 25
R/L Leg 19 31
Weapons
and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
LRM 5 Ammo (72) RT 3 3
4 LRM 5 RT 4 8
AC/20 Ammo (10) RT 2 2
AC/20 RA 10 14

Tiger (2811)
Power Plant: 270 Fusion
Armor: Standard
Armament:
     1 AC/20
     8 LRM 5
Introduction Year: 2811
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 7,534,830 C-bills
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Unofficial)
Battle Value: 1,705
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure 9
Engine 270 Fusion 14.5
Heat Sink: 16 6
Gyro: 3
Dual Cockpit: 4
Armor Factor: 279 17.5
Internal
Structure Armor
Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 29 46
Center Torso (rear) 12
R/L Torso 19 30
R/L Torso (rear) 8
R/L Arm 15 30
R/L Leg 19 38
Weapons
2 Heat Sink CT 2 2
4 Heat Sink RT 4 4
LRM 5 Ammo (48) RT 2 2
4 LRM 5 RT 4 8
AC/20 Ammo (10) RT 2 2
LRM 5 Ammo (48) LT 2 2
4 LRM 5 LT 4 8
AC/20 RA 10 14

Tiger (2972)
Power Plant: 270 Fusion
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
     1 Ultra AC/20
     8 LRM 5
Introduction Year: 2972
Tech Rating/Availability: E/X-X-F-D
Cost: 9,193,530 C-bills
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Unofficial)
Battle Value: 1,927
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure 9
Engine 270 Fusion 14.5
Double Heat Sink: 10 [20] 0
Gyro: 3
Dual Cockpit: 4
Armor Factor (Ferro): 277 15.5
Internal
Structure Armor
Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 29 45
Center Torso (rear) 11
R/L Torso 19 30
R/L Torso (rear) 8
R/L Arm 15 30
R/L Leg 19 38
Weapons
LRM 5 Ammo (96) RT 4 4
Ultra AC/20 Ammo (15) RT 3 3
4 LRM 5 RT 4 8
CASE II RT 1 1
LRM 5 Ammo (96) LT 4 4
4 LRM 5 LT 4 8
CASE II LT 1 1
Ultra AC/20 RA 10 15

Overview
The Tiger is the last of the Mechani Alliance 1st-generation Battlemechs.  Slow but well armored for its time, the Tiger packed a heavier punch than virtually everything else on the Battlefield not mounted on a Warship for its time.

Capability
Though the Tiger is slow even by modern standards, it can both take and dish a beating.  21.5 tons of primitive armor, heavier than some modern scout battlemechs, provides good protection, and made it virtually impenetrable against even the strongest Blasphelian tank cannons.  Armament consists of 20 LRM tubes with 3 tons of ammo enabling good long-range endurance, and a heavy arm-mounted AC/20 for repelling close-in attackers and bunker busting.

The original Tiger is notable for its usage of deceptive aesthetic traits.  In addition to the 20 LRM tubes on the right torso, the left torso has 20 fake LRM tubes portruding from the chassis- a leftover trait from a scrapped prototype that was left on the production model to make the Tiger appear more threatening at range and thus encouraging any hostiles to attempt to close in beneath their minimum range.  The second trait is a false hand and lower arm actuator on the right arm.  This vestigial structure is nonfunctional as a real hand actuator and merely acts to conceal the massive autocannon the arm mounts; these are blown off by small explosives to reveal the weapon when the Tiger pilot is ready to fire the weapon.
History
The Tiger battlemech, along with the Chafers and the Emerald Stag, was kept classified by the Kingdom of Machlor after the first prototypes were complete in 2632.  The three Battlemechs were part of PROJECT TITAN, an initiative pushed by the reigning Talroakian Philosopher-King to develop a new type of high-mobility armored fighting vehicle to enable the Kingdom to have an edge on the battlefield, as tensions between the Talroakians and the Blasphelix rose.

The original Tiger prototype fielded an arm-mounted large laser in the right arm instead of the autocannon, the same one mounted on the Chafers, and had another set of LRM-5s and another ton of ammo.  This proved too ambitious, however, as the prototype would readily overheat when firing both groups of LRMs.  Because of this, and a general shortage of large lasers that were already earmarked for the Chafers, resulted in several-year delay as the armament was tweaked.  The final armament stripped the left torso LRMs (but retained their tube portrusions) and replaced the large laser with an AC/20, a weapon taken off a Talroakian heavy aerospace fighter virtually without modification.

The Tiger was the latest and least common Battlemech fielded by the Mechani Alliance, primarily due to the initial delays, but they proved to be very capable war machines.  Tigers brought some much-needed punch to the Battlemech corps, providing supporting fire to faster Chafers battlemechs in the Tripartite War.

In one notable engagement during the Battle of Fondu River, a Battalion of Blasphelian medium amphibious tanks forded a the aformentioned Fondu River to engage a company of Tigers under LRM fire, under the reasonable assumption that getting their tanks beneath the effective range of the Tiger's LRMs would give a significant advantage.  Upon getting within 150 meters of the first Tiger, the Battlemech company detached their false arm and began blasting the tank battalion to pieces.  The surprise unveiling of the autocannon shattered the battalion's morale and caused the survivors to retreat back through the river, once again exposing the group to LRM fire.  Just two tanks survived the encounter.

Variants

The 2nd generation Tiger uses a lighter SFE and modern armor composites, which frees up enough weight to reinstall the 20-tube LRM battery on the left side torso, enough heat sinks to fire all of them, and an additional ton of ammo, significantly improving its ability to perform indirect fire support.  The false arm actuators on the right arm were omitted, as their very public exploits during the Tripartite War meant there was no longer any element of surprise to gain from the feature.

The 3rd generation Tiger uses ferro-fibrous armor and double heat sinks to free up enough weight to install a UAC/20 with a higher rate of fire than the original, more ammo for all of the weapon systems, and an advanced CASE II ammunition management system to provide protection to the Battlemech against any hits penetrating the expanded ammunition bays.
Battle Armor / Re: There can be some changes for infantry?
« Last post by Lance Leader on Today at 00:59:33 »
I've said it before (in thread long instances, some locked), but a 4AP/4BD rifle is NOT an AK-47 or M-4/16.  It's a rifle with literally centuries of improvements, some of which we haven't even imagined yet.  And BAR 10 ablative armor is NOT however many millimeters of Rolled Homogeneous high-quality steel.  It may be bog-standard in the 31st century, but it's not comparable to anything we have right now.  I have no problem with a full burst from such a weapon properly aimed (i.e., a successful to hit roll) causing a single point of damage to a 'mech with BAR 10 armor.  And the current infantry rules REDUCE the damage from that level, so I have no problem with that either.  Where I draw the line is an arbitrary zero damage determination.  Anything that gets to zero should get there procedurally, and the AToW Companion gives us a formula that does exactly that.  Is the threshold for zero "kind of" low?  Some would argue that.  I don't.

The issue I have with that is that an auto-rifle is orders of magnitude smaller than an auto-cannon.  One ton of auto-canon ammunition gets you 100 dmg, or you get 1 point of damage per 10kg of AC ammo.  A full clip of auto-rifle ammo is .48kg so you are going to need a minimum of 21 auto-rifle clips to do one point of mech scale damage.  To be internally consistent it should take 3 squads emptying their rifles on full automatic for a full 10 second turn with every bullet hitting to do one point of mech scale damage.
Battle Armor / Re: There can be some changes for infantry?
« Last post by Charistoph on Today at 00:57:08 »
That is a yes, squads/platoons of nothing but AK style rifles should only be good against other squads/platoons with similar weapons.

I'm going to disagree here, mostly because of the nature of Battletech Armor and continuous advancement of the basic small arm.  However, I do think that the Anti-Armor capacity of the Rifle should be notably reduced from what it is now, but their Anti-Infantry capacity is far more effective.

Going in to a memory hole to look up this information, from CityTech through BMR(r), Rifle Infantry only did about 1 Damage per for 4 Riflemen, rounded up.  Effectively speaking, a 7 man Squad could do no more than 2 Damage to Armor, and 7 Damage for the full 28-man Platoon.  Honestly, I think this is a better option than what currently exists, and still allows basic Rifle Squads/Platoons to do more than just die when a unit that is nothing but Armor rolls in.  As a side note, this should not trigger Vehicle Motive Crits or TACs, and even take reduced Chances on Structure Crits.

However, it's Damage to ConvInf is a different story.  How much Damage should a Sqaud or Platoon actually do to another Squad or Platoon?  Is the current Rifle Damage do to other ConvInf proper?  Should it apply to Battle Armor as well?

NOw, I think there's a strong argument for separating anti-armor damage, from anti-personnel damage, but I think it also needs to separate anti-armor RANGE from Anti-Personnel range.

Honestly, I thought that was rather inferred, as there is no way to properly separate Damage without separating the Range.  However, considering that the Tech Manual already does the opposite, it's probably a good thing to bring up.

On the side of the sheet, there are three ranges.  Range 1, is your antipersonnel range and it's the combination of your support weapon and infantry rifle/whatever primary weapons-the averaged out distance they reach to kill unarmored (as in not wrapped in 'mech grade armor) opponents.

Block 2 is the range of your disposable, one-shot weapons, with an ammo counter for however many volleys you use before you run out.

Block 3 is the anti-armor range of your anti-armor support weapons.  It's going to be shorter than block 1.  I'd say for efficiency's sake, a machine gun platoon's anti-armor range maxes at 3 here, but in anti-personnel use, it maxes at 12  to 18.

I think swapping Block 2 and Block 3 is a better idea.  Consider that the standard build of an Infantry unit in a Total Warfare equivalent doesn't carry things in Block 2, but most carry Block 3.  And unless you're going to increase the AP range of MGs for Vehicles and 'Mechs, I don't think it would be a good thing to have a different range there.

Yeah.  SRMs and LRMs really should be full range.

I'm going to disagree here, mostly because Infantry just don't have the sensor suite that Vehicles and 'Mechs have to guide the missiles over that range.

...Only with some sort of exoskeleton/harness would I be okay with them running around at a 7-mile-an-hour run and still be able to pop off accurate shots.

Aside from the harness, that's how infantry squad weapons function in the real world today, if I recall. In fact, I imagine things function probably a little slower, depending on the weapon and crew familiarity/training.

A lot of support weapons do need some time to set up in our day mostly because we don't have gyro-stabilized harnesses to carry a Javelin or M-2 HMG.  Still, if it became normal, it would return Infantry mobility back to what it was prior to Total Warfare.  I would not be against this concept, as I don't understand why this needed to be done.  It's not like Infantry were really outrunning anybody.

There's on thing I've been wanting to implement something as a tactic against foot infantry that we don't get to see in BT - pinning.

When a squad comes under fire, they should generally be trained to hit the dirt or find cover and keep close to the ground. This would hamper their movement over 100 feet pretty heftily. 

But, if there's one thing that I don't see high end tanks or BattleMechs doing, or even Battle Armor, it is laying down sustained fire to keep heads down.  However, that's something that infantry CAN do, whether from the back of a half-track or from behind trees or a broken wall.

This I might take to the general fan-rules.

This is an interesting idea.  The question is how to implement it.  Do you set it up as the nature of a certain type of fire, or is it an action performed with a set of certain weapons?  Probably limit it to Rifles and Burst-Fire weapons.
Tactical Operations / Rapid-Fire Protomech Autocannons
« Last post by XanKortal on Today at 00:52:31 »
Just wanted to make sure I had this idea correctly before going and 'trying it at home'

Autocannon Rapid-Fire mode rules (Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules 6th printing, page 98) specify that:
"Any standard or light autocannon (not LB-X, Ultra or Rotary models) can fire any ammunition type legal to it at double the standard rate, as though it were an Ultra AC"

Protomech Autocannons are not on either list, but the rules for Protomech ACs (Tactical Operations: Advanced Units and Equipment 6th printing page 98) specify that:
"ProtoMech Autocannons use the same rules as standard autocannons, including the ability to use special munitions"

Question:
Because Protomech Autocannons use the same rules as Standard autocannons and are not explicitly listed in the list of autocannons that cannot use Rapid-Fire: that means that Protomech Autocannons can use those rapid fire optional rules, right?
Fan Fiction / Re: Hidden Hope (Golden Lion AU, Part 4)
« Last post by AlphaMirage on Today at 00:44:00 »
08:30
The town of Denton was filled with the sounds of combat as the Watch engaged white and blue COMGuard Portee Field Guns and heavy machine gun armed Technicals. Cell Commander Shigeru Kajita took a parting shot with his ERPPC at the Lachan Marine Warrior VTOL as his unit kept the COMGuards away from the infiltration team presently slicing into the Order’s intranet to find their missing SXR. His Sidewinder had already seen heavy combat and there were numerous ejected heads transferred to their landing zone with the Overlord-C inbound.

His shot went wide as it continued to engage his unit with its long range chain gun. “Where is our top cover!”

“The Tomahawks have been forced to return to the Venturi after taking battleship fire and vigorous resistance from Marine aviation.”

“A battleship in Old Connaught?
The ocean is hundreds of kilometers away.
How could we miss that from orbit.”
“A very small battleship is the only way to describe it Sir. It is a leading a surface action group with impressive SAM armament.”

A Technical appeared and quickly reversed before his ATMs could obliterate it, instead the explosions set more fires that joined the others damaging COMSTAR’s compound. “Did you shoot at it?”
“Ten times with the lasers, it still did not sink.”
“Continue engaging other softer targets of opportunity, cause as much damage as possible before they can chase us away.”
“Aye, Sir.”

Shigeru was already racing against time, their element of surprise was ruined, and they had no reinforcements inbound. Losing air cover was a major setback as the enemy continued to mass against him and their ammunition dwindled. His infiltration team returned, slinging their Mauser IIC lasers over their back, and clambering up the Omnimech, “There is no sign that COMSTAR has our SXR Cell Commander. We have compiled a list of alternate sites but all of them are listed as abandoned by the order.”
“Can we cross-reference them with the Venturi and our probes.”
Shigeru saw a progress bar as his Sidewinder uplinked with the Venturi and its NCSS, “Uploading them now. The Venturi can sort it out before we reach the dropship.”
“They had better hurry; we need to find and destroy it before it can be examined in detail and its vulnerabilities discovered.
Until we confirm its destruction, we cannot leave this system.”
“All ground units fall back to the dust-off point.
Do not allow them to surround and overwhelm us.”

Cassandra Allard(-Liao) couldn’t believe that she was fighting alongside Lady Kell, Yorinaga-san, and Hanse Davion. She felt inadequate but eager to prove that she and her Hunchback ‘Boxcars’ were worthy of being here, right now among such notables. Their lance and a company of AMC Mechs crested the hill separating Denton from Old Connaught. From their vantage point they could see the HPG transmission tower which had been bombarded by the Venturi’s missiles. Smoke rose from throughout the city as multiple fires spread throughout its many universities and corporate research labs.

The highway they had strode beside was crowded with cars, some abandoned on the median as their drivers took shelter in culverts and glades. All were honking as combat had occurred during midweek rush hour and no one was happy, but each gave out a slight cheer as the Battlemechs passed by.

“Have you ever used your mech in an actual fight Cassandra?” Hanse Davion said as his Battlemaster ‘The Black Prince’ walked beside her smaller Hunchback which carrying a double five missile launcher so she could be useful outside of her SRM range.
“No Mister Davion,” It was so hard to not call him ‘Prince’ or Colonel or any of the other ranks he had retired from before becoming a private citizen and rancher on New Avalon. How did he have such humility to step down from such a high position?

“Well, when I fought at the Battle of Cylene with the Fourth Deneb during my training deployment in oh one. I was scared too; however, I was also waist deep in the lake with this Battlemaster after skinny dipping with a local blonde so there was no escaping.

I just kept trying to fight and eventually just confused the hell out of the Kuritan forces and booked it out of there, left my cooling vest and pants behind.”
Yorinaga’s Warhammer twisted over to the Battlemaster, “Hanse, you fought and routed the Ninth Dieron Regulars on Cylene at eighteen, nude?”
“I had my neurohelmet on Yori.
Isn’t it still true that the DCMS makes their female MechWarriors fight topless for lack of proper fitting cooling vests Yorinaga?”

The Warhammer twisted back and continued its route silently.

She suddenly felt very conscious of her chest and there was not much beneath her Canopian cooling vest. It also made her feel strange about Lady Kell and her own mother, the late MechWarrior, to just be so exposed in a Battlemech seemed absurd. “I thought that was an urban legend.”
“Well, you have never seen them eject on a battlefield young lady.
I started carrying an extra coat in my cockpit because I am a gentleman.”

Major Salome Ward was in command and on point in her Wolverine, “Cut the unnecessary chatter Hanse, I am getting reports that the enemy is withdrawing, and I think I know where they are headed.”

“Lead the way then Sally.”

Cassandra was once more terribly confused by such inappropriate address of her ‘hostess,’ for lack of a better word, by the former First Prince. No one dared call Lady Kell ‘Sally’ or had for probably decades, certainly at long as she had been married to Duke Morgan. Even her brother-in-law Patrick ‘Playboy’ Kell used her formal address, and he was famous for being flippant, calling Archon Steiner “buttercup” to her face on multiple occasions, as if she was a girl.

Lady Kell said nothing in reply, she was focused on the mission and raced forward forcing the others in their slower machines to run to keep pace with her as they cut through mountains, moors, and glades. During their cross-country trek Cassandra was focused on threats and hazards but also filled with thoughts.

Only one person in the Inner Sphere had ever stuck consequences to Patrick Kell, taking from him an arm but giving him a son. Yorinaga Kurita was walking beside them right now, stoic, solid in his Warhammer, its PPC barrels never wavered despite the difficult terrain they traversed. She had never seen a pilot so in tune with his machine.

To think that this same man had killed Hanse Davion’s brother, and the present First Prince’s uncle and namesake Ian, in a duel, and was now treated as a family friend of the Kells in his retirement from the DCMS. His son Akira Brahe led Kell Hound’s Second Regiment, earning the command of a unit his father had trained an entire army of DCMS MechWarriors to defeat.

More AMC and Kell Huscarl forces arrived by the minutes. It was only a matter of time until the assault craft undergoing repair in ‘Wolf City’ were in the air and on station to chase away or disable the Venturi above.

Most of the other damage was in Denton around the COMSTAR compound which was curious as the enemies didn’t act anything like Diana had told them regular Clan forces behaved. Were they a new threat? or one that Diana had concealed from them? That Warrior was a strange one, but she had been forthright and honorable in all her dealings thus far.

One of the strange helicopters of the invaders flew above the terrain. She zoomed in on it to see a large cylindrical object carried centerline beneath it. They were gathering in an old meteor crater on the other side of the mountains that shielded COMSTAR’s transmission equipment from Old Connaught and particularly the naval base’s radio transmission (and intercept) gear. “What is that?”

There were more of them too in the crater bottom and above them their mech’s sensors confirmed that an Overlord-C was approaching. The sounds of battle came from a nearby mountain pass, the broken terrain made pursuit difficult but the enemy mechs were equipped with jump jets. They looked almost ‘beautiful’ like acrobats on wires as they bounded back across the ridges to this assembly area.

“It looks like a weird…egg.” Hanse said as he surveyed the terrain to find the fastest, safest path to approach the enemy.
Yorinaga’s astute mind realized something, “There are the same number of these eggs as there are destroyed enemy mechs according to the COMGuards.”

Salome’s Wolverine stepped forward, its more advanced SLDF era sensors scanning the area before them. “Those are Mech heads. They just eject with their whole head like Phelen’s Wolfhound had. Then get picked by allies or attached to a fast moving vehicle for exfil.”

A chill ran down Cassandra’s spine thinking about the peculiarity of these invaders, and a cargo bay full of headless Battlemechs. “So, there are probably dozens of decapitated Mechs in that Warship they can pop into.
Everything is interchangeable?”
“Probably Cass.”
“That’s creepy.”
“Indeed, Yori you are fire support, shoot the biggest threat until it stops moving.
Cass stick with Hanse, do what he says even if it sounds dumb, because it might work.
He’s survived long enough to have the benefit of the doubt.”

She raised her Nova 5 Ultra Autocannon, “I’m going to flank them and see if I can’t take a few more heavily damaged mechs down in the process and lighten their dropships load.”

Yorinaga Kurita found a solid firing position and his Warhammer adopted the sort of horse stance that her brother Kai became famous for. Two lances of high energy particles fired forth and into the rear of the retreating Goshawks punching through the vulnerable armor there and into its innards. Salome’s Wolverine leapt into the air and onto a nearby ridge where it began firing its autocannon at the drone VTOLs landing for recovery by the Dropship now on final approach.

“We don’t have a lot of time Cass, so I’m going to slide my Battlemaster down this hill while shooting my PPC at them. You give it a try.”

Cassandra watched as Hanse Davion pushed his Battlemaster down the hill like a child riding down a snowy slope. Rocks and dust were thrown up as the assault mech created a deep groove where its feet and hips dug into the loose stone. All the while he braced his PPC arm with his other and delivered a precise blast to one of the larger Sidewinders. She paused at the top as the Battlemaster landed and effortlessly rose from the fall likely faster than the man inside could muster outside the cockpit. He was having a fantastic time while she was terrified.

Something deep inside her couldn’t help but want to pull a trigger at his back, “This is a terrible idea.”

Boxcars sat down and one handed its missile launcher resting it on the mechs leg, she pushed off and shouldered the missile launcher, “Kai is going to kill me.”

09:18
Shigeru lifted off with five fewer Mechs onboard after a last minute ambush from the side. However, he had lost no pilots or operatives. He lifted his cockpit canopy but since the Overlord-C was in ascent he couldn’t and wouldn’t undo his harness. Even though he had an EI system implanted in his nerves he still wore and helmet and threw it against the sides of his mech bay. Its impact resistant shell hit with a hollow thud, “Savashri! Spheroids!”

He had lost almost two Trinaries of Battlemechs and all the drones he had deployed. A Binary of Fighters down would require a trip back to friendly lines to resupply their parts, delaying their own mission.

First Officer Holly reported in from the Venturi which was now boosting away after detecting incoming assault craft on the long range RADAR. “Cell Commander, we cross-referenced the COMSTAR records with recent activity observed on-world. Two dropships have flown to a starport near a COMSTAR Polar maintenance facilities in Grunwald.

Our records indicate that such a facility would have the necessary equipment to conduct exploitation of our technology and be remote enough to easily secure with a small force.

Their records indicate it is abandoned.”

“I see. Send the second team then and tell them to hurry. We need to get out of this system before more enemies arrives.”
“Aye Sir.”

10:00
The Venturi and its dropships headed North but the Overlord and Venturi drew away hostile assault ships while a lone Gazelle IIC dropped into the Stratosphere. Its electronic warfare suite generating a decoy return that would show it as a friendly Buccaneer intra-planetary freighter of the same tonnage flying under Outworlds registration using stolen credentials.

Inside heavily armed and armored Nightshade armored Watch Operatives piled into slender vehicles that more resembled cruise missiles than anything else. They secured themselves for a low altitude drop and sent the all-clear signal to the command deck. “Venturi, we are locked and loaded. Combat drop in,” they consulted their finely crafted analog watches engraved with an Eye of Horus, unlike others with the Daggerstar, rather than the vessel’s digital clock, “twenty-two minutes.”
Makes sense doing it like they did for Mercs with its DLC

OR

the game is a test bed for the next game "MW6". Honestly I hope they do just add DLC packs for other Clan conflicts, means we get it sooner :cool:
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy
« Last post by abou on Today at 00:22:53 »
I think you've done a really good job highlighting the black while still communicating that it is black. I find that particularly difficult.

Bummer about your eyes though. Anything you can do to compensate?
Aerospace / Re: Warship Arms Race III
« Last post by Lagrange on Today at 00:16:33 »
Ah, the first post has who's who.  The current missing set is CC, DC, TC, UHC, and  MoC.  Of these, CC and DC seem the most critical to the game.  I did CC previously, so I'm inclined towards DC.

My admiral will be a skilled scaling systems designer.

(I remain flexible about which faction, so if someone else really wants DC, happy to cede for something else.)
Off Topic / Re: dvd/Blu ray players
« Last post by garhkal on Today at 00:14:01 »
design self obscelesence
try off brand dvd/blue ray player they seem to last longer

Such as which brands?  Most stores i look in, just HAVE sony, panasonic or LG.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10