Author Topic: MWO - 2 New Legends Mechs Announced (Phoenix Hawk and Champion previews)  (Read 589 times)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • September ⑨th's coming!!!
First the Phoenix Hawk "Spectre"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JprfGlHMZBc
(Doesn't it look like a Phoenix Hawk IIC wannabe?  Or perhaps if the PXH-IIC was in MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat)

and the Champion "Apache"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtN6SBLmKU
(an extra winged Champion?  Damn, look at those wings!)

Sorry, I didn't put up the images of them in this thread
« Last Edit: 12 August 2024, 18:36:06 by Sapphirus »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Something going on with "Spectre"  I'm not sure I get Phoenix Hawk IIC vibes, but that thing certainly has long hang time using it's Jump Jets
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Something going on with "Spectre"  I'm not sure I get Phoenix Hawk IIC vibes, but that thing certainly has long hang time using it's Jump Jets

Looks like the back pack was modeled/inspired by the ReSeen Phoenix Hawk IIC 
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:Phoenix_hawk_iic_7.png
« Last Edit: 15 August 2024, 21:45:54 by SteelRaven »
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I just found out, one the devs mentioned on Reddit the reason why the wings and the extra flight is because it's suppose to be Partial Wing.

I thought wing was going wrong direction for that but, I guess it makes sense.  Flight time for the Phoenix Hawk is pretty insane.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

MightyBolamite

• Corporal
Makes you wonder if they are experimenting with new JJ coding.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
That would make sense if they were adding them.  If you watch the video, the Hawk flying around crazy.  They firmly said their not interested in making actual LAM adaption to MWO.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
PGI have played with gravity and the like in Event Queue before so it's just leveraging that. Same deal for removing jumpnjet shake.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Lordy, I guess Champion will actually get to fly.    I bit questioning why Partial Wings include Jump Jets built in.  How different is that going change things?   

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Lordy, I guess Champion will actually get to fly.    I bit questioning why Partial Wings include Jump Jets built in. How different is that going change things?

It simply makes the wings a package deal, Jumping has been a tactics as far as the meta goes for very few mechs and PGI/Cauldron really want players to use these to be strafing and flanking machines. We will most likely still going to see players strap a couple of Light Gauss on these mechs and use them as pop up snipers, taking advantage or the crazier positions on Tourmaline Dessert and Grim Plexus.   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I just found out that the Partial Wings are exclusive /built-in to these variants.  It's not something you can slap into any mech

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • September ⑨th's coming!!!
That's weird, the Apache's on the steam store but not the Spectre
EDIT: *checks MWO site*  Oh, it's coming soon
« Last Edit: 20 August 2024, 15:21:26 by Sapphirus »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Been running into the Spectre and Apache, I've so far notice Spectre is a game changer.   That thing is super sniper machine.  Fly on top of ridges, ECM blocking makes difficult to spot as it's taking you out. It's pretty potent so far.

The Apache Champion seems to be tough near-flying gunship, but not as lethal so far Spectre is.

Register